• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool B (So'ton) vs Liverpool A Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and @Kay Age El, sorry mate.
Højbjerg is horrendously shite.
Ha ha Hansern you really should know better.. remember the last player we had an argue about in 21-year-old Andreas Christensen?

Well, you called him out as bang average and unimpressive and yet, only two months later in his first season in the Prem his injury is the main reason, according to Conte at least, why Chelsea are suddenly shipping goals. He's their steady ship in defence and their most important defender already, their manager claim. This is the Premiership champions we are talking about mind you.. some feat for a "bang average central defender" eh?

All it would take is a few good months for Højbjerg and he could be on everyone's lips as he oozes potential and got some pretty rare qualities, and to be absolutely honest with you when/if he comes good I am going to use your "horrendously shite" comment against you.. A LOT.

:D

He's 23 though, which is a baby for a CB. I haven't seen as much as you, but I think his raw attributes are excellent. Height, pace, good on the ball.
He's still young, but his technical ability/flair would be a real worry for me if he was ever going to be playing for us. At least from what I have seen so far.

I watched the game with a mate who is a Saints fan. Pre game he was giving the usual 'watching my old boys' chat with attempts at slating Karius and and VVD thrown in too. What a good result. Those saves will have done [hl]#LK1[/hl] some great confidence - I don't think he had a choice in saving the first one, it was hit at his body - but it was also very similar to Son's chance for Spurs so another one to put in the bank. A great save from JWP's header though and his quick distribution led to the first goal.

I thought Mane looked a bit more threatening, he had some good chances - I think it'll all click for him in a game soon and he'll get a goal or two and be back to full speed. There should be no denying that his presence in the front line is leading to the chances that Bobby & Salah are getting too.

I thought Can & Gini were good in CM today. Can looking better as the months go on now that he knows he is consistently being deployed as the deep lying CM.

Please don't ever do that again.

I think Pelligrino is making a mess of things there in truth. I was delighted he left Steve Davis yesterday (until the last ten minutes), because frankly, he is the pick of their midfielders. It makes no sense. They had a steeliness under Koeman and Puel that has all but drained away.

Can I say, despite the fact that he made a few blunders and was put under serious pressure by Salah and Firmino, I think there is a player in Hoedt.
What did you expect? It's Pellebastard

He's 23 though, which is a baby for a CB. I haven't seen as much as you, but I think his raw attributes are excellent. Height, pace, good on the ball.

I liked it when he hoofed it fifty yards into the opposite stand because it was by far the safest thing to do. I haven't seen any of our defenders do that for far too long, and is probably one of the things that we coach out of them on arrival, thus making them worse

Ha ha Hansern you really should know better.. remember the last player we had an argue about in 21-year-old Andreas Christensen?

Well, you called him out as bang average and unimpressive and yet, only two months later in his first season in the Prem his injury is the main reason, according to Conte at least, why Chelsea are suddenly shipping goals. He's their steady ship in defence and their most important defender already, their manager claim. This is the Premiership champions we are talking about mind you.. some feat for a "bang average central defender" eh?

All it would take is a few good months for Højbjerg and he could be on everyone's lips as he oozes potential and got some pretty rare qualities, and to be absolutely honest with you when/if he comes good I am going to use your "horrendously shite" comment against you.. A LOT.

1-7 in 2 games against poor opposition without him says something. Good player.

He looked sluggish, out of shape, made poor decisions and misplaced a lot of passes. He's been at the club for more than 18 months now?
Should have developed far more already.

I made my comment about Christensen after having seen him just briefly and he has certainly adapted well to the league. Very good player.
Højbjerg doesnt look to have the same suitability to the league?

He looked sluggish, out of shape, made poor decisions and misplaced a lot of passes. He's been at the club for more than 18 months now?
Should have developed far more already.

I made my comment about Christensen after having seen him just briefly and he has certainly adapted well to the league. Very good player.
Højbjerg doesnt look to have the same suitability to the league?
He has not developed as nicely as I would've thought no doubt about that. I still believe the league will suit him no end but of course the more time passes by without him making a real impact the less certain I become.

Without knowing if you are only basing your comments on last nights game alone (seen him briefly as with AC) or whether you have seen more of him, he's certainly won a lot of Soton fans hearts these past few months with some rather commanding midfield displays and some fine attitude to boot. Pelle hasn't made life easier for him by constantly moving him around but for the time being I guess he's alright with that as he gets games now and the manager finds a way to shoe-horn him in.

He's still got time on his side I believe, but he needs to step up within a year or two and become one of their best players, if my predictions for him are going to hold water.

He has not developed as nicely as I would've thought no doubt about that. I still believe the league will suit him no end but of course the more time passes by without him making a real impact the less certain I become.

Without knowing if you are only basing your comments on last nights game alone (seen him briefly as with AC) or whether you have seen more of him, he's certainly won a lot of Soton fans hearts these past few months with some rather commanding midfield displays and some fine attitude to boot. Pelle hasn't made life easier for him by constantly moving him around but for the time being I guess he's alright with that as he gets games now and the manager finds a way to shoe-horn him in.

He's still got time on his side I believe, but he needs to step up within a year or two and become one of their best players, if my predictions for him are going to hold water.

To be honest, the stand out player for Soton for me at the moment is Ward-Prowse. Looks a very good footballer.

I like Van Dijk.. Great signing

He has that 'cunt' element about him we were clearly lacking in our side

To be honest, the stand out player for Soton for me at the moment is Ward-Prowse. Looks a very good footballer.

He's a good footballer in some ways: decent technique, excellent delivery from dead balls, good passer.

But he's severely lacking in many of the other, more basic physical attributes: he's slow as fuck, can't tackle, couldn't punch a hole in a wet Echo, doesn't score goals and has no left foot.

Great win at a ground where we always seem to struggle except for one memorable league cup night, when we won 6-1.

I can't quite put my finger on the reason but I look at every one of our team sheets before a game, compare it to the other side and find myself fearing the worst. It starts with the keeper and although it's way better now that Mignolet has finally been ditched, there are lingering doubts about Karius. Then the 2 full backs, one is a kid who is very raw in defensive situations and the other a cut-price buy from a relegated club, most of our centrebacks are error-ridden, our midfield is meh etc.

We only seem to have star quality in Virgil, Firmino & Salah, with Mane still in credit despite poor form. How the fuck are we running 3rd in the League and chasing the mega-riches of ManU and ahead of last year's runaway champions? On paper, Spurs & Arsenal look way better than us and we are the ones who have just sold our best player without bothering to bring in a replacement.

Klopp is an amazing manager of course but maybe some of our players are better than we think?

He's a good footballer in some ways: decent technique, excellent delivery from dead balls, good passer.

But he's severely lacking in many of the other, more basic physical attributes: he's slow as fuck, can't tackle, couldn't punch a hole in a wet Echo, doesn't score goals and has no left foot.
He sounds shit.

I've been very much advocating Bertrand for a long time now, and still do, but Lamina for me is their stand out player for the moment. His close control and skills are outstanding, I even think I'd prefer him to Mahrez. Almost, at least.

Ward-Prowse is a decent player with good potential I am just not sure he'll ever be much more than that mind. Decent.

Yeah but he still look shite now :)

Ward-Prowse is a decent player with good potential I am just not sure he'll ever be much more than that mind. Decent.
Ward-Prowse has had potential for a few seasons now, it's beginning to look like he's not going to take the next step up.

A shit version of Beckham, basically.

If Soton go down, I wonder if we'll be in for any of their players again.

I wouldn't mind Bertrand or Romeu (if Can leaves) from them.

I really REALLY want southampton to get relegated. Fucking hate the cunts. They think they are so much better than they really are Couldn't believe they sacked Puel after the season they had.

I really REALLY want southampton to get relegated. Fucking hate the cunts. They think they are so much better than they really are Couldn't believe they sacked Puel after the season they had.
What I don't get is why they hate us so much given the fact we've bankrolled them for the last few years. We've paid them top fees. It's not like they've given us any player for cheap.

It's funny. The one year they got ideas above their station and decided not to sell us and reinvest the money early, is the one year they're in a relegation fight.

Perhaps this is the arrogance in me speaking, but I reckon if they didn't have the VVD cloud hanging over them in the summer, and decided against making a political statement in holding on to him against his will, they'd be in a better position and have better, more settled squad now.

C'est la vie.

I actually don't give a fuck about them either way tbh.

They're not even remotely on the same level as us, & I don't give a shit about them whether they think they're our rivals or not, because they really aren't.

What I don't get is why they hate us so much given the fact we've bankrolled them for the last few years.

The one year they got ideas above their station and decided not to sell us and reinvest the money early, is the one year they're in a relegation fight.

Perhaps this is the arrogance in me speaking, but I reckon if they didn't have the VVD cloud hanging over them in the summer, and decided against making a political statement in holding on to him against his will, they'd be in a better position and have better, more settled squad now.

C'est la vie.
Plenty of our fans hate Barca despite the situation being almost the same.

We unsettle their players & try to prise them away from their club, then pay a whacking great amount of cash to get them.

Plenty of our fans hate Barca despite the situation being almost the same.

We unsettle their players & try to prise them away from their club, then pay a whacking great amount of cash to get them.

It's a similar situation, but not the same.***

Barcelona got Mascherano on the cheap.

And i'd argue we got underpaid for Suarez too.

Coutinho, we got paid very well for. It was just the timing that stunk.

They also have a campaign for getting said players from teams, where their entire squad come out and talk about their "admiration" for that player. They tap up players very publically. (and not just our players; Dembele too at Dortmund).

We made a huge publicity error on VVD, where the papers leaked our supposed agreement. But besides that one, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert, Mane, Lovren were all conducted privately (I seem to remember; not sure on Lovren, but I can't remember too much of a fuss).

***Caveat everything I've said with the fact that i'm a biased fan.

It's a similar situation, but not the same.***

Barcelona got Mascherano on the cheap.

And i'd argue we got underpaid for Suarez too.

Coutinho, we got paid very well for. It was just the timing that stunk.

They also have a campaign for getting said players from teams, where their entire squad come out and talk about their "admiration" for that player. They tap up players very publically. (and not just our players; Dembele too at Dortmund).

We made a huge publicity error on VVD, where the papers leaked our supposed agreement. But besides that one, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert, Mane, Lovren were all conducted privately (I seem to remember; not sure on Lovren, but I can't remember too much of a fuss).

***Caveat everything I've said with the fact that i'm a biased fan.

There was long, loud and protracted transfer chase of both Lovren and Lallana, with multiple bids and both players said they wanted to leave, in Lovren's case that also involved an official transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom