• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we saw a return to the 4-3-3 Gengen-pressing.

I hope we continue this going forward.

The patient slow football earlier on in the season was to save our legs for this point of the season.

Now we have a game a week, I don't see a reason why we can't gengenpress again.

Mind you, against United (and Rashford vs Matip), I can imagine us taking the slow controlled approach.

He obviously gave me very detailed, simple instructions (ie a link) but it was like being in the fucking Matrix!

I was on my phone, then I pressed something, and waited, and then I was like in an American TV commentary of our game! Is right

The patient slow football earlier on in the season was to save our legs for this point of the season.

Mind you, against United (and Rashford vs Matip), I can imagine us taking the slow controlled approach.

I think we’ll press the fuck out of Matic, Jones, Smalling, Herrera

I think it's the opposite – we'll go full gegenpressing on their arse. Milner or Hendo will start in place of Keita for that purpose.

Could have been 7-0
Salah woodwork, Firmino and TAA one on one and Mane header
Good to have the nerves settled

Keita's pass to Frim was best bit of play today. I was in row 8 of the kop, so you don't get to see much of the play compared to my usual seat, but it was perfect for that pass.

He was defo better than he has been and that was top class. Still not quite up to speed but improving, long may it continue

Last edited:
He consistently seems to allow people to run behind him. Often fails to track back and if he does usually just runs a few feet behind the opposition player. I think his positioning is not that of a top midfielder.

But he was great in attack today and didn’t play badly at all so credit where it’s due. Hopefully the defensive part of his game can be improved through coaching though I think his frequent absence from the team suggests the coaches are finding this a challenge.

Yeah, I think it can and will be improved with coaching. Fabinho also lost his position time and time again at first, but lately he's been spot-on in this. This is the biggest challenge of playing in midfield, figuring out when to gamble with tackling or pressing and when to hold position and it takes trial and error to get the balance right. I don't think Keita is a hopeless defender by any means.

Keita's pass to Frim was best bit of play today. I was in row 8 of the kop, so you don't get to see much of the play compared to my usual seat, but it was perfect for that pass.

He was defo better than he has been and that was top class. Still not quite up to speed but improving, long my it continue

That, and Gini's lob over Begovic standing almost on his goal line.

Well I think that pretty much proves that him and Salah are two of the best defensive players at the club.
Ha. You may jest, but I'd bet Salah is very often on that list, cos he defends from the front so often, he's constantly tracking back to win the ball.

Ha. You may jest, but I'd bet Salah is very often on that list, cos he defends from the front so often, he's constantly tracking back to win the ball.

I think it's just his acceleration is insane, so he is first to every loose ball. Messi also recovers a lot of balls in the attacking third due to this.

Yeah, I think it can and will be improved with coaching. Fabinho also lost his position time and time again at first, but lately he's been spot-on in this. This is the biggest challenge of playing in midfield, figuring out when to gamble with tackling or pressing and when to hold position and it takes trial and error to get the balance right. I don't think Keita is a hopeless defender by any means.

Yes. Let’s hope you’re right.

Far from it in fact. Based on what I saw of him in the Bundesliga I was looking forward at least as much to the defensive stiffening he'd bring to our midfield as I was to the more attacking side of his skillset. I'd even suspect Klopp might have been rather less interested in signing him had he not had that kind of all-round game.

Great performance. Keita fantastic which was nice to see. Long may it continue

Kjetil Jansrud won world Championship today and took time to mention he was happy with the 3-0 victory when inteviewed later the evening. Good man Kjetil.

I doubt we’ll have many (if any) Saturday 3pm kick offs between now and the end of the season.

We’ve got a noon kick off on Sunday 10 March. Worst kick off time imaginable.

Yeah, pisser that. Spionkop did a great job though, from roping it tonnes of fans to bear flags & banners to urging fans not to be so hasty in expressing nerves etc cos it translates to the players on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom