• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Man United Vs Man City

Prefix for Poll Threads

Outcome tonight

• City win

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Man U win

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson thinks we'll win the league. He thinks that because he is sure they'll take points off citeh & citeh will drop points elsewhere too.

Heard it on a podcast, came second hand, apparent he told Phil Beardsley last week.

Spurs would have been one of the games he saw them dropping points...

Only hope is it's at old Trafford and the atmosphere will be weird. It might unsettle them.

Utd will have to park the bus after today's mauling.

You’d think City would batter Utd, but, it’s a derby, so anything could happen. Utd are at home. Utd are just off the back of a humiliating defeat and will be desperate to appease their fans.
Can’t see them getting battered by city and could easily sneak a draw. Can’t see them winning though.

Defeat to Everton is a blessing in disguise. Ole Gunner Solskjaer will demand brilliance or kick the players out during the summer window. City maybe playing for a title, but United players will be playing for their future.

If united were to be pounded by city on Wednesday is Solksjaers job under threat already?

If united were to be pounded by city on Wednesday is Solksjaers job under threat already?

Nah, they've just given him a 3 year contract. They can't not give him at least 2 windows out to bring new blood in. Both Jose, Ole, and Gary Neville know there's a huge mentality problem at the club which needs fixing and it was obvious to anyone who saw the first 45 minutes today. They couldn't give a fuck.

Nah, they've just given him a 3 year contract. They can't not give him at least 2 windows out to bring new blood in. Both Jose, Ole, and Gary Neville know there's a huge mentality problem at the club which needs fixing and it was obvious to anyone who saw the first 45 minutes today. They couldn't give a fuck.

That's a relief because I don't think he's the man to fix anything there. I didn't realise it was 3 years, surely he was desperate enough to take one or two.

They were talking about his contract length on the radio & loads of people were saying three years is ridiculous.

Simon Jordan was on & said he guesses that there's a one year termination clause, cited a few clubs who've used it. It means you can give a long contract basically for media & signing new players to see stability, but in terms of finances the club can let them go as cheaply as if it were a one year contract. Added it only works if the manager hadn't got loads of power/isn't a big name, but obv in this case you'd guess it would be easy for them to get him to sign that.

Personally I think they're using him as a fairly cheap stopgap, they've said that they won't have their DoF in place for a year or two so I don't think that they'll splash serious cash on a manager before then.

Utd were a shambles today, worst I've seen of them since LVG/Moyes

However on their day Pogba Rashford Martial & Lukaku are capable of causing any sides problems like we saw at PSG and against Spurs.

But I just feel the atmosphere at the old toilet will be so flat because they know in the back of their minds, if they galvanize their side to a win we'll have our best chance to win the league in 30 years

They were talking about his contract length on the radio & loads of people were saying three years is ridiculous.

Simon Jordan was on & said he guesses that there's a one year termination clause, cited a few clubs who've used it. It means you can give a long contract basically for media & signing new players to see stability, but in terms of finances the club can let them go as cheaply as if it were a one year contract. Added it only works if the manager hadn't got loads of power/isn't a big name, but obv in this case you'd guess it would be easy for them to get him to sign that.

Personally I think they're using him as a fairly cheap stopgap, they've said that they won't have their DoF in place for a year or two so I don't think that they'll splash serious cash on a manager before then.

I quite like listening to Simon Jordan, it's rare to have someone with his perspective on the radio. I've heard him go hard in interviews a few times too.

That'd make sense cos Solksjaer looked like he'd crawl over broken glass for the job, no club is that stupid.

I quite like listening to Simon Jordan, it's rare to have someone with his perspective on the radio. I've heard him go hard in interviews a few times too.

That'd make sense cos Solksjaer looked like he'd crawl over broken glass for the job, no club is that stupid.

Yeah, it's weird, cos I disagree vehemently with many of his views & opinions, but he does tend to open up about a great deal more than most football people & isn't afraid to talk about business decisions taking priority over footballing ones without dressing it up like you so often hear of, & he also tends to name other owners & clubs without fear as examples of certain things.

Can’t see anything but City mauling them. Their approach will drag Utd all over the place and they don’t have the decipline or heart to work that hard.

For those thinking it’s the derby and they’ll be up for it. I don’t think it’ll matter one bit when one side is so vastly superior. We did it in 13/14 cruising to 3-0 and could have been 5 or 6.

Having said all that stranger things have happened in football but City will have to have an off day and a number of Utd players especially DDG have the game of their lives.

It would nice to see City not take the lead inside 15 mins for a change.

Okay, not easy to find anything positive to think about before that game. But Utd are at home against their Manchester rival, they need points to make the top 4 and they've lost 6 out of the last 8. After that shocking performance you can only hope that OGS calls his stepdad Fergie for some advice and the old wrinkled pissed stained red nosed cunt turns up to the Utd training the next few days and give them an old fashioned hair dryer treatment.
Because the only thing I can think of is Utd turning up with some passion, desire and will to win. Thats the only way they can beat City.
Score the first goal, get the crowd behind them and then fight for everything out there.

Its a lovely thought that they can do that but; they're shite, Ole is shite, De Gayer has turned to shit and they'd probably rather lose out to CL footy then to see us win the league. Not expecting anything but who knows.

They've lost 6 out of their last 8?? Bloody heck that's woeful

Okay, not easy to find anything positive to think about before that game. But Utd are at home against their Manchester rival, they need points to make the top 4 and they've lost 6 out of the last 8. After that shocking performance you can only hope that OGS calls his stepdad Fergie for some advice and the old wrinkled pissed stained red nosed cunt turns up to the Utd training the next few days and give them an old fashioned hair dryer treatment.
Because the only thing I can think of is Utd turning up with some passion, desire and will to win. Thats the only way they can beat City.
Score the first goal, get the crowd behind them and then fight for everything out there.

Its a lovely thought that they can do that but; they're shite, Ole is shite, De Gayer has turned to shit and they'd probably rather lose out to CL footy then to see us win the league. Not expecting anything but who knows.
Aye sad but true. It comes to something when have to rely on Burnley to get a result over fucking Utd! Oh well

Klopp was asked about the importance of the Manchester derby and he took the opportunity to take a pop at United.

"It [the derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either," Klopp quipped to Sky Sports after beating Cardiff City 2-0. "What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0, to Everton?"

:D

We will be 3 or 4 points clear after next weekend games..

City will either get beat or draw against UTD and draw against Burnley

There I said it...

1 win in the remaining games could then seal the title. However we will draw against Newcastle, sending this site into meltdown, particulary the Anti Rafa brigade..

Threads will appear.. we have blown it, Sack Klopp (for fielding a weakened side), Rafa is a cunt, etc etc

However we will then proceed to win the title on the last day of the Season at home to Wolves, winning it by 1 or 2 pts..

Last edited:
52882674.jpg

I don't know whether to watch it. I don't know whether to wear my lucky socks & do my usual Liverpool match watching routine & whether it will help, never tried wearing the lucky socks specifically for a citeh match.

We know there's a slim chance Brighton or maybe Leicester could take points off them, but let's face it, if they beat Utd then psychologically they'll have a huge advantage & it's hard to imagine them fucking it up afterwards.

Will you be watching? And more importantly, should I wear my lucky socks if I watch?

I’m definitely watching. It’s a big football match generally anyway, with the added importance of influencing the title.

Yeah I'd be watching it even if we had nothing to do with it. Last season city were two nil up at half time and expected to win the league there, but manure won it in the second half. Great game. Same result please.

I just don't see this one playing out well. My hopes are pinned on Leicester. Leicester are an excellent team on the break, have a few excellent defenders and some class in midfield and up front. As we know ourselves, they're capable of doing something and I'd be made up not just for us, but for Rodgers if he helps us deliver what he narrowly missed out on in 2013-14.

United- they're gutless and rotten at the core. Cannot see anything other than a comfortable victory for City.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom