• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas/Reina latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been bothered either way about Lucas. I find the gloating by his long-term haters a bit much, though, seeing as though he has never really come back from his injury in 2011. He really had improved an awful lot to that point, and perfectly reasonable people were talking about his as one of the best DMs in the league.

I'm not sure his critics have been proved right. I think they just got lucky that he suffered such a bad injury, and that they should probably acknowledge that part of the story before they start crowing.

It's not really crowing Pete, it works both ways, he had a spell of good form that season, after a few years of dividing the fans, during which time his "likers" did more or less the same thing, they rammed his good form down the throats of his critics. He's never been that great, just a steady Eddie who hit some great form for a short spell, but he's always been a great pro who gave his all. I don't hate him and I'm not gonna crow about him, I've taken the piss a few times, merely to ruffle the feathers of those who go overboard in their praise.

Good luck to the lad, whatever happens.

I have....because other than a few games he has largely been shite and one of the main reason for us slipping out of top four and staying there.

But he is a likeable lad in all other aspects. But the truth is, liking this likeable lad has cost us.

He should never have played as many games as he did for us. He should have always been a squad option.

Lucas served us well in his time at the club. He was an honest player who always gave 100%. Since his injury he never quite hit the heady heights of his best performances. Thank you Lucas.

Time for a fresh start elsewhere. Good luck lad and Godspeed!

@Liddellpool: Lucas Leiva could be set for a move to Napoli according to president of the Italian club Aurelio Del Laurentiis. * Globo *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom