• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll League or CL

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which would you pick

• Liverpool win the league and lost the CL final to City

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • City win the league and lose the CL final to Liverpool

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure we’ve done this before. Anyone who isn’t a crazy bastard picked the league.

Current heavyweights of English football, Manchester City’s European pedigree is restricted to winning the UEFA Cup Winners Cup of 1970. City beat Polish side Gornik Zabrze in the final in Vienna with goals from Neil Young and future club chairman Francis Lee.
But decline would soon follow and the English side would not compete in Europe for 24 years starting from the mid-seventies. Even when oil money transformed City into one of the best clubs in England, their UEFA Champions League expeditions were always brief, getting eliminated in the group stages or the first knock-out round.

Let me be that crazy bastard, can't bear to see them win the quadruple.

Last edited:
That period between 9th and 24th April City now have
Spurs h
Palace a
Spurs h
Spurs a
United a

Plus if they beat Swansea tomorrow they have the fa cup tie in there aswell.

Spurs have to win the league game for top 4 and HAVE to win the cup games for a chance of a trophy. United will be hell bent on stopping them ans palace away is always a tough game.

I said weeks ago that was our window. I think Spurs being their champions league opponents will crank it up a notch.

Thats our window. Thats where they drop league points. We need to not.

Spurs h
Palace a
Spurs h
Spurs a
United a

Spurs have to win the league game for top 4 and HAVE to win the cup games for a chance of a trophy. United will be hell bent on stopping them ans palace away is always a tough game.

I said weeks ago that was our window. I think Spurs being their champions league opponents will crank it up a notch.

There are few more dependencies.

Brighton need to beat Millwall in the FA Cup, otherwise their fixture with City gets moved forward in place of Palace (whose fixture with City gets moved to after United).

Also, if we beat Spurs after the international break, it'll only make their need to beat City in the league even greater.

Spurs h
Palace a
Spurs h
Spurs a
United a

We have Fulham, Tottenham and A v Southampton before that. Drop points and the window is broken. Edit - I see that's what your last sentence was saying anyway.

Spurs h
Palace a
Spurs h
Spurs a
United a

City are going to crack. I can sense it.

You already know the answer to this... 99% of us want the league, and would sacrifice all but our children to win it.

Can someone work out the odds for losing in the final of the champions league and finishing second in the league on the last day of the season so Dreamy knows how much he will make on his cashout the fucking quim.

Troll :D

You already know the answer to this... 99% of us want the league, and would sacrifice all but our children to win it.

Indeed just would be fuckin disgusting to then have city saying shit like ‘we don’t care have the league for one season you fluky bastards, we’ve won the CL!’

Indeed just would be fuckin disgusting to then have city saying shit like ‘we don’t care have the league for one season you fluky bastards, we’ve won the CL!’

Fuck 'em if they do... Nobody flukes the league. We're proof that you can fluke the European Cup, but you cannot fluke a league title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom