• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Hoffenheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Bit early but fuck it.
Coutinho back in? Straight in the team or save for Arsenal?

I hope we can win this quick or we will be fucked for Sunday.
Arsenal have over a week to rest. We have 3 days.

Also anyone know if this will sell out or Tickets on the day? I might jib work early and drive up.

Two first half goals would be nice. Take of Manè and Salah ready for Arsenal.

Coutinho will make the bench at best. The Echo think he won't play till after the international break.

I'd drop Sturridge. He's a spent force.

Not sure about tickets from the club. It's reduced seating due to the higher advertising boards in Europe. Getting them through other channels shouldn't be an issue.

Couts won't play until the window is shut, if he is still here which is likely.

I thought it was sold out.

Ming

TAA
Matip
Lovern
Robertson

Milner
Can
Gini

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Karius
Sturridge
Solanke
Henderson
Klavern
Moreno
Origi

3-1 win

I'd be stunned if there were tickets? It's the CL.

Give Coutinho 20 mins at the end.

I think fatigue won't be an issue this early in the season but in the group stages we'll have to rotate.

Hopefully something like

Ming
TAA
Lovren
Matip
Robertson
Henderson
Gini
Coutinho
Mane
Salah
Firminio

It is certainly a crucial game for us. Two Points dropped against Arsenal can made up later in the season, but a failure here can not. Hoffenheim has no other options than og straight at us from the first og, try to get an early goal and then unsettle us. So we need to be well prepared and try benefit from them open up a little.

Not sure if same defence as for Palace (Maybe Lovren for Klavan) will give us better duell Power, at least in the air.

The midfield looked more balanced than earlier with Milner in there, but I would use Can instead of Gini. And then stick Salah in there ahead of Studge.

CL here we come!!! Fucking hope we Draw Barcefuckinglona!!

I'd keep Robertson fresh for the league, unless we're going with Milner against Arsenal.

----------------Ming-------------------
TAA---Matip-----Lovren---Moron
---------------Milner------------------
--------Can----------Grujic----------
--Salah----Solanke-----Kent----

I'd keep Robertson fresh for the league, unless we're going with Milner against Arsenal.

So we play a season decisive game, and you want to attack with none of the guys that normally leads the attack?

That team is just a catastrophic involvement from Lovren and/or Moreno on the way to 0-1 and from then the game is wide open. Then we have Grujic, Solanke, Kent and Salah to turn the ship for us. Will not, and rightly so, happen. It's CL and not League cup.

No firmino or mane in such a massive game are you nuts? This game is more important than the Arsenal game.

Yeah Mark I cant go with you on that one.
We need to play our strongest team and rest people if we are way ahead.
We need a goal or two

Yeah Mark I cant go with you on that one.
We need to play our strongest team and rest people if we are way ahead.
We need a goal or two

We need two at least I think. I start to know these guys. They think they are through.... That we don't have to win every fucking duell as well as pick up every fucking second ball. We will rather jog after than sprint ahead. I was actually impressed by the way City never gave any Everton player a split second peace on the ball as the game moved into final stages yesterday. That is were we have to be from start tomorrow, and I just don't see it happen.

Pearce has confirmed that coutinho won't be ready for this one and probably won't play until after the international break..

Ming
Trent Matip Lovren Robertson
Can Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

Karius Gomez Klavan Wijnaldum Grujic Solanke Sturridge

Uninspiring midfield but Wijnaldum can get to fuck and I wouldn't trust Grujic.
Do we have any wide options for our bench? Kent is going on loan, isn't he? Woodburn?

Ming
Trent Matip Lovren Robertson
Can Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

Karius Gomez Klavan Wijnaldum Grujic Solanke Sturridge

Uninspiring midfield but Wijnaldum can get to fuck and I wouldn't trust Grujic.
Do we have any wide options for our bench? Kent is going on loan, isn't he? Woodburn?

Both Milner and Firmino can take shifts out wide, so we have alternatives if needed.

Lets just batter them with our strongest team. Worry about who needs a rest once we are through.
Yep. CL is very important for us this season. Transfers before 1st Sept could depend on it.

We need to be visible in the CL and finish Top 4 in the PL so a very strong team and use our subs wisely if we are in a position to rest players in the 2nd half.

We're so early in the season that I believe we can go large in this and then the Arsenal game. Don't think about Arsenal until this game is won.

-------------Ming-------------
TAA--Matip--Lovren--Robertson
------------Hendo------------
-----Wijnaldum--Milner------
Salah---Firmino---Mane

Would like to see Milner in the middle to add a cool head.

...oh, "shifts". Had to look twice there.

On a more serious note, Firmino is poor out wide. Not a realistic option AFAIC.
Reminds me of s story my old man told me - he was quite deaf, and big into golf, so he used to watch it with subtitles. As the commentary was live, the subtitle "typist" had to work hard to keep up & sometimes made the odd mistake. So, one year, during the Open, he got this classic - "Colin Montgomery flights a wonderful shit, right into the middle of the green"

... which, in turn, reminds me of when I used to play golf at a smelly municipal course in Widnes ... but in that case the shit was literal

Reminds me of s story my old man told me - he was quite deaf, and big into golf, so he used to watch it with subtitles. As the commentary was live, the subtitle "typist" had to work hard to keep up & sometimes made the odd mistake. So, one year, during the Open, he got this classic - "Colin Montgomery flights a wonderful shit, right into the middle of the green"

... which, in turn, reminds me of when I used to play golf at a smelly municipal course in Widnes ... but in that case the shit was literal

Haha. But it is Colin afterall, so I don't doubt for a second that his shit is wonderful!!

Hahaha.

Many years ago a newspaper clipping containing the following was copied in "Private Eye":

"Dead-eye Stewart Fraser, playing for the League of Scotland against the League of Ireland, tried a sh!t from twenty yards which ended up out on the right wing."

St Michaels... Played there many times. A chemical plant next door, and on one of the holes on the back 9, there was a little stream of green sludge running through the fairway. Lovely place.

'Widnes' is a perfect name for Widnes.

It just *sounds* shit. And when you go there, it fits so well.

Whenever I hear 'Widnes', my mind instantly conjures up a monochrome image of a half-eaten pie that's been dropped into a puddle.

Nothing good or cool has ever happened or come from Widnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom