• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, man.
He ditched TAA for two mixed race players and a black one.
Also Trent is mixed as well.
Racism has nothing to do with.

Tell me it's Scouscism and I might be onboard.
Look the truth is, these coloured players unless they make a visible difference on the pitch when they get their chance, they wont get many chances like their white counterparts. The others will get chances to play themselves into form if need be. The selection of black players is not a problem, and these decisions could be deliberate to protect black players from racism.

We all think TAA as one of the best rbs in the world. Even if he has a dip in form for a few weeks during a season, if he was pure white - would you drop him ? - does Kane get dropped if he dont score for like 6 games ? No he dont. Guarantee you if Foden continues to do fuck all for England for like the next 20 games, he will still be picked.

Look the truth is, these coloured players unless they make a visible difference on the pitch when they get their chance, they wont get many chances like their white counterparts. The others will get chances to play themselves into form if need be. The selection of black players is not a problem, and these decisions could be deliberate to protect black players from racism.

We all think TAA as one of the best rbs in the world. Even if he has a dip in form for a few weeks during a season, if he was pure white - would you drop him ? - does Kane get dropped if he dont score for like 6 games ? No he dont. Guarantee you if Foden continues to do fuck all for England for like the next 20 games, he will still be picked.
You are part of the problem not the solution. Someone who sees racism in everything/everywhere even when/where it doesn't exist.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me
You won't see it like we do. Don't care about the numbers, look how he just ditched TAA last season.
I've lived all over the world, including 5 years in Nigeria and 25 in China, I am in a mixed race marriage and have a mixed race daughter, I have just as much experience of racism and racists as you do (even if from a different perspective).

You are part of the problem not the solution. Someone who sees racism in everything/everywhere even when/where it doesn't exist.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me I've lived all over the world, including 5 years in Nigeria and 25 in China, I am in a mixed race marriage and have a mixed race daughter, I have just as much experience of racism and racists as you do (even if from a different perspective).

I think it’s a sensitive subject and one that comes that funnily enough always during international breaks even more. But go easy on the guy, he’s expressing his view (which I don’t myself agree with on this occassion ) but no need to talk down to him and try negate his own experiences.

Last edited:
I think it’s a sensitive subject and one that comes that funnily enough always during international breaks even more. But go easy on the guy, he’s expressing his view (which I don’t myself agree with on this occassion ) but no need to talk down to him and try negate his own experiences.
Yes it is sensitive. But claiming racism where it doesn't exist is definitely part of the problem and if a person should be called out for racism then people should also be called out for crying wolf where there isn't one.

Would you say 'go easy on him' if someone was being racist? Of course not so if equality in everything is the aim then we need to learn where the boundaries are and not just shout out 'racist/sexist' whenever there's a decision or something we don't agree with. Don't you think?

Yes it is sensitive. But claiming racism where it doesn't exist is definitely part of the problem and if a person should be called out for racism then people should also be called out for crying wolf where there isn't one.

Would you say 'go easy on him' if someone was being racist? Of course not so if equality in everything is the aim then we need to learn where the boundaries are and not just shout out 'racist/sexist' whenever there's a decision or something we don't agree with. Don't you think?

I think it’s a bigger discussion and not one for me to judge. Regarding your question of whether if I have gone easy on someone was racist to me? A bit personal , but just to answer your question. Yes, loads of times, school, at football playing and watching, at work but just deal with it different now as I got older. Often people think it’s just easy for someone to play the race card but you have no idea. It takes balls to call someone out…

My experiences of racism is no bigger/lesser than anyone elses but that’s not what we are discussing here. We do need to learn to chill out on this forum. I know this forum is a bit “special” but if you have an issue with me calling people out on loud shouting on that then it’s fine.

Noticed lately, it’s just becoming a big point scoring place from a load over 40s men. Not sure how many new joiners we had but if we just shout at each other for views we disagree with then it’s counter productive and include myself in that.

Last edited:
I think it’s a bigger discussion and not one for me to judge. Regarding your question of whether if I have gone easy on someone was racist to me? A bit personal , but just to answer your question. Yes, loads of times, school, at football playing and watching, at work but just deal with it different now as I got older. Often people think it’s just easy for someone to play the race card but you have no idea. It takes balls to call someone out…

My experiences of racism is no bigger/lesser than anyone elses but that’s not what we are discussing here. We do need to learn to chill out on this forum. I know this forum is a bit “special” but if you have an issue with me calling people out on loud shouting on that then it’s fine.

Noticed lately, it’s just becoming a big point scoring place from a load over 40s men. Not sure how many new joiners we had but if we just shout at each other for views agree with then it’s counter productive and include myself in that.
Well I didn't say 'racist to you', so not personal. I was referring to any arena (inc. forums etc.).
As for shouting at each other (difficult to shout on forums - just silent debate) ... isn't that forums all over? And isn't it better than back-slapping and agreeing/liking with everyone? Nothing was ever achieved without debate. But anyway ... all the best mate.

Last edited:
Well I didn't say 'racist to you', so not personal. I was referring to any arena (inc. forums etc.).
As for shouting at each other (difficult to shout on forums - just silent debate) ... isn't that forums all over? And isn't it better than back-slapping and agreeing/liking with everyone? Nothing was ever achieved without debate. But anyone .. all the best mate.

I still love shouting at you mate. I agree on that. :)

First of all - I had no idea about your experience of mixed race issues. I have no issue with your response, as I was hardened when I was young with issues of race.

On the accusation that I am claiming racism where it does not exist, I can assure you I was not accusing the FA/Southgate etc. of Racism. Despite all the racism I experienced in secondary school, my parents thought the issue was a joke and I had to get on with it, and that's what I did, and I grew up in a pure white area back then, and nearly always felt lost in ethnically diverse areas in my 20's/30's. Only by working in London have I gotten over that strange feeling.

I was just expressing what I observed and for all we know it could be to protect colored players, as the England team brings out the hardened nationalists. What I think is happening though is that a high proportion of the England team are made up of black players, and I think that there is a risk that there may be a disconnect with the larger white indigenous supporting community if the majority of the England team are just black players.

That's all @Frogfish

I’m messing. No idea. But everyone had a break of some kind. Either away playing international games or away on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom