• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas - he's off ! - Oh no he Isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. The discussion about Lucas has been stretched to ludicrous extremes in both directions, but my guess is that a majority of us would be more or less in agreement with this.

Agreed, but sometimes that's just fandom. I think some of the skewing (one way or the other) with Lucas can be put down to him being one of the last remaining links in the first team to the pre-Rodgers era. We saw similar skewed views with Martin Skrtel, albeit Skrtel didn't have an equivalent super-fan fighting his corner.

I hope you shut the fuck up.

Mark in fairness you've mentioned that he's never been regular a number of time, Modo shows he clearly has been with facts and instead of admitting you were wrong you come out with this?

And you wonder why he and Arn have a dig at you?

You don't rate Lucas, that's fine but to say he hasn't been a regular is total bollox and simply untrue.

Agreed, but sometimes that's just fandom. I think some of the skewing (one way or the other) with Lucas can be put down to him being one of the last remaining links in the first team to the pre-Rodgers era. We saw similar skewed views with Martin Skrtel, albeit Skrtel didn't have an equivalent super-fan fighting his corner.

Some cunts just like arguing on the internet.

Mark in fairness you've mentioned that he's never been regular a number of time, Modo shows he clearly has been with facts and instead of admitting you were wrong you come out with this?

And you wonder why he and Arn have a dig at you?

You don't rate Lucas, that's fine but to say he hasn't been a regular is total bollox and simply untrue.
38 games last year.

Rubbish.

His Premiership starts in the last 4 years have been:

2012/13 - 24
2013/14 - 20
2014/15 - 16
2015/16 - 21

Sparingly is labouring the point, but it's pretty obvious he's not a nailed on starter, he never has been. Out of the last four seasons Premiership games, 152 matches, he's started exactly 81.

So shove your rubbish up your arse Pat.

Will this site ever be the same again without Lucas ? - I don't think so. In many ways he symbolized the overall average level of our team - he had his high points where many thought he was doing really well as the holding guy - then inevitably he would get injured and be out for a few weeks/months and would return to his average form - much like the team overall in the last 9-10 seasons where we would have high points in each season and then falter. Lucas has embodied Liverpool the football club like no other - I will NOT miss him and I hope this changes our fortunes for the future - God willing. His very presence in our team is a reminder of our title-less seasons - watching him is painful like Superman and Kryptonite.

Will this site ever be the same again without Lucas ? - I don't think so. In many ways he symbolized the overall average level of our team - he had his high points where many thought he was doing really well as the holding guy - then inevitably he would get injured and be out for a few weeks/months and would return to his average form - much like the team overall in the last 9-10 seasons where we would have high points in each season and then falter. Lucas has embodied Liverpool the football club like no other - I will NOT miss him and I hope this changes our fortunes for the future - God willing. His very presence in our team is a reminder of our title-less seasons - watching him is painful like Superman and Kryptonite.
That really sums up my thoughts on Lucas..

His presence is a constant reminder of our shitness over the last few years..

He has never been a true option, just some one to call up on when things have truly gone pear shaped. When managers systems don't work, failed signings or the squad is riddled with injuries... When that happens, its a slap in the face to remind you. Yup.. We are shit..

So whilst yes he has been a loyal servant to the club, (no one can deny that and I truly wish him all the best).. But him leaving is like a sign we are finally moving forward on to big and better things..

We had the best midfield in the world once.. Then we had Lucas.. That fucking hurts!!!!

I'm not his biggest fan, but for the sake of the fee being mentioned, I'd keep him as DM back up. He also played well at CB when he had to. Good to have a loyal and older head around all the youth too.

700412033.jpg
nwhfh5.jpg

You fools, I told you not to build up your hopes. I also told you to accept he'll be here for a helluva lot longer. Because I accepted the inevitable many moons ago I remain unruffled by our failure to offload him.

*curls up in corner of room............"Serenity Now, Serenity Now......"*

On the plus side, if the useless twat does end up staying, we probably won't have to watch him play very often, given he's about fifth choice at CM or CB.

Why don't you guys ease your pain on Lucas and think about Balotelli? Whats he on at the moment 85 -90k a week, this must be our top priority to sell this summer.

His Premiership starts in the last 4 years have been:

2012/13 - 24
2013/14 - 20
2014/15 - 16
2015/16 - 21

Sparingly is labouring the point, but it's pretty obvious he's not a nailed on starter, he never has been. Out of the last four seasons Premiership games, 152 matches, he's started exactly 81.

So shove your rubbish up your arse Pat.
Come on Mark, was he injury free in all of those 71 games he didn't start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom