• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Chelsea Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that struck me as very odd: according to Klopp, the ref ignored his first attempt to bring on Lallana and go to five at the back because 'he said he thought I was doing it to waste time'. That's ridiculous.

Going short to a full back is fine. Going short to a full back who posses a good range of passes is even better. Going short to a guy standing in a straight line with the penalty spot who himself can only pass it short and more often than not sideways is a recipe for disaster. As anyone who watched yesterday’s game will know.
Is Henderson costing us points, game after game, by receiving a short ball from the keeper? I think hat if anything he helps with ball retention most of the time. Him being thick at defending or wasting passes: that’s costing us.

One thing that struck me as very odd: according to Klopp, the ref ignored his first attempt to bring on Lallana and go to five at the back because 'he said he thought I was doing it to waste time'. That's ridiculous.
It's also bollocks because he had Milner, Moreno, Gomez, Matip and Klavan on the pitch and could have gone 5 at the back with them any time he wanted .... Lallana for Coutinho didn't change that.

Is Henderson costing us points, game after game, by receiving a short ball from the keeper? I think hat if anything he helps with ball retention most of the time. Him being thick at defending or wasting passes: that’s costing us.
It’s obviously not all on Henderson or indeed any one individual. But the scenario I’ve described is a weakness and we keep on playing to it...and that’s utter madness.

Klopp's just trying to mask the fact that he should have brought Mane on at least ten minutes earlier. Blaming the referee is pathetic. Even the Kop were urging him to bring Mane on by singing his name so why can the manager not see what the crowd clearly can. It might benefit Klopp to sit higher in the stands so he gets a better view of the pitch because the decisions he makes from the touchline are strange at times.

I thought Alex O had a very good game yesterday he's more intelligent than he looks and he does a lot of hard work in areas I didn't expect to see him in.

I thought Alex O had a very good game yesterday he's more intelligent than he looks and he does a lot of hard work in areas I didn't expect to see him in.
He's been largely excellent in all of his cameos and yesterday was head and shoulders above most of the team, Salah aside, in both an attacking and defensive sense. It was a superb touch too, and an instinctive move, to put Salah in. He's now definitely in contention for one of the starting slots. Heavy competition there now though with Lallana returning too.

Klopp's just trying to mask the fact that he should have brought Mane on at least ten minutes earlier. Blaming the referee is pathetic. Even the Kop were urging him to bring Mane on by singing his name so why can the manager not see what the crowd clearly can. It might benefit Klopp to sit higher in the stands so he gets a better view of the pitch because the decisions he makes from the touchline are strange at times.

Yes, but it's also bollocks if a ref interprets the intentions of a possible substitution. The ref generally had a very good game but that decision, if true, was completely out of order.

I wrote this poem about Jordan Henderson

2dd94b7d4eda1428f98268162659bdff--death-poem-captain-my-captain.jpg

This is what I've been seeing for the last 2-3 years. It's basically inconsistency and it became so apparent to me when he was moved to DM. I know there's others here who have had the same opinion about him, but the reason I've been the cunt harping about this over and over again is because I just couldnt get why no one else was seeing it. One of the first words I used to describe Henderson when he first joined, was that I thought he was a 'passenger' on the pitch. Sadly it hasn't changed. I don't believe the whole 'he's injured bit', he's just not good enough and he never was imo.

This is utter wank. He was good enough, he had a good few years of progression culminating in the season we finished 2nd, he then had an injury which threatened his career.

As ever, there are enough faults in the team to bang on about, but your monotony is focused on your primary hate. As I've said previously, Lallana is coming into the team now on the back of a lengthy spell out, so I eagerly await you jumping on his every performance now, telling everyone how terrible he "always was".

It baffling really, that our once great striker is getting away with it in your head, as is our Spanish (so obviously tippy tappy great) left back who has been notoriously more horendous than anyone, our joke of a goalkeeper and the likes of Gini and Can, the former who is the absolute epitome of the word "passenger".

Henderson is out of position and out of sorts, fine, we don't need to be reminded of it everytime you post. It's like when you tried to tell everyone that Carragher was "always shit", when he got a bit over the hill. Add rinse and repeat for Gerrard, Henderson and now Lallana probably.

Yet you championed that fucking gobshite Brazilian midfielder for what seemed like decades. Because he's Brazilian, probably.

How did Gomez do again yesterday? Do you not want to pick the bones out of yet another mistake ridden performance from him? No?

This is utter wank. He was good enough, he had a good few years of progression culminating in the season we finished 2nd, he then had an injury which threatened his career.

As ever, there are enough faults in the team to bang on about, but your monotony is focused on your primary hate. As I've said previously, Lallana is coming into the team now on the back of a lengthy spell out, so I eagerly await you jumping on his every performance now, telling everyone how terrible he "always was".

It baffling really, that our once great striker is getting away with it in your head, as is our Spanish (so obviously tippy tappy great) left back who has been notoriously more horendous than anyone, our joke of a goalkeeper and the likes of Gini and Can, the former who is the absolute epitome of the word "passenger".

Henderson is out of position and out of sorts, fine, we don't need to be reminded of it everytime you post. It's like when you tried to tell everyone that Carragher was "always shit", when he got a bit over the hill. Add rinse and repeat for Gerrard, Henderson and now Lallana probably.

Yet you championed that fucking gobshite Brazilian midfielder for what seem like decades. Because he's Brazilian, probably.

How did Gomez do again yesterday? Do you not want to pick the bones out of yet another mistake ridden performance from him? No?
Well that's your opinion. I think he was wank, and most of you except Rurik is noticing it now, because it's blatantly obvious. Someone posted a stat on twitter that also showed that we concede a lot more goals with Henderson on the pitch than with Lucas or Can at DM.
Don't make this about him being English hes just shit.

Well that's your opinion. I think he was wank, and most of you except Rurik is noticing it now, because it's blatantly obvious. Someone posted a stat on twitter that also showed that we concede a lot more goals with Henderson on the pitch than with Lucas or Can at DM.
Don't make this about him being English hes just shit.

No one is "noticing it now" you fucking idiot, he's underperforming now, that doesn't mean he always was. Are you seriously this fucking myopic?

No one is "noticing it now" you fucking idiot, he's underperforming now, that doesn't mean he always was. Are you seriously this fucking myopic?
Wow. It really bothers you that I was right about him. Let it go.

Wow. It really bothers you that I was right about him. Let it go.

Like I and others have said a million times on here, it's posts like this that expose you as an obvious wind up merchant. How you're still here I don't know, you're a joke of a poster who offers nothing to the forum, other than derailing every match thread.

He had a few good games a few years ago, granted.

He's not shit shit shit. He's average. We're Liverpool. By the standards of midfielders and captains that I've known and loved, he's fucking shite.

I thought Gomez was pretty solid Mark - he's going to be a good one.

Lucas was the greatest player we've ever had - an amazing DM who's dominating serie A now and we'd be in 1st place if we had kept him. Horrific mistake by Klopp

He had a few good games a few years ago, granted.

He's not shit shit shit. He's average. We're Liverpool. By the standards of midfielders and captains that I've known and loved, he's fucking shite.

Yeah, I'll take that, even by recent standards with the likes of Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano. That midfield deserved to win the title, and only a United side with a front three of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez stopped it from doing so. We'd be brilliant with just one of them and a Sami right now.

Lucas was the greatest player we've ever had - an amazing DM who's dominating serie A now and we'd be in 1st place if we had kept him. Horrific mistake by Klopp

He made errors again, but I am a huge fan, he's got alot of potential and he's gradually becoming more consistent and dominant.

I mean compare Henderson to Souness, Gerrard, Hyypia, Alonso, Hansen. Previous midfielders or captains, in some case both.

There isn't a comparative term that works. And as an adjective, compared to them, shite doesn't do him justice.

I mean compare Henderson to Souness, Gerrard, Hyypia, Alonso, Hansen. Previous midfielders or captains, in some case both.

There isn't a comparative term that works. And as an adjective, compared to them, shite doesn't do him justice.

He earned that captaincy for the right reasons at the time, he was performing well and he was very grounded and vocal off the pitch, especially infront of the media. But yeah, he's no driving force or instructor on the pitch, there's no kind of obvious respect in terms of players looking to him for guidance or inspiration. And he doesn't have a particular ourstanding quality that can single handedly win us games, which would make him an otherwise obvious captain.

There aren't many (any?) players in the team that tick any of those boxes. Maybe Coutinho and that's only because he's usually the catalyst for good performances.

He pulled out of a 50/50 at 1 0, just outside our box , which is not like him. Not good, I think he's still covering up an injury.

It was a mistake by Klopp to not replace Lucas and if you've followed the Italian league Lucas has been a revelation for Lazio this season and has even done better than Biglia did in the same position last season. That's not my opinion, that's their fans and the media's opinion.
But yes Lucas would have done a whole lot better than Henderson has.

He earned that captaincy for the right reasons at the time, he was performing well and he was very grounded and vocal off the pitch, especially infront of the media. But yeah, he's no driving force or instructor on the pitch, there's no kind of obvious respect in terms of players looking to him for guidance or inspiration. And he doesn't have a particular ourstanding quality that can single handedly win us games, which would make him an otherwise obvious captain.

There aren't many (any?) players in the team that tick any of those boxes. Maybe Coutinho and that's only because he's usually the catalyst for good performances.

We just don't have a captain any more. The only choice is Milner, maybe Klopp is scared of pissing Henderson off. Which would again be a new low.

It was a mistake by Klopp to not replace Lucas and if you've followed the Italian league Lucas has been a revelation for Lazio this season and has even done better than Biglia did in the same position last season. That's not my opinion, that's their fans and the media's opinion.
But yes Lucas would have done a whole lot better than Henderson has.

Italian footy is slow and shit, so that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom