• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

Talking about interesting young players. What happened to Kaide Gordon? Had some game time last season where he looked like he could become an option to give Salah a rest in the last 5-10 mins of games that we have already won. Haven't seen him anywhere and he doesn't show in the injury list? The usual peaks and troughs of a youth player?

Talking about interesting young players. What happened to Kaide Gordon? Had some game time last season where he looked like he could become an option to give Salah a rest in the last 5-10 mins of games that we have already won. Haven't seen him anywhere and he doesn't show in the injury list? The usual peaks and troughs of a youth player?
I read he was out injured for a while

I think I'd rather have him than Bellingham. He's like a Thiago-Mascherano hybrid

I think Bellingham is fantastic and I'd love him at Anfield but the issue for me is we need probably 3 CM in the next 18 months and spending £80-£90 on one player means we'd need to pray that one of Jones/Elliot/Bajcetic turns into a world class CM. On the other hand for the same money we would pay for Bellingham we could probably get 2 of Caicedo/Fernandes/Danilo and given FSGs reluctance to fund the rebuild I'd rather bet on 2 or 3 high level players than 1 outstanding talent.

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Flamengo midfielder Joao Gomes.
The Reds were linked with signing a new midfielder throughout the whole of the summer transfer window. In the end, the club waited until deadline day to bring in Arthur Melo on loan from Juventus.

Now a fresh report from Brazil has claimed that a potential new midfielder could be joining the club fairly soon. It has been reported that Flamengo star Gomes is a target for Liverpool in the coming months.

As reported by journalist Julio Miguel Neto, Liverpool are said to be preparing to make an offer to sign Gomes in either January or next summer’s transfer window. It has also been claimed that Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of the player.

The report goes on to say that two other clubs have expressed an interest in Gomes in the past. Manchester United and La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid have also been namechecked in the report for the 21-year-old..
Gomes is the latest midfielder to be linked with a move to Liverpool over the past few months. He joins the likes of Aurelien Tchouameni, Youri Tielemans, Moises Caicedo, Konrad Laimer and Douglas Luiz in being tipped to potentially move to Merseyside, although the first of those went on to move to Real Madrid.

Just a quick drop of names from my side of the pond;

Rasmus Højlund, 19, striker for Atalanta. Strong, powerful, clinical beast in the same mould as Haaland. Coaches in Austria have already mentioned this very obvious comparison (Højlund were at Sturm Graz before Atalanta). Long way to go but already in the Danish Int team as Jonas Wind and Yussuf Poulsen are out injured/coming back.

Maurits Kjaergaard, 19, AM at RB Salzburg. Tall, technical, creative set-piece expert. Not ready for big move yet. Watch this space though.

Morten Hjulmand, 23, Captain at Lecce in Serie A. Strong mentality. Powerful game. Henderson-like perhaps? Inter looks his next destination.

Jesper Lindström, 22, AM/Winger at Frankfurt. Local lad from my part of the woods, opportunistic type that’ll score goals everywhere. A bit light-weight physically but fast, technical and hardworking. Scored Frankfurt’s first ever CHL goal yesterday.

Andreas Skov-Olsen, 22, Winger at Club Brügge. Must be one of the hottest prospects in Europe really. McMannaman-like. It’s true. Buy him. Turns defenders for fun. Scores for fun. Even got a few curls like Steve M. Strong buy. Oh and tall, almost 190 cm.

Rasmus Højlund, 19, striker for Atalanta. Strong, powerful, clinical beast in the same mould as Haaland. Coaches in Austria have already mentioned this very obvious comparison (Højlund were at Sturm Graz before Atalanta). Long way to go but already in the Danish Int team as Jonas Wind and Yussuf Poulsen are out injured/coming back.

Maurits Kjaergaard, 19, AM at RB Salzburg. Tall, technical, creative set-piece expert. Not ready for big move yet. Watch this space though.

Morten Hjulmand, 23, Captain at Lecce in Serie A. Strong mentality. Powerful game. Henderson-like perhaps? Inter looks his next destination.

Jesper Lindström, 22, AM/Winger at Frankfurt. Local lad from my part of the woods, opportunistic type that’ll score goals everywhere. A bit light-weight physically but fast, technical and hardworking. Scored Frankfurt’s first ever CHL goal yesterday.

Andreas Skov-Olsen, 22, Winger at Club Brügge. Must be one of the hottest prospects in Europe really. McMannaman-like. It’s true. Buy him. Turns defenders for fun. Scores for fun. Even got a few curls like Steve M. Strong buy. Oh and tall, almost 190 cm.

These all sound sort of Danish… so contractually we’re not allowed to buy until you start playing Xpert XI again.

watch

Jesper looks exciting and Andreas looks like one of those players that could play anywhere, a utility player.

Last edited:
Liverpool are being linked with a move for Flamengo midfielder Joao Gomes.
The Reds were linked with signing a new midfielder throughout the whole of the summer transfer window. In the end, the club waited until deadline day to bring in Arthur Melo on loan from Juventus.

Now a fresh report from Brazil has claimed that a potential new midfielder could be joining the club fairly soon. It has been reported that Flamengo star Gomes is a target for Liverpool in the coming months.

As reported by journalist Julio Miguel Neto, Liverpool are said to be preparing to make an offer to sign Gomes in either January or next summer’s transfer window. It has also been claimed that Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of the player.

The report goes on to say that two other clubs have expressed an interest in Gomes in the past. Manchester United and La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid have also been namechecked in the report for the 21-year-old..
Gomes is the latest midfielder to be linked with a move to Liverpool over the past few months. He joins the likes of Aurelien Tchouameni, Youri Tielemans, Moises Caicedo, Konrad Laimer and Douglas Luiz in being tipped to potentially move to Merseyside, although the first of those went on to move to Real Madrid.

There's only two Joe Gomez, two Joe Gomez ...

I don't understand how Young Boys can be called as such when they have none of the talent in this thread.

Time for a rebrand.

English winger for Sporting, can play both Wings, but prefers RW. Has even been played through the middle. Is supposedly mates with Jude

We should sign Dango. He looks a great talent and we could have a thread called Dango unchained for when he’s being introduced to boss the league.

Scored again today. He's name will appear in the rumour mill more and more often now

English winger for Sporting, can play both Wings, but prefers RW. Has even been played through the middle. Is supposedly mates with Jude

I read an interest article about why he was bombed out of Spurs.

Quiet, introverted, doesn’t get on well with people and poor time keeping - he’s not unpopular, but hasn’t learned Portuguese and hangs around with players that speak English.

Spurs rated him very highly at one point.

Seems like he’s the sort of person that would not work well at a high pressure big club.

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...urs-sporting-champions-league-sense-of-regret

2 assists today in the 1st half against Elche. Looks like Barca have a successor for Alba there

Last edited:
We are RedBird's minority interest. They just bought AC Milan.
The model of having smaller feeder clubs who take risks on smaller transfers, and if there is a gem he gets transferred to the bigger brand.
I don't think FSG are thinking of it that way.
I'd say the only reason redbird bought a stake in us was because they thought they were going to make a killing with European super league. There was an interview with owner of redbird did an interview at the time going on about TV rights in European football not being controlled like in us sports... A month or two later news broke about about the European super league. No way this guy didn't know about it before he splashed 200-300m

I'd say the only reason redbird bought a stake in us was because they thought they were going to make a killing with European super league. There was an interview with owner of redbird did an interview at the time going on about TV rights in European football not being controlled like in us sports... A month or two later news broke about about the European super league. No way this guy didn't know about it before he splashed 200-300m
They splashed £533m on FSG to take a 10% stake. Considering liverpool alone is worth about 3-4bn and redsox the same and now the penguins are part of the deal, RedBird are very happy.

Based on what? Had you heard of him last year?

No but I don't think you need to watch a player for years to form an opinion on them. Some players are very obviously a level above their competition. I felt the same having watched Diaz once or twice playing for Columbia, he was the best player on the pitch by miles. With attacking players they might have a purple patch that's deceptive short term and evens out over time

Back
Top Bottom