• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopps to Leave at the End of the Season

I am finding it hard to get excited about possible new signings now that Klopp is leaving, and we don't know who the next manager will be, and the system he wishes to play; and how the current; and new players will fit into that system

Cheer the fuck-up!!! Some of you thought we wouldn't make top 4. The likelihood is Amorim will be the next manager, all appointments are a gamble. However, drawing conclusions from Chelsea's experience with AVB is way off. 1st) AVB was ginger, gingers at best are suited to minor leagues or mid table teams 2) AVB was 33, he gained a reputation because he did well in his 1st appt and worked under Maureen 3) At 33, when senior players are close or even older than him, getting respect is harder especially when you had 1 good season.
Amorim has 4 years at SP. He should have by season end 2 league titles. He said to be an exceptional man manager.
(nb Before the Irish come at me, point 1 was a joke)

Cheer the fuck-up!!! Some of you thought we wouldn't make top 4. The likelihood is Amorim will be the next manager, all appointments are a gamble. However, drawing conclusions from Chelsea's experience with AVB is way off. 1st) AVB was ginger, gingers at best are suited to minor leagues or mid table teams 2) AVB was 33, he gained a reputation because he did well in his 1st appt and worked under Maureen 3) At 33, when senior players are close or even older than him, getting respect is harder especially when you had 1 good season.
Amorim has 4 years at SP. He should have by season end 2 league titles. He said to be an exceptional man manager.

I've a feeling we'll miss out on Amorim. his recent comments have been....disconcerting

Ruben Amorim hints at Liverpool snub for same reason as Xabi Alonso​

Will Ford 23 hours ago

Liverpool managerial target Ruben Amorim

Liverpool managerial target Ruben Amorim
Ruben Amorim has hinted that he may snub interest from Liverpool to remain the Sporting Lisbon manager next season.
Amorim has been the favourite to succeed Jurgen Klopp at Anfield ever since Xabi Alonso ruled himself out of the running by committing his future to Bayer Leverkusen.

No agreement with Liverpool​

The Portuguese boss is also on the radars of Chelsea and Barcelona, but reports earlier this month claimed Liverpool had held an interview with Amorim, in which they had come to an agreement that he would take the reins this summer.
But Amorim moved quickly to dismiss those reports, insisting he was fully focused on his role with Sporting.

He said: “There was no interview or agreement with Liverpool. The only thing we all want is to be crowned champions and nothing will change. I’ll say it again, I’m Sporting’s coach. There was no interview with any club or agreement with any club.”
Despite those comments, Amorim remains the runaway favourite to take the helm post-Klopp, and his insistence that he is currently the manager of Sporting didn’t mean he was ruling himself out of the running.

Unfinished ‘cycle’ at Sporting​

Speaking after his side’s 4-0 win over Gil Vicente on Friday, Amorim was once asked about his future.

A cycle has not yet ended and that depends on the characteristics of each one and on each other’s lives,” he told Record.
“I think all coaches have their own timing and it has nothing to do with [interest] of clubs, but how the coaches feel. I’m speaking generally and not about my situation.
“I don’t feel like I’ve finished a cycle, I feel like I want to keep going so this isn’t over yet, we want to win and keep moving forward.”
Sporting supporters also displayed a banner during the game, pleading “Stay Amorim!”, and the question Liverpool fans will be asking is how long he believes this “cycle” will last.
It feels like an odd thing to say if he does plan to leave at the end of the season, and in many ways echoes Alonso’s reason for snubbing Liverpool, as he insisted he had unfinished business with Leverkusen.
-----------------
Obviously, grain of salt and all that. He could literally just be talking about winning the league this year, but equally, we all thought Xabi was nailed on too

“It’s a shame Jurgen Klopp is leaving. He’s been brilliant. To face his team isn’t nice but I think he is good for the game. He has changed Liverpool and it will be sad to see him go. I always want to play against the best.”
Foden

I have come to the, somewhat obvious, conclusion that it is the unforgivable omission of an apostrophe in the first word of this thread title that is the ultimate cause of all our pain at the moment.

