• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Goal Scoring Table 2023/24

I'm not discounting them - I'm saying they are nowhere near as good as previous versions over the past 5 seasons and all this talk of them being capable of reeling off 15 straight wins is based on historical data (which they achieved once with a team / squad loaded with class players).
I don't believe this team is anywhere near that standard (a simple look at their lack of squad depth and current first team speaks volumes) and certainly not capable of that.
It may not be necessary to win the title but it's going to be a much tighter league this season.

They've had slow autumns before. They've had benches filled with kids I've never heard of before.

You very well might be correct that this is the start of a (temporary) decline. But I wouldn't be making the error of writing them off just yet.

Nothing temporary about their decline - they’ll be playing in the conference in 18 months time when they’re fined a gazillion points.

Some people just love nothing better than to find something to criticise.

When it’s only the front 3 scoring, it’s why aren’t the midfield chipping in. When the goals are shared around the team, it’s why aren’t the forwards scoring more. Mo has been our top goalscorer for the last 7 years straight….this season is no different.

Top of the table, 2nd most goals scored. End of debate.

I find this link pretty comprehensive - but it's for all competitions: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/liverpool/top-scorers

Dated 30 Oct 2023:
untitled-jpg.3029

11 games (in all competitions later:

123.jpg

Fair enough Stuttgart, fair enough. A front 3 which cost what? About 50 quid and a KFC bucket.

Also Leipzig pulled a blinder with Openda, seriously good player. Could've got him instead of Gakpo.

Never understood people who wanted to sell Kostas, couldn’t think of anyone better as a back up to Robbo. 15 assists now for the club.

Never understood people who wanted to sell Kostas, couldn’t think of anyone better as a back up to Robbo. 15 assists now for the club.

You know why.

Some people need their shiny new bauble signings every year so we have to keep selling players to fulfil their fantasies.

Nunez quietly shutting all the doubters up week after week.

16 goals and 11 assists is a great return considering injury and the fact he wasn’t a starter for a decent portion of games.

Hopefully he gets to 20 goals.

Back
Top Bottom