1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Lallana

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by bluebell, Jun 9, 2019.

1. bluebell

bluebell Very Active Member

Article:

Speaking to reporters, Lallana said: “I’ve got a year left on my contract. I’ll be back, I’ll be training through the summer.

“I am as eager as ever to get fit because I know when I’m fit I’ve got a lot to give and I can get in this team.”

When pushed on his future and whether it remains at his current employers, Lallana ensured Reds fans and dampened rumours of a departure by confirming he intends to stick around at Anfield.

He continued: “Yeah. Absolutely no question about it. I couldn’t be happier here, winning Champions Leagues.

“I know my ability and I know what I can give. And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next, so I’m buzzing with that.

“No question my future is here and I can’t wait for what’s next.”

Can't say I blame him, his resale value I would imagine being no more that of £5m, let's see what he adds.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

Let's see what he adds? I think we've seen what he adds.

3. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

Yeah we've seen him play well and struggle with injuries, we've seem him stay under a manager who has a good track record with players.

When are you gonna give this shite up Modo? I'm surprised you didn't fucking top yourself when Henderson lifted number 6 last week.

4. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

Yay! When did the sig go?

Please don't replace with something to the tune of "Bananas in pyjamas"

5. Modo

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you about this. If you want a high earning, under performing, injury prone Lallana taking a spot in the team ahead of some younger talent or a better player that could help improve us, sure.

I think I speak for most here when I say that we've seen what Lallana offers.

This isn't a Hendo thread either.

Esoteric and moron like this.
  6. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Very Active Member

We won the CL only slightly over a week ago. You were there too weren’t you ? I remember all of us being ecstatic, including you.

Please, go enjoy your summer.

7. Modo

It's gone because I got what I ultimately wanted, Fabinho at DM and Henderson is playing well at CM. Everyone's happy

moron and HC like this.
  8. Modo

This is ultimately about improving the squad, just like people are talking about replacing Moreno, Lovren etc in other threads. Still ecstatic about winning the CL but we can also talk transfers right?

Lallana had nothing to do with it.

9. hmmmmm1

hmmmmm1 Very Active Member

He needs a run of games to establish himself back but he won’t get that here and is behind the ox. If we get double figures for him then we should cash in

10. Hyena

Hyena Well-Known Member

"And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what’s to come next,"

is it me or does this sound like "I know I'm a backup and I'm cool with it. I'll be a cool mentor to the kids..."

SummerOnions likes this.
  11. dantes

dantes Well-Known Member

Cool mentor is putting it mildly.

[​IMG]

Esoteric likes this.
  12. KopRed

KopRed Very Active Member

Even when fit, he needs at least 3 to 5 game to get "up to speed" to contribute. But he breaks down every other week so I don't see the point of him.

Insignificance likes this.
  13. SummerOnions

SummerOnions Let's Push Things Forward Member

Rather have Lallana in the squad as backup contributing to squad harmony than someone else to make up the numbers tbh. I don't think we can discount how happy the squad is with the likes of him and Lovren in it

14. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Shame. Was hoping we’d off load him and bring through some youth or sign another player to challenge the current lot.

He’s not worth his place for what he offers with his injuries.

Can’t blame him mind. I wouldn’t want to leave either.

15. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I don't see the here in Lallana. We've got Shaqiri, Chamberlain and Keita to be the creative player in the middle, and Lallana is too slow to be played wide.

16. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

We can't afford someone to be in to be a cheerleader. If he doesn't go,n one wants to pay.

There are still flaws in our squad and in our first team in certain games.

refugee likes this.
  17. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

We'd struggle to find anyone to take him on the wages he's on, so he'd go for next to the nothing, & according to people close to the club he & sturridge are two of the most influential players in the dressing room in terms of morale etc. Whilst that alone doesn't mean we should keep him, I'd be surprised if it weren't a factor.

He's also one of those players who klopp seems to just have a thing for. All managers have a player or two they favour whenever possible, despite all signs being they shouldn't play, & Lallana certainly seems to be Klopp's.

Insignificance likes this.
  18. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

You've "seen" what you've chosen to see about Lallana from the moment he arrived, regardless of how he's actually performed. Fortunately for LFC the manager isn't in the grip of your brand of mindless vendetta about him. If we keep him and if he's selected there'll be a reason for it.

And that last sentence is rich coming from someone who's stunk out countless threads by regurgitating his personal obsessions, of which this is just one.

19. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I think that certainly was the case, especially when Klopp first joined. Lallana was one of his disciples and the stamina and will to showcase to other players what Klopp expected on the pitch, but I just think we've moved on from that now. Lallana needs 3/4 games into form and then he just breaks down again and again. We've already taken a risk with the Ox's injury record and having two injury prone AM's on high wages just seems a bit needless. I'm hoping Southampton come in for him and we can put the money to better use.

20. FreshRed

FreshRed Very Active Member

I could see Lallana being used especially in Cup games to provide senior leadership and ball control with younger players coming in. He could be useful in sparing the key players in early rounds.

He also would provide injury cover when Klopp wants us press high.

While he is on a “big” salary, not relative to many salaries of a new signing. Would be interesting to compare wages oh him and Shaq