• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maribor vs Liverpool Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's an obsession. Most people are just pointing out that that is where they think he will end up. It's a reasonable opinion I think.

One thing I'll say for TAA that's two goals in a handful of appearances, which is impressive when it takes Clyne or Moreno a season or more to score two

Because it's his natural position?

If hes more than capable at full back at this age, then he could be fucking majestic in midfield
Carra went the other way, midfield is infinitely more difficult to play that full back

Besides, it's moronic to say the way someone shapes up to shoot means they're an obvious midfielder. You may aswell have drawn the same conclusion from Agger's goal against West Ham, Riise's goal against Newcastle, Hyypia's goal against Juve, etc.
It's a stupid point.
Shows what you know.

I know it's horses for courses and everything but I wouldn't be changing that front six much at the weekend. Milner is far better than Henderson and made the difference getting the ball forward in the early stages. The back five is harder to comment on, given how little they had to do.

Reactions: KFC
I decided last night to go and watch a local non-league team (dulwich hamlet) instead of trying to stream this game. Gutted!

I would play same 11 (or 10, with Mignolet likely coming back in goal) against Spurs. Milner's runs beyond the attackers (from what I have seen in the highlights) gave Firmino more opportunity to stay between the sticks which was a factor in a number of our goals.

I'm not "drinking the Kool-aid" on TAA yet, and I thought he was probably our most disappointing player last night...

Excellent performance - especially pleased with Boring James, and Can completing a "men against boys" performance - looked like an 18yr old schooling a bunch of 13yr olds

I'm not "drinking the Kool-aid" on TAA yet, and I thought he was probably our most disappointing player last night...

Excellent performance - especially pleased with Boring James, and Can completing a "men against boys" performance - looked like an 18yr old schooling a bunch of 13yr olds

Yeah, it's still early days with TAA. Let him prove himself at this level first (which he hasn't quite done yet) before proclaiming this and that.

Also, loved Can's performance and his constant bullying of their players.

That was fun to watch!

Everyone was very good, but if you had to pick a man of the match, I think it would probably have to be either Salah or Firmino

Special mention also to Milner, who made a strong claim for a regular place *somewhere* in the team with an impressive display in only his fourth start of the season

After that display you can certainly see why he rates CM as his best position. Ironically that makes his showing at LB last season all the more praiseworthy IMO.

I think the problem previously with him in midfield is that he likes to roam, and Klopp tried to play him deep, which doesn't really suit him, despite his doggedness. Playing as the advanced player in the midfield three really got the best out of him last night.

After that display you can certainly see why he rates CM as his best position. Ironically that makes his showing at LB last season all the more praiseworthy IMO.
It would certainly be a rarity though, a player thinking a position is his best & actually being right about it.

It would certainly be a rarity though, a player thinking a position is his best & actually being right about it.

He played well, but again, like many of his midfield displays, he DOES have a tendency to drift wide quite often; there have been times when he's played CM for Liverpool and left his CM partner on his own in the middle

Still, I've always liked Milner, so I'm never going to be disappointed with him in the side

He played well, but again, like many of his midfield displays, he DOES have a tendency to drift wide quite often; there have been times when he's played CM for Liverpool and left his CM partner on his own in the middle

Still, I've always liked Milner, so I'm never going to be disappointed with him in the side
Yes, he definitely goes awol and that’s what worries me. We could get seriously exposed. But then I think it’s up to Klopp and other players showing a bit of intelligence in covering for that if necessary.

Because it's his natural position?

If hes more than capable at full back at this age, then he could be fucking majestic in midfield
How is midfield his natural position? I remember when people thought the same with riise because he was good going forward. But he got less space to attack when he played in midfield. Keeping TAA at RB means we'll have true quality there for the next 10 years.

How is midfield his natural position? I remember when people thought the same with riise because he was good going forward. But he got less space to attack when he played in midfield. Keeping TAA at RB means we'll have true quality there for the next 10 years.

He has played midfield, right midfield and right back at Liverpool and Gerrard is his idol and role model

It's not unreasonable to suggest that he might *not* end up as Liverpool's rightback for the next 10 years, and Riise is hardly a fair comparison, given he himself said his best position was left back

He has played midfield, right midfield and right back at Liverpool and Gerrard is his idol and role model

It's not unreasonable to suggest that he might *not* end up as Liverpool's rightback for the next 10 years, and Riise is hardly a fair comparison, given he himself said his best position was left back
Fair play that's a fair enough point. But I don't think he would be wasted if he stayed as a RB and excelled in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom