• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Everton - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe that fucking penalty. Insane

Maybe a European Super League would be the answer, no English refs.

Yup, and we're worried about losing gini? Meh.
Thiago - where was he?
Jones - where was he?
Shaq - where was he?
And yet, we started the game with Hendo at CB.

That's what I can't get over. We've got 3 fit CBs. 1 played a few games and did well enough to stay in the team and the other is used to playing the position, in England, having played more than 25 games in the Championship.
But we go with our driving force in midfield and a new to the league youngster who has come from the bottom team in Germany (recommended by the renowned defensive strategist Wagner it must be said) as our CB pairing.

Football is a simple game, we need to keep it simple.
We seem to have forgotten how to do that

if we're knackered, then switch things around.
bobby was starting games when he was 'knackered' and we had cover (jota!)
hendo started at cb, when we have two fresh CBs on the bench.
Understand you are disappointed as I am, but at least you are superior to Klopp, eh. Constant criticism of the best thing to happen to our club in a generation is shameful. And you are one of the better posters...

Yup, and we're worried about losing gini? Meh.
Thiago - where was he?
Jones - where was he?
Shaq - where was he?
And yet, we started the game with Hendo at CB.

I understand why you are upset but I don't understand why you are angry and indignant about selections in these circumstances.

We don't have the players to play our style, we don't have the time to work on a new one. We don't have an effective other choice, because we don't have a great striker, or a cb available.

This season was over some time before we all knew it.

Who cares. I'm already killing time through a shitty approximation of life, you think this is going to bother me? Just throw it on the pile.

4 defeats at home in a row and we scored, I think, 1 goal.

Playing midfielders in defence is weakening both the midfield and defence and clearly not working.
Losing all 4 players slated as centre defenders for the season is not generally a recipe for success.

I understand why you are upset but I don't understand why you are angry and indignant about selections in these circumstances.

We don't have the players to play our style, we don't have the time to work on a new one. We don't have an effective other choice, because we don't have a great striker, or a cb available.

If you're going to lose, you might as well play everyone in their natural positions then.

Understand you are disappointed as I am, but at least you are superior to Klopp, eh. Constant criticism of the best thing to happen to our club in a generation is shameful. And you are one of the better posters...

I criticize what I think is wrong.
I can be wrong, because I'm just a fan and clearly not privy to most of the stuff football managers are privy to.
I can also be right, and I don't see why Klopp can be free of criticism here.
The team came out FLAT in such an important game.
I'm very clear in this - I want Klopp here next year (would rather ship everyone out than him) but that doesn't make him free of criticism.
If he needs a break, I'd fully support him - the season is finished (we're not winning the CL).
He's probably the last manager I'll 'love' - because football is dying for me as I see what's happening to the game (Man City/PSG, VAR etc).

With Hendo injured and Klopp refusing to change tactics I think it may be time to take a break from football. I just want to get on a pitch myself... fuck covid. I lost my only healthy vice... the thing that reset me.

I wont take the break... but it'd be good for me.

Who cares. I'm already killing time through a shitty approximation of life, you think this is going to bother me? Just throw it on the pile.

Because I think we can compete more with our most imposing CM playing his position.
I'd be ok with Philips at CB because he's probably as good at Hendo in that position.

We could easily be smashed with a similar score to the Aston Villa game with this high line defence of Phillips and Kabak it is scary infront of forwards with pace any through ball and one on one with the keeper .

If you're going to lose, you might as well play everyone in their natural positions then.
So you decide you're going to lose? A manager with a great deal more insight than you is doing his best against near-impossible odds.

Most people here, are too limited to see that. Fickle as we criticise other supporters for being. The one thing worse than seeing us struggle against the huge odds this season has thrown at us - has been reading the crap on here.

"Most people are too limited. Fickle like other fans."

This team has lost 4 consecutive home games and not scored a single goal from open goal in the process but you know, it's you, the fans who are too stupid in your analysis to realise that this team is too tired. And how dare you fret like all other fans! Real Liverpool fans are exceptional, and would understand.

The only thing more laughable than our form is this risible drivel.

I'm taking a break from football. This is just wrecking the whole game
I've missed close to about 50% of our matches this season. More than I've ever missed in 20 years. Seriously, what's the joy in watching football like this?

Does the artificial crowd noise make you forget that players are playing in silent, empty stadiums week after week after week. If I watch us play these days, it's out of force of habit more than anything.

This is a meaningless season that should have the biggest fucking asterisk in the history of record books.

I've missed close to about 50% of our matches this season. More than I've ever missed in 20 years. Seriously, what's the joy in watching football like this?

Does the artificial crowd noise make you forget that players are playing in silent, empty stadiums week after week after week. If I watch us play these days, it's out of force of habit more than anything.

This is a meaningless season that should have the biggest fucking asterisk in the history of record books.

There is absolutly no joy in it these days, I agree. This seaon can finish tomorrow for all that I care.

Beaten us at Anfield? No they fucking haven't. They've just beaten us an empty training ground. Which is what all the matches are these days.

As if they'd beat us at a packed Anfield for another 20 years.

There is absolutly no joy in it these days, I agree. This seaon can finish tomorrow for all that I care.
I'll also confess that I got little joy about seeing us win the league the way we did. 30 years of a title ending without the trophy being lifted in front of raucous fans and without a parade seems spectacularly shit.

But it doesn't matter, because Klopp will win it again before he leaves.

I'll also confess that I got little joy about seeing us win the league the way we did. 30 years of a title ending without the trophy being lifted in front of raucous fans and without a parade seems spectacularly shit.

But it doesn't matter, because Klopp will win it again before he leaves.

I wouldn't hold your breath - not because he's not great, but I'm not sure we'll get the necessary investment to rebuild properly.

When I lost my mother at just about this time of year 8 years ago it took weeks for the first fog to lift and months to get fully functional again. The train crash this season has turned into would have been hard enough for Klopp to pull around even if he were at his best, and he's bound to be far from that. There may well be things he's got wrong, but you know what? Now more than ever we need to stand with him and the players. Let's remember the words of YNWA as well as the tune.

We don't need a massive rebuild.

Make me feel more optimistic - I'm all ears
My concern - we need a new CB as Gomez cannot be relied upon.
We need a replacement for Gini and a formation that can accommodate THiago (I don't see how the current one does).
We need a top #9 to replace Bobby who's just not good enough anymore.
We need 2-3 players to make our bench better.

Next season We should have a proper number 9 striker and maybe keep Bobby as a sub who comes on when we are 2 goals up to add numbers in defending the forward area before the ball reaches our half .

Klopp needs to change things dramatically to salvage anything from this season. At this stage surely he should look at formation change (at least to see if it makes any difference) and to drop players who aren't performing. If he keeps persisting with the same tactics and formation then i can't see it getting any better as the players who makes this system work so well aren't available (Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho and Henderson) and the replacements aren't capable it seems of making the system work, so try another one.
Every team that plays deep and on the counter attack cause us problems and that's not going to change whilst we're losing or drawing games against them.

Thiago really doesn't fit into our style of play at all and we've already had to switch his position because he could handle it but he's not showing any prowess in the new one either so either drop him or play a different way.
We won the champions league and the premier league playing in our current style but either other teams have figured it out or we don't have the personnel available to make it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom