• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jota

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I think his biggest weakness is that he's the one in the front three who gets shut out of games the most, which is probably because he's the easiest to defend against because he lacks the dynamism of Mane / Salah. He's an incredible effective player in our system, probably our best finisher in the box (although Salah) but he's reliant on Mo or Mane to be the ones to take on defenders and create the space for our attack, thats why losing both of those two is going to be devastating when the African Charity Shield comes around.
Just needs to get on the "Salah Diet" and develop an 8 pack!

Hes a very clever player, he times his runs very well, always seems to attack the space at the right time. He also has a very good knack of always getting his shot away early and on target. I don't think he has anything like the talent of Salah or Mane at their best but he's a great foil for them.

I'd start him ahead of Firmino when both are fully fit, he's got more fight in him

Hes a very clever player, he times his runs very well, always seems to attack the space at the right time. He also has a very good knack of always getting his shot away early and on target. I don't think he has anything like the talent of Salah or Mane at their best but he's a great foil for them.

I'd start him ahead of Firmino when both are fully fit, he's got more fight in him
It's interesting that whenever an ex-player as a commentator or studio guest, or even current player who isn't a team-mate, is discussing Firmino they wax lyrical about how great he is / would be to play alongside and yet on this and other forums he seems to be greatly undervalued, even when he's scoring goals !

I don't think he has anything like the talent of Salah or Mane at their best but he's a great foil for them.

That's my view as well.

Rightly or wrongly I've always kinda viewed him as our version of Thomas Muller. His strengths are less obvious than someone like a Salah because he doesn't have that elite level technique or explosive pace but he has a habit of being where he needs to be to score goals.

That's my view as well.

Rightly or wrongly I've always kinda viewed him as our version of Thomas Muller. His strengths are less obvious than someone like a Salah because he doesn't have that elite level technique or explosive pace but he has a habit of being where he needs to be to score goals.

Good comparison, actually. Not quite at that level but his intelligence and tenacity are very impressive.

He's like your kid brother when your parents are on vacation.

When there's danger, you just KNOW he's in there somewhere!!!!
It must be nerve wracking to play against him

Great with his head, brilliant at finding space, brilliant at progressing the ball from deeper areas, composure galore in front of goal. His minutes to goals ratio is up there with some of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

He works best when we have a midfield capable of progressing the ball. He can't fully do the Firmino role, lacks a bit of finesse and first touch link up play and strength, but his goals and general threat levels more than make up for it.

Cracking signing.

[article]Liverpool ace Diogo Jota says his heading ability has been influenced by Portugal teammate Cristiano Ronaldo.

The forward believes his time with veteran Manchester United forward Ronaldo at international level has made a difference.

"The heading is hard to explain," said Jota to Liverpool's matchday programme. "I think you have to be there at the right time in the right space and fortunately for me that's been happening so I've just been trying to take the opportunities when they show up. "Being about to train with players like Ronaldo with the national team and seeing the things he does is always helpful.

"But in the end it is up to you to try to be technically good whether the ball comes to your left, to your right or to your head."

Jota is line to return to the Liverpool starting line-up in the home Premier League clash against Southampton on Saturday having remained an unused substitute in the midweek Champions League win over former club Porto.

Roberto Firmino's recurring hamstring problem and the occasional rotation of Sadio Mane has meant Jota has started nine of 12 Premier League games this season.

And he said: "People have asked me whether I thought I could break into the established front three when I first came to Liverpool.

"Luckily for me I don't overthink things, so I never thought too much about it. I just thought about coming to this amazing club and doing my job in training sessions and then it's up to the manager to decide what to do.

"Obviously losing Bobby is not good news. We need everybody as there are a lot of games, especially now after this last international break of the year.

"We have just started a big cycle of fixtures and December will be huge so we need everybody. But it's one less player so some will get more playing time and it's up to us now to show that we can do the job."[/article]

[article]Liverpool ace Diogo Jota says his heading ability has been influenced by Portugal teammate Cristiano Ronaldo.

The forward believes his time with veteran Manchester United forward Ronaldo at international level has made a difference.

"The heading is hard to explain," said Jota to Liverpool's matchday programme. "I think you have to be there at the right time in the right space and fortunately for me that's been happening so I've just been trying to take the opportunities when they show up. "Being about to train with players like Ronaldo with the national team and seeing the things he does is always helpful.

"But in the end it is up to you to try to be technically good whether the ball comes to your left, to your right or to your head."

Jota is line to return to the Liverpool starting line-up in the home Premier League clash against Southampton on Saturday having remained an unused substitute in the midweek Champions League win over former club Porto.

Roberto Firmino's recurring hamstring problem and the occasional rotation of Sadio Mane has meant Jota has started nine of 12 Premier League games this season.

And he said: "People have asked me whether I thought I could break into the established front three when I first came to Liverpool.

"Luckily for me I don't overthink things, so I never thought too much about it. I just thought about coming to this amazing club and doing my job in training sessions and then it's up to the manager to decide what to do.

"Obviously losing Bobby is not good news. We need everybody as there are a lot of games, especially now after this last international break of the year.

"We have just started a big cycle of fixtures and December will be huge so we need everybody. But it's one less player so some will get more playing time and it's up to us now to show that we can do the job."[/article]

Sounds very level headed.

Apologies.

He's getting better. It's hilarious.

I think klopp will still prefer firmino against class sides.

Jota's goal was his fourth in his last three appearances and his eighth in the Premier League this season, putting him third in the scoring charts behind only team-mate Salah, whose tally now stands at 13, and Jamie Vardy, who has hit nine for Leicester.

His numbers were similarly impressive despite his injury troubles last season. In fact, with 17 goals in 32 Premier League appearances for Liverpool in total, he is averaging one for every 120 minutes minutes played - an even better strike rate than Salah, who has averaged a goal every 124 minutes in the same timeframe.

It's not just goals he's bringing to the side either. Against Everton, nobody won more duels (11) or completed more dribbles (three). He ranked top for chances created too (three). Everton could not live with Salah but the same was true of Jota.

Salah remains Liverpool's superstar, of course, but at 24, five years younger than his Egyptian team-mate, Jota is showing it might not be long until he enjoys the same status.

Hopefully these will format correctly!

Top Scorer

[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Rank{/th}
{th}Name{/th}
{th}GoalsGL{/th}
{th}AssistsA{/th}
{th}PlayedP{/th}
{th}Goals per 90{/th}
{th}Mins per GoalMPG{/th}