• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

Coutinho isnt that good, he cranked up the consistency a bit last season but hes still not where he could and should be.

Hes a good footballer and probably our best but if someone offered £80m plus for him, itd be an interesting situation.

Id rather we bagged keita and vvd or whoever first though ,just in case like

The figures bandied about for players of Coutinho, Keita and VVD's ilk are just fucking crazy. Sure, good players (never actually seen Keita in my life, admittedly) - very good players even - but £70m a go? Lunacy.

The figures bandied about for players of Coutinho, Keita and VVD's ilk are just fucking crazy. Sure, good players (never actually seen Keita in my life, admittedly) - very good players even - but £70m a go? Lunacy.
You could say the same about many things.

Not least Sky TV prices. It's lunacy anyone would pay almost £100 a month for tv, but some people obviously do, so they charge it.

These prices are the new normal, so we best get used to it.

You could say the same about many things.

Not least Sky TV prices. It's lunacy anyone would pay almost £100 a month for tv, but some people obviously do, so they charge it.

These prices are the new normal, so we best get used to it.

For sure. It's just the speed with which it's gone from £35-40m for this grade of player, to £70m.

It just seems like last week when we signed Mo Salah for £35m.

Like I said before, I would sell Coutinho if we used that money to buy Mbappe. I really think we have a chance at Mbappe, because unlike Madrid and others we can guarantee him first-team football (if Coutinho is gone) in his favorite position cutting in from the left wing. It's just a question of money for us - we can't possibly afford VVD or another top-quality CB (whom we desperately need) and Keita (who could replace some of Coutinho's creativity in midfield) AND also Mbappe, unless we make a huge sale.

If we are not buying Mbappe, then definitely keep Coutinho.

He's going to cost a hell of a lot more than that. I really don't want us to sell though.

This is all related to Neymar imo ...
Barca realize PSG is a legitimate threat to their top asset after Messi.
Coutinho is a player he wants ... and they are making the move to make his decision harder.

According to DailyMail Barcelona have submitted an [bcolor=initial]€80million (£72m) bid for Brazilian star Philippe Coutinho.[/bcolor]
Ah ha ha ha ha... We submit a £71m bid for Keita and Barca come in with a £72m bid for Coutinho?

Price is double Keita, bitch. Or fuck off.

Yeah want that Neymar dollar if he's going to go.

I also am not happy with Keita and VVD in place of him , a new creative spark would need to brought in, not easy to find

You sell him, who do you replace him with. He was our main creative outlet in the middle of the park. I'd sell if we could get Mahrez and the Goretzka.

Bid has been rejected according to the echo.

Hope Coutinho hands in a transfer request now like we hoped Keita would do.
A small dose of "what goes around, comes around" is good for us.
Edit. Too early...

Last edited:
Relaxed over this, if the money is right, he can go. I was genuinely gutted when Suarez went, and didn't want him to go for any money.
Considering pogba went for 90, then around 100 or so would be fair.

Relaxed over this, if the money is right, he can go. I was genuinely gutted when Suarez went, and didn't want him to go for any money.
Considering pogba went for 90, then around 100 or so would be fair.
He's worth waaaay more than 10m + Pogba.

Back
Top Bottom