• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

"A price of €200m (£183m) and we decided we wouldn't do it.

"That's an example of the way football is now. This club and this board will not get involved in that, though.

"What's happened in the transfer market this summer has taken us to a totally different model of football which we're not used to."

Lol.

So you will sell one of your players for £200m but you refuse to be drawn into the madness of buying a player for similar sums.

Gotcha

Barcas mouthpieces are saying we told them it's now £185m or do one yesterday.

I don't know why that's particularly outrageous given we could no longer sign a replacement , were they expecting the price to go down or stay the same or something ?
Barcelona had to say something. Just saving face after spending the best part of the summer looking and acting like mugs.

"A price of €200m (£183m) and we decided we wouldn't do it.

"That's an example of the way football is now. This club and this board will not get involved in that, though.

"What's happened in the transfer market this summer has taken us to a totally different model of football which we're not used to."

Lol.

So you will sell one of your players for £200m but you refuse to be drawn into the madness of buying a player for similar sums.

Gotcha

They didn't sell him he bought out his contract in a pretty underhand way

They're definitely salty about it, that said Neymar/PSG fucked them, they didn't intend to sell him to buy other players he forced his way out leaving them no choice so they had to wade into a hyper inflated market with every other club knowing how much money they had.

If one our star players did that to us we would be fuming, in fairness Suarez tried to do it to us but fortunately he was too thick to do it properly and made a fool of himself in the process.

so they didn't set a wholly unsporting buy out value on neymar ?

Put it this way, if neymar doesn't go for £200m do you really think dembele soo goes for £100 plus 40 in Addons ?

They lost at their own game and their salty as hell about it

Salty? You mean bitter?

I wouldn't prefer any of them to any other TBH. Nuts is nuts is nuts in my book.

Walnuts are a bit of a sore point with me at this time of year though. I have a walnut tree, grown from a sapling at the bottom of my garden and now flourishing after nearly 20 years, but I rarely even see any of the nuts from it as the firkin squirrels snaffle the lot.

It is that sort of attitude which resulted in humans straying away from a sustainable diet of nuts and seeds, and now the world is nearing its end.

I thought I'd tasted all that the nut world could give until I got a tin of macadamia nuts. Those babies are unbelievable.

The Kirk Douglas of the nut world.

Kirk Douglas is my favorite movie star ever.

But in the defense of DDL nuts, they are amazing if you like to bake. The Bakewell tart is a triumph, unmatched in terms of nut based cakes.

I thought I'd tasted all that the nut world could give until I got a tin of macadamia nuts. Those babies are unbelievable.

The Kirk Douglas of the nut world.

Kirk Douglas is my favorite movie star ever.

Kirk Douglas revealed the secret to him reaching a 100 was a diet consisting of vegetables, fruit, legumes, nuts, and seeds.

Philippe Coutinho | All games w/o FA Cup/League Cup

Season 16/17
28 Apps 13 Goals 7 Assists

Season 15/16
35 Apps 10 Goals 7 Assists

Season 14/15
36 Apps 5 Goals 5 Assists

By no means bad numbers, but if anyone talked about him being ahead of the likes of Hazard/Bruyne/Alli/Eriksen/Sanchez they must've meant form wise only, because those stats are not top drawer.

I know football is more than stats, of course it is, but when we talk about a 25-year-old attacking midfielder with a price tag of £100M+ I'd certainly expect more direct involvement in goals. When you then add that he's got a history with injuries then I am even more inclined to believe that Barca are over-valuing him.

I think he's ahead of Eriksen - but behind the others.

I know you're now a big Spurs fan - and watch them religiously because of Eriksen, but his rise is very much because of what's around him (Kane, Alli, two top class DMs, Son's speed and the best defense in the league) ... He only got 12 goals overall last year - and before you talk about assists ('direct involvement in goals'), Coutinho had Mane (for 15-20 games or so) & Firmino vs Kane and Alli ... and isn't the primary free kick taker either.

Watch them for their int'l teams - both out of systems that make the most of their talents, and Coutinho has been utterly boss for Brazil game after game the last 12 months and Eriksen finally was dominating yesterday against the Poles.

Coutinho isn't worth '100 million' or '150 million' in reality - but in today's market, being the top creative talent on a Jurgen Klopp team wanted by only one team (with bucket loads of money), it's probably 'fair'. As I said last month, I'd happily sell Coutinho for 150 and replace him with Eriksen for 100. We'd be the same team ... well, we'd have one less cunt.

They're definitely salty about it, that said Neymar/PSG fucked them, they didn't intend to sell him to buy other players he forced his way out leaving them no choice so they had to wade into a hyper inflated market with every other club knowing how much money they had.

If one our star players did that to us we would be fuming, in fairness Suarez tried to do it to us but fortunately he was too thick to do it properly and made a fool of himself in the process.
No, they didn't fuck them. They paid the Release Clause because Neymar wanted to go to PSG. Nothing wrong with that, Barca set the amount ..... I laughed until I nearly cried when I heard the Spanish FA were trying to block it.

[article]"The most frantic night that we've ever witnessed." That was how sources close to Barcelona's dealings on Friday described Deadline Day evening at the club's offices. Barça's directors began Friday in a sceptical manner, aware that the European market had closed in most countries without Liverpool signing a replacement for Philippe Coutinho and, worse, without giving signs of life.

SPORT learned first hand that the player was really disappointed and had already thrown in the towel. Around about 6pm, Barça managed to directly contact Liverpool's biggest shareholder, John Henry, who was in the United States, and from that moment there was fluid contact.

Meanwhile, at 8pm, as this newspaper revealed, the club received a signal from Angel Di Maria's agents that Paris Saint-Germain were ready to negotiate. Barça also decided to explore this avenue. At 9pm, both operations were on the table and things became franctic. For one part, Liverpool agreed to name a price for Coutinho, although Barça didn't know what. Elsewhere, the club knew PSG were dropping their demands, but only from 100 million euros to 80 million.

The two clubs were a long way apart, but for the first time in many weeks there was hope. The door was open. PSG all of a sudden went from 80 million to 60 million, still above the 45 million Barça had offered. The agents decided to draw up contracts.

Di Maria was kept up to date and according to sources close to the negotiation expressed his excitement that the transfer could go through. It was at this moment that the club's executives informed Josep Maria Bartomeu by telephone that "the two operations were do-able."

Liverpool's owner, around 10pm, finally put a price on Coutinho: 200 million. Barça believed it was a tactic from the English club to be able to tell the player that the Catalan club had not wanted to pay the price on the table and that they had broken off talks. It was at that point that the negotiation ended.

Minutes later, PSG communicated to Barça that they would not drop from a deal worth an initial 60 million. Barça then gave up on that deal, too, and began to leak that there would be no more signings. At that point, they decided to call a press conference for Saturday to give an explanation about what had happened. Coutinho, Di Maria or both could have come. In the end neither did. But it was a frantic night.[/article]

And yet, they're a bit meh. Who would prefer an almond to a walnut, a Brazil nut, or even the humble hazelnut?
Good God man where on earth do you get that list from !

Pecan, Macadamia and yeah, I'll give you hazelnuts - especially when they are in a paste form (pralines) !!

[article]"The most frantic night that we've ever witnessed." That was how sources close to Barcelona's dealings on Friday described Deadline Day evening at the club's offices. Barça's directors began Friday in a sceptical manner, aware that the European market had closed in most countries without Liverpool signing a replacement for Philippe Coutinho and, worse, without giving signs of life.

SPORT learned first hand that the player was really disappointed and had already thrown in the towel. Around about 6pm, Barça managed to directly contact Liverpool's biggest shareholder, John Henry, who was in the United States, and from that moment there was fluid contact.

Meanwhile, at 8pm, as this newspaper revealed, the club received a signal from Angel Di Maria's agents that Paris Saint-Germain were ready to negotiate. Barça also decided to explore this avenue. At 9pm, both operations were on the table and things became franctic. For one part, Liverpool agreed to name a price for Coutinho, although Barça didn't know what. Elsewhere, the club knew PSG were dropping their demands, but only from 100 million euros to 80 million.

The two clubs were a long way apart, but for the first time in many weeks there was hope. The door was open. PSG all of a sudden went from 80 million to 60 million, still above the 45 million Barça had offered. The agents decided to draw up contracts.

Di Maria was kept up to date and according to sources close to the negotiation expressed his excitement that the transfer could go through. It was at this moment that the club's executives informed Josep Maria Bartomeu by telephone that "the two operations were do-able."

Liverpool's owner, around 10pm, finally put a price on Coutinho: 200 million. Barça believed it was a tactic from the English club to be able to tell the player that the Catalan club had not wanted to pay the price on the table and that they had broken off talks. It was at that point that the negotiation ended.

Minutes later, PSG communicated to Barça that they would not drop from a deal worth an initial 60 million. Barça then gave up on that deal, too, and began to leak that there would be no more signings. At that point, they decided to call a press conference for Saturday to give an explanation about what had happened. Coutinho, Di Maria or both could have come. In the end neither did. But it was a frantic night.[/article]
Club said that they never put a price on Coutinho.

Back
Top Bottom