• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that was realistic, that should have been done this year.
he is saying the right things 'energy wise' but this team requires HIM to also change, and his loyalty/stubbornness (whichever it is) has not allowed him to do anything this season (formation, high line etc)

The last bit was supposed to be sarcastic but I would hope if that was ever an option, we would have allowed him to return with a nice retainer as first refusal to come back.
My only hope is that fans don’t let this season tarnish this team’s legacy because I assume it will be all change next season and we should consider it as a slow final lap and remember everything else preceeding this.

The last bit was supposed to be sarcastic but I would hope if that was ever an option, we would have allowed him to return with a nice retainer as first refusal to come back.
My only hope is that fans don’t let this season tarnish this team’s legacy because I assume it will be all change next season and we should consider it as a slow final lap and remember everything else preceeding this.

Although I go on and on about the microwave generation, I am with you ... fans should remember this team for what it was ... fucking incredible and were it not for man city and Madrid, they may have had the greatest 5 year run in our illustrious history. It was an incredible team and it's only a pity the trophies aren't there to "easily" justify it.

Klopp didn’t look happy at all in the interview.
I can see why to some degree. Frustrated? Livid?

How is xhaka getting our players more motivated than our manager?

Klopp didn’t look happy at all in the interview.
I can see why to some degree. Frustrated? Livid?
Seemed ok to me in the post match presser? Was Geoff Shreeves up to his old poor standard of interviewing trying to get a reaction again?

So Klopp changes formation and the play gets better. So why did it take Klopp this long to realise his formation needed tweaking? I don't think we will get top 4 as there's an 12 point gap and 8 games remaining. If we win all 8 who knows but I doubt we will win all 8.

So Klopp changes formation and the play gets better. So why did it take Klopp this long to realise his formation needed tweaking? I don't think we will get top 4 as there's an 12 point gap and 8 games remaining. If we win all 8 who knows but I doubt we will win all 8.

We were shit in the first 30 mins just like we were last week, hardly been a fucking day and night change.

+ all he's really done is let go of the defensive duties on Trent and given him more freedom to take control in the center and let him do his thing.

We were shit in the first 30 mins just like we were last week, hardly been a fucking day and night change.

We were also great for large spells too. I'm all for a reality check, and we certainly are still well off our best and clearly very vulnerable at the back, but when things click and we can keep teams out, we can still look devastating in attack. Like I say, we need to improve and we need to be backed, but there are things to be positive about and 6-1 away against anyone is a good result, regardless of not quite being at the races during the early exchanges. Jota was poor then too, but once he got going he was brilliant. That's the sort of stuff that happens when you have had injuries and a few players struggling. Jones has made a big difference, the perseverance with Jota (in typical Klopp fashion) has paid off too. Salah, Jota, Gapko, Firmino, Diaz and Nunez is an abundance of riches to be ending the season with.

Last edited:

That's a good question. Don't think Trent's position change works without Konate in behind, so probably it wasn't possible while Big Ib or Van Dijk were injured. Also the adaptation of Gakpo to the false 9 role, the return of Jota, which improved our pressing, somewhat improved form of Fabinho, even Curtis coming back with new energy – just like us being shit for most of the season was a result of confluence of many factors, so is this upturn in form. Famous last words, but I have a feeling that unlike other "false dawns" this season (after Bournemouth, City, United etc), this one will be sustainable – because it's based on several unrelated things that are now finally trending (almost wrote "Trenting") in the right direction.

Let's not forget Trent’s body language, it's something I've been bemoaning about all season. There's a renewed energy about him.
If the case is we couldn't play Trent in this hybrid role pryer due to the injuries to Konate and VVD, then Gomez is surplus to requirements. Some of the defending is worthy of the best slapstick comedy between Gomez and Trent.
Gomez is worth at least £30m, which could be used to add to the budget

Last edited:
You mean Gomez?
That's what I said
Seriously though, this season is very much reminiscent of his last season with Dortmund where he persisted with Immobile until the last 10 games or so. Then Dortmund went on this amazing run going from 18th and ending up 7th.
He doesn't have that challenge here, but it took long time to see Trent at RB was an issue and the opposition overloaded the Rightside.
Anyway, let's hope we win our next 8 games, and that's enough for 4th.

That's what I said
Seriously though, this season is very much reminiscent of his last season with Dortmund where he persisted with Immobile until the last 10 games or so. Then Dortmund went on this amazing run going from 18th and ending up 7th.
He doesn't have that challenge here, but it took long time to see Trent at RB was an issue and the opposition overloaded the Rightside.
Anyway, let's hope we win our next 8 games, and that's enough for 4th.

What if I told you that us having some sort of pressing game especially from our forwards was the issue, and that not covering for Trent at fucking all was an issue, as it would be for any RB, and not having good cover at right CB was an issue, and too frequent games was an issue.

We are sorting a bunch of interconnected systemic issues. You can tell that's the case because apparently the solution for Trent being all of a sudden some calamity at RB is Trent2.0 at rightback2.0.

That takes time, particularly when one of the fixes comes in halfway through the season (Gakpo), some of the most obvious fixes don't come in at all (CM), one of them can no longer operate off the ball in the same way (Salah). It's an entirely new front line, that has played several different ways due to the personnel issues behind it, which likewise have changed. Then when the new players come back, they're coming into a different team as well.

It doesn't surprise me it takes time, we're paying the penalty for not taking that time over the course of the last two pre seasons. Now we're learning on the job, and the real meat of the dysfunction happened during massive game congestion. Then, when we did have time, all the relevant players left for internationals.

Some of these guys want Klopp out, and the Scouse lad, the one in orange wants to replace him with the Coach at Sporting Lisbon. Dickhead!

These guys are all irrelevant.....that kid in orange would get sparked out by most women I know.

Even the people who are commenting make more sense than them.

So, basically your mum then.
27cr8f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom