• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

As I suspected, Ramsey is going on loan to the Championship. The only sensible decision IMO - he will need lots of regular playing time after missing almost a whole year of his development with injuries.

[article]Preston North End are delighted to confirm Calvin Ramsay will join the club on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The right-sided defender came through the ranks at Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen and went on to join the Reds in June 2022.

Ramsay – a Scotland international – becomes North End’s first new arrival of the summer and will officially join the club on 15th July 2023.

Calvin said: “I’m delighted to join Preston North End. The Championship is a top league as everyone knows and the main thing for me is trying to get game time, and I’m going to be able to do that at a good club. I can’t wait to get started.

“I’m happy to be getting the opportunity to get regular game time in a good league, which is important for me. I just need to work hard and try to play as many games as I can.

“There were quite a few clubs interested, but when I spoke to the manager (Ryan Lowe), everything that he said was spot on. The way the team plays, they like to play attacking football, keep the ball and get forward.

"I think that suits my game because I can score and assist goals, and I like getting at people. Ultimately Preston suited me the best."

The 19-year-old made his senior bow for Aberdeen in March 2021 and went on to make 39 appearances for the Dons.

Ramsay was named as the Young Player of the Year by the Scottish Football Writers’ Association for the 2021/22 campaign – his first full season in professional football.

He then signed a long-term deal with Premier League side Liverpool in June 2022 and has since featured twice for the Merseyside club, including an appearance in the Champions League.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m really pleased we’ve managed to get Calvin through the door on a season-long loan.

“He fills a position we’ve been looking to fill for a while as it gives us good competition down that right-hand side where Brad Potts has obviously been fantastic.

“It gives us options now, too. We’ve got a right back in the building as well as someone who can play right wing back.

“He’s energetic, he’s dynamic, and he can get himself up and down the pitch.

“Liverpool obviously invested a lot of money in him after he came through at Aberdeen so we know the quality he’s got.”[/article]

Last edited:
Does that mean we are in market for a RB now?
You’d like to think so but probably not, we’ll move Gomez as understudy and maybe sign another CB.

Bradley I can see getting another loan, as well as a few other kids that it’d make sense loaning out….perhaps Carvalho Doak and whoever is next in line to make it….Gordon?

Sounds like a sensible move all round.

Although Preston has to be one the 5 dreariest places in the UK.

[article]Crewe Alexandra have completed the loan signing of highly-rated Liverpool keeper Harvey Davies.

The 19-year-old, an England Under-20 international, has penned a season-long deal at Mornflake Stadium.

Davies, who stands at 6ft 3ins tall, joined the Anfield club at Under-9 level and now regularly trains with the first team.

He has represented Liverpool in the EFL Trophy and has been named on the bench by Jurgen Klopp for Champions League fixtures.

Davies will link up with his new teammates when they return to full training on June 26.

Everybody at Crewe Alexandra would like to welcome Harvey, and wish him all the very best for the season.[/article]

Got to be make or break for Rhys Williams this season. 22 and hasn't been able to make a loan move work yet.

Clearly not going to make the grade at the top level but needs to show he can play to get a decent move after his time at Liverpool is done.

I’m sure he’ll end up as a decent league 1 if not championship defender with the view later down the line to end up back in the Prem. There are plenty of English guys that stay at lower level they’re 25/26 and and up at a Prem club. I’m thinking Alfie Mawson type.

Let’s hope he has a monster season in Germany, then we’ll be in a good position whether we decide to reintegrate or sell.

We'll 100% sell. I can't see him working his way back in to the team as he's not the type of player klopp likes

I want that shirt so bad.

If anyone has one in size L, I'd be willing to offer you a dominoes voucher, exactly 47p and a blowjob at a place and time of your choosing.

Bit of a shame these academy prospects, I say prospects but they're 20/21 now can only make it in a league like the SPL.

First Woodburn, then Clarkson, then Rhys and now Beck.

That's when you know your time at LFC is up.

Mainz is managed by Bo Svensson - very good manager to develop under (http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/interesting-head-coaches-managers.197466/#post-2216957)

[article]1. FSV Mainz 05 have secured the services of Sepp van den Berg for the upcoming season. The Netherlands U21 international joins on loan from Liverpool. Despite being only 21 years old, van den Berg has already picked up plenty of experience at the highest level, playing for FC Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga, as well as 66 competitive games in the EFL Championship, EFL Cup and FA Cup for Preston North End. Van den Berg made his debut for PEC Zwolle as a 17-year-old, having come through their academy, before subsequently moving to Liverpool. Van den Berg will initially join the Zerofivers for the 2023/24 season. There is the possibility that his stay at Mainz will be over a longer period of time, the basis for this will remain undisclosed by both clubs.

Zerofivers sporting director Martin Schmidt: "We have been in close communication with Sepp since the end of the season. He was quickly convinced of our project here at Mainz 05 and made us aware of this early on. What followed was intense conversations and negotiations with officials at Liverpool – so it's even nicer that Sepp is now here at Mainz 05 to take this next step in his career."

"Sepp is a young, unbelievably talented centre-back, who already possesses a lot of good qualities: He has good technique, reading of the game, physicality and mentality. We had some really good conversations and quickly had the feeling from both sides that it would be a good fit. Together, we want to help Sepp take his game to another level and make him even better, so that his potential can continue to develop even further," said head coach Bo Svensson.

Sepp van den Berg: "I had conversations with Mainz 05 and especially with Bo Svensson early on, and I really like the way that he sees football and wants to play football here. Before I came here, I obviously also spoke with Jürgen Klopp – he waxed lyrical about Mainz and said that I would feel completely at home here. I have been to the stadium before, know the fans and am looking forward to achieving something together with the team."[/article]

Last edited:
If he developed even a small amount every time we loaned him out he'd be the best player in the world by now.

I suppose it makes a difference to waiting until he’s 23 that signing him for gazillions.

Ramsey - Preston

356260231_10221141007906335_5902053729398459636_n.jpg

I think we could probably bring Arroyo in now under the new visa rules. If we're not doing that then I guess we think he's not good enough for us to use up one of our "free hit" spots, so he's just at Andorra in the hope someone will snap him up.
If we won't bring him into the UK then we probably need to find him somewhere that will pay wages equal to what we've promised (which we may be subsidising) as we wouldn't legally be able to pay him if he didn't have a work permit.

Back
Top Bottom