• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

Besiktas' Kılıçsoy

[article]2 - Semih Kılıçsoy (18 years, 147 days), who plays for @Besiktas, became the second youngest player to score in three consecutive Super League matches after Batuhan Karadeniz (17 years, 289 days) since the 2007/08 season. Diamond.[/article]

Last edited:
Besiktas' Kılıçsoy

[article]2 - Semih Kılıçsoy (18 years, 147 days), who plays for @Besiktas, became the second youngest player to score in three consecutive Super League matches after Batuhan Karadeniz (17 years, 289 days) since the 2007/08 season. Diamond.[/article]

Just scored again right after the break.

Edit: + an assist

Last edited:
The good thing with Summerville, is there's actually end product. So he could be a smart buy

The good thing with Summerville, is there's actually end product. So he could be a smart buy
And he'll have a few Dutch buddies to help him settle. I know I sound sceptical, Summerville is definitely a good player and I've seen him play for Leeds a few times, but where would he play for us? RW? LW?
We already have a few LW, one who's really expensive too and doesn't seems suited for the CF role

Just watch Colwill and (crucially) Caicedo for that goal! Our two summer targets looking poor again…

I mean, what’s the truth with Caicedo? Did he just look really good in Brighton’s system but is ultimately a 20m DM?

Just watch Colwill and (crucially) Caicedo for that goal! Our two summer targets looking poor again…

I mean, what’s the truth with Caicedo? Did he just look really good in Brighton’s system but is ultimately a 20m DM?
I don't know about Colwill, inexperience might explain it but what I've heard from others is that Caicedo just hasn't adapted to Pochettino's way of playing and yes he did look a whole lot better in Brighton's system.

Last edited:
I don't know about Colwill, inexperience might explain it but what I've heard from others is that just hasn't adapted to Pochettino's way of playing and yes he did look a whole lot better in Brighton's system.

Colwill is predominantly playing at LB as cucu and chilwell are dead/shit, so he gets a pass.

Caicedo seemingly cannot adapt. Maybe it's the "I've made it" mentality? 8 years on good money, he's fucking golden

Colwill is predominantly playing at LB as cucu and chilwell are dead/shit, so he gets a pass.

Caicedo seemingly cannot adapt. Maybe it's the "I've made it" mentality? 8 years on good money, he's fucking golden

Following the Lingaard, Sancho route? I'm not sure.

Following the Lingaard, Sancho route? I'm not sure.

I dont know if that was the case for either of them, as lingard just loved the lifestyle, and Sancho I dunno what's going on but it seems more a united thing than a Sancho thing.

It's hard to remain motivated if you've got more money than you could ever imagine, unless you have that intrinsic desire for accolades as well.

Who knows. It's all amateur psychology. Every chance it's tactics related, but it just seems weird that so many ex Brighton players move on and struggle. Maybe they're told initially by the club "we're you're stepping stone, so play like you want your big move". Be fucking genius from Brighton if they were that transparent like

I dont know if that was the case for either of them, as lingard just loved the lifestyle, and Sancho I dunno what's going on but it seems more a united thing than a Sancho thing.

It's hard to remain motivated if you've got more money than you could ever imagine, unless you have that intrinsic desire for accolades as well.

Who knows. It's all amateur psychology. Every chance it's tactics related, but it just seems weird that so many ex Brighton players move on and struggle. Maybe they're told initially by the club "we're you're stepping stone, so play like you want your big move". Be fucking genius from Brighton if they were that transparent like
Talking about Brighton players, I don't think many of them have been "that" successful when they've moved to bigger clubs.

Macca has so far been a solid 7 imo, so that's good I guess.

Besiktas' Kılıçsoy

Kılıçsoy scored again today - 4th consecutive match, 5 goals 1 assists.

Last edited:
Girona's Savio. Signed by City Football Group for Troyes, loaned to Girona this season. Atlético Mineiro apparently still owns 12.5% of his rights.

Girona winger Sávio was compared to legendary compatriot Garrincha during their 5-1 win over Sevilla.

The 19-year-old Brazilian, currently on loan from Troyes, created two further goals in that aforementioned success, bringing his tally to seven.

It leaves the one-time PSV Eindhoven forward as La Liga’s most creative player this season. Sávio teed up Artem Dovbyk to score Girona’s equaliser before creating Viktor Tsyhankov’s effort, which put Míchel’s side 4-1 in front.

Former Argentine player-turned-commentator Diego Latorre lauded his performance by suggesting he was channelling the iconic Rio-born winger.

“Sávio is the reincarnation of Garrincha today,” he wrote on X, formerly called Twitter.

Both of Sávio’s assists came from two chances created. He also made no fewer than five attempted take-ons and completed three.

Only Granada forward Bryan Zaragoza has attempted more take-ons (110) than Sávio (99).
Still, regarding overall completion, Sávio has posted 55, making him the leader in this metric.

Sávio, though, didn’t completely grab the headlines as teammate Artem Dovbyk stole the show with a six-minute hat-trick.

Dovbyk, who has been linked with Chelsea, moved to 14 goals, leaving him and Jude Bellingham neck-and-beck in this season’s Pichichi race. Dovbyk, though, needed fewer minutes and has created two more goals (5) than English football’s latest jewell.

Girona’s success keeps their unlikely La Liga title challenge intact. However, from a historical perspective, this victory saw the Catalan club reach a new milestone. They have now accumulated 52 points, a record for the club in the top tier of Spanish football. The 2017/18 season saw Girona finish in tenth place with 51 points, setting the old standard.

“We are very happy because we have achieved one of our goals, which was to reach 52 points; the first was to avoid relegation,” Michel told DAZN.

“The third objective was to finish in the top three; now we have the target of reaching European competitions, and step by step, we will see if we can do it.”

Girona leads the championship through 21 matches, but Real Madrid, who have a game in hand, are one point behind.

Ok....well on the off chance City don't go out and just splash 100m on Rodrygo or Sane like they usually do.
They own Girona, so a football pyramid is there. just like Salzberg sell players at a discount to Leipzig, Girona will sell players to Man City at a discount.
Ratcliffe will do that with Nice.#
Our owners don't have that model, and are looking to add NBL and NFL teams into their portfolio of assets

They own Girona, so a football pyramid is there. just like Salzberg sell players at a discount to Leipzig, Girona will sell players to Man City at a discount.
Ratcliffe will do that with Nice.#
Our owners don't have that model, and are looking to add NBL and NFL teams into their portfolio of assets
Leipzig can't sign players like Grealish for 100m, Haaland for 60m, Doku for 55m, Gvardiol for 70m and so on though can they? That's the big fucking difference here.

If anything it'll be City selling players to Girona at a discount.

Leipzig can't sign players like Grealish for 100m, Haaland for 60m, Doku for 55m, Gvardiol for 70m and so on though can they? That's the big fucking difference here.

If anything it'll be City selling players to Girona at a discount.
If the next 'Neymar' is at Girona, why would they spend a £100m on whomever from Benfica? That's my point!

If the next 'Neymar' is at Girona, why would they spend a £100m on whomever from Benfica? That's my point!
Because they can and that's what they do.

Pep isn't really known for his trust in developing kids, this Savio lad included. He's a cheque book manager, he wants the ready made stars. Wouldn't surprise me if they're secretly working on a deal for Mbappe.

Back
Top Bottom