I think part of the acceptance criteria, before being allowed to sign up to this forum, should be a basic grasp of punctuation.

I have come to the, somewhat obvious, conclusion that it is the unforgivable omission of an apostrophe in the first word of this thread title that is the ultimate cause of all our pain at the moment.

I think part of the acceptance criteria, before being allowed to sign up to this forum, should be a basic grasp of punctuation.
Mr & Mrs Klopp?

(struggling to come up with a litigant for the capitalization)

We already have few enough posters as it is.

And I, equally, struggle to feel comfortable with your new world use of the letter "z"
The letter "z" was used interchanegeably with the letter "s" and with greater frequency in many of Shakespeare's works for example. It's no wonder that the New worldies adopted it and continued to use it while Britain moved toward standardizing the letter "s". Same is true for the use of the letter "u" in colour, and flavour, etc., and even the omission of the letter "i" in Aluminium was something that sir Humphry Davy (the person who discovered the element) proposed in naming it in 1812.

So its actually old world use, Tom. You are the newfangled usurper.

• Love
Reactions: dee
Lads, Jaysis, come on now. It's not over yet. We're not even out of the EL yet. FFS.

Doubters to Believers. An early goal v Atalanta and we are back.

We're top of the league and only second on Goal difference.

We're in a terrific spot. Don't blow it by being bottlers
So we got eve early goal? Still not back sadly,

I live in Clare - its the other side of Ireland from Dublin.

Don't go all American on me - "You're from Ireland, do you know Paddy from Ballykissmyarse?"

I would never even think about living in or near Dublin - its almost as bad as London
Spoken like a true culchie 🤣🤣🤣

Ginger is Scottish!

The letter "z" was used interchanegeably with the letter "s" and with greater frequency in many of Shakespeare's works for example. It's no wonder that the New worldies adopted it and continued to use it while Britain moved toward standardizing the letter "s". Same is true for the use of the letter "u" in colour, and flavour, etc., and even the omission of the letter "i" in Aluminium was something that sir Humphry Davy (the person who discovered the element) proposed in naming it in 1812.

Interesting!

But no excuse.

Only 30 days or more left of Klopp.

Enjoy him while it lasts.

We’re a day closer to someone proclaiming that Klopp has been holding Darwin back and we might finally have a manager that will realise and unleash his world class generational talent.

Crikey, someone else that gets it! I get told repeatedly that I’m wrong to use a Z and “that’s American” but as Mr Sanchez states it isn’t! Check the Oxford English dictionary if you want the definitive. It is linked to the root word being derived from Greek I think

Crikey, someone else that gets it! I get told repeatedly that I’m wrong to use a Z and “that’s American” but as Mr Sanchez states it isn’t! Check the Oxford English dictionary if you want the definitive. It is linked to the root word being derived from Greek I think

I don't really understand drawing up on etymology here.

The reason more English people spell the word with a z now isn't a resurgence in interest in Shakespeare or some other rebirth of old ways.

It is because of the cultural influence exerted by America. You are wrong in England still, per the preferred spelling, and will be until enough people join you being wrong, whereupon, despite the braying of a minority of exceedingly indignant formerly right people, you will be right. I tend to doubt that happens, as it's much easier to police written language.

Watching my kid learn English and Spanish simultaneously has been very instructive. If you make spelling mistakes in Spanish, then you almost certainly aren't pronouncing the word correctly. Meanwhile, the spelling mistakes he makes in English are logical, sensible, and laughably wrong. In terms of spelling, any arguments you lot are having is because the language is an absolute pigfuck. I think virtually anything is justifiable in this wild west of bullshit. Spelling, anyway. Just don't say it's because of Shakespeare. He has enough influence on the language without inflating his stats.

Back
Top Bottom