• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kevin Pietersen

Really, you must have missed his 143 on the 13th April, test match as well !

The consistancy has not been there.. He is one of my favourite players..

But he has been far from his best recently.. Like I say you hope its just a dip in form..

You bring in the players on form, not the bessie mates of Cook. All they need to do with Pietersen is bring him in, knowing he's under huge pressure to deliver. Then he either delivers quickly, or they can drop him on the grounds of not performing. But no, everything the England Test establishment do has to resemble something in a John Le Carre novel.

You bring in the players on form, not the bessie mates of Cook. All they need to do with Pietersen is bring him in, knowing he's under huge pressure to deliver. Then he either delivers quickly, or they can drop him on the grounds of not performing. But no, everything the England Test establishment do has to resemble something in a John Le Carre novel.

But who are you dropping? I would rather have Balance Bell and Root undisturbed. They can't bring him in as he is unavailable anyway for the first test against NZ. He has only been released from the IPL up to the knock out stages which his team have almost qualified for.

KP slagged off his team mates to the opposing team, which is completely different to the different the examples below.

It would be like Gerard texting john terry before the Chelsea game telling him how much he hates BR.

Awful behaviour.

That being said there seems more to that than meets the eye..

Did Alex Ferguson refused to play Cantona ? No...

Did England Refuse to play Wayne Rooney after his spat with the cameras ? No..

You settle disputes behind close doors.. and let them do the talking on the field..

Yes he can be a tit.. but this England set up are just built not to take risks.. that is their failing.

Would any other Test side exclude KP from their side ??.. the answer is a big fat no...

He is a match winner..

Trending tenfold on twitter at the moment.. really quite funny.. I though SCM clan could come up with somethign quite funny to add to this..

If anyone has followed the KP thing.. he has been denied the chance to play for England due to trust issues but been asked to join and advisory role.. ermmm

Anyway they go something like this..

'David Beckham I don't want you on free kicks, but can you show Gary Neville how to take them'

you get the general gist..

Pietersen has Piers Morgan sucking his dick all over social media. I don't care enough about the success or not of English cricket to have that uber cunt telling us all how right he was all along.

It's similar to John Terry being binned off from England for me. Seems fair enough. Just because you're boss doesn't mean you can be a dick

KP slagged off his team mates to the opposing team, which is completely different to the different the examples below.

It would be like Gerard texting john terry before the Chelsea game telling him how much he hates BR.

Awful behaviour.

It's not a great comparison, partly because we have no info as to what goes on among footballers - apart from tapping each other up all the time - and partly because footballers don't sit around for hours on end in the middle of matches like Lord Fontleroy. If an England cricketer went out and did brilliantly, and then tweeted whatever he liked, I for one couldn't give a damn, like most except for these ex-public school bores with chips on their shoulders.

Apparently there's a report in one of today's papers to the effect that, if Pietersen had been allowed back, Cook and the backroom staff would have resigned en masse. Bear in mind Cook was a supporter of his to begin with and, when appointed skipper, was instrumental in bringing Pietersen back into the side from his *previous* ban after he fell out with Moores. Keep also in mind the fact that, despite Pietersen's extraordinary talent, he's left a trail of similar broken relationships behind him during his County career.

You cannot, you just cannot have that kind of poison simmering away in any squad. Whatever the personal shortcomings of those who took the decision to exclude Pietersen, it's 100% the right one and the amount of hooey being spouted about it in the media is just unreal.

It's similar to John Terry being binned off from England for me. Seems fair enough. Just because you're boss doesn't mean you can be a dick

I dunno much about English cricket and Pietersen related issues, but i thought among all team games, cricket is the easiest where you can accomodate a dick if he is talented.

If Cook made that threat then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought he was, and that's saying something. It's reminiscent of Gooch - another great batsman but boneheaded person - effectively ending Gower's career even though Gower had met similar conditions. I don't think captains should have a say in selection anyway. Imagine if they did in the England football team - Rooney deciding which players he can tolerate being with him. Terrifying.

All the hoohaaa is just silly....if he is good he should be in the team and there have to be other ways of managing his ego.

Im not certain he is the only person to blame in all of this...

Back
Top Bottom