• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

new signing from Leicester
949e66cff0ead62834c189ea6e2b6950.jpg

It's more exciting following our youth transfer news than the senior team's :p

[article]
Liverpool have made an offer to Atalanta prospect Samuel Inacio Pià.

The Italy U16 international is considering a move to England, says TMW, with Liverpool in direct contact.

Pia is an attacking midfielder and rated among the best of his age group in Italy.

The Liverpool target is said to be a trequartista ‘considered among the best’ talents coming through at Atalanta, as he has seven goals in 11 appearances for the U15s and has since been moved up permanently to their U16s.

Samuel is the son of Inacio Pia, the former Brazilian midfielder who played for La Dea and Napoli among a long list of Italian clubs.
[/article]

We’re linked with forward Jonas Wind (Wolfsburg)

His form after coming back from injury has been insanely good.

Biggest quality; Intelligence with and without the ball. Watched a game of his last week and every single touch was clever/sharp/brillant. Would give us the link we’ve missed since Firmino was at the top of his game. £20M would be a steal.

Find it strange that no one is talking about Marcus Edwards at Sporting?
Left footed, English, rapid...

It is what it is KB, maybe in time once we have the right personnel at the club it's a gap in the market we can look to explore.

I reckon in the next year or 2 Rieder will be playing at a club in Germany, maybe a Union Berlin or Gladbach & he'll go for about £10m where they're managed by Swiss nationals and will be one of those that fly under the radar (unless Bayern/BVB are in need of a CM)

Not so much a young player as he's 23 but I've been watching bits of Aberdeen Hacken, this Sadiq player has ripped them to shreds.

Scored 2 goals, hit the post and has now won them a pen.

Great progress by Kubo and Lee this season - hope their next moves will be the right ones

View attachment 2681
View attachment 2680

The Intriguing Finances Surrounding $66 Million Takefusa Kubo—Tracked By Real Madrid
[article]A creative spark with excellent close control in possession, Kubo’s whereabouts are worth tracking. And the money surrounding the playmaker, whom Sociedad values at €60 million ($66 million), is particularly compelling as it hands both his current team and Real a tricky decision when the transfer window opens, likely on July 1.

Though he often lacks the numbers to complement his skills, Kubo has notched a career-best seven goals and five assists in 27 league games this campaign. With him struggling to impress at Mallorca, Villarreal and Getafe on loan, Real had been content to keep him on the books before his moderate €6.5 million ($7 million) switch to San Sebastián, a deal incentivized by Real earning a healthy portion of any future resale to another club, assuming his stock continues to rise.

It has this term. And were Sociedad to sell him for anything over €4 million ($4.5 million) this summer, Real would recoup 50% of the transfer, as forwarded by El Diario Vasco (Spanish). So, although the €60 million ($66 million) valuation may be a negotiating ploy, such a figure would leave Los Blancos with a convenient €30 million ($33 million) minus the €4 million ($4.5 million) for Sociedad—meaning he could earn them good money.[/article]

Kubo's only going to get better.

Jesper Lindström, 23, off to Napoli in a £30M-deal.

Lindstrom explains why he snubbed Liverpool for Napoli

[article]New signing Jesper Lindstrom explains why he decided to turn down Liverpool in order to join Napoli and admits he cannot walk in the city without being ‘attacked’ by fans.

The 23-year-old Denmark international spoke to Tipsbladet after his transfer from Eintracht Frankfurt, which was worth €30m plus €5m in various add-ons.

It happened very late in the summer transfer session and Lindstrom had other offers on the table, including an approach from Premier League giants Liverpool.

The switch to Anfield would’ve been a childhood dream come true for the Dane, but he had to look beyond his heart to what was best for his career.

“It was Liverpool and I am a Liverpool supporter, so it would’ve been a madly fascinating experience, but would it have been an intelligent move?” Lindstrom told the Danish paper.

“If I don’t play, then I may as well sit in front of the TV and watch them play there while I am at a different club. I am at an age now where I have to play football.

“This is why I think Napoli represent a good change. It is one of the best clubs in the world and they said I will have many opportunities to play.”

Lindstrom only arrived on August 29, but he is already experiencing the extraordinary passion of the Napoli supporters, which has been known to limit the freedom of some well-loved players.

“It is not possible to walk the streets of the city and this is also why many of the players live on the outskirts. You can’t go for a walk, you have to cover yourself up, because otherwise they attack you for selfies.

“I knew it would be like this, as there is only one club in Naples, everyone here grew up supporting Napoli and it is all extreme. I can’t just go out for coffee. It’s different, but an amusing experience.”

Lindstrom made his debut at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona for the final 15 minutes of their 2-1 defeat to Lazio.[/article]

Lindstrom explains why he snubbed Liverpool for Napoli

[article]New signing Jesper Lindstrom explains why he decided to turn down Liverpool in order to join Napoli and admits he cannot walk in the city without being ‘attacked’ by fans.

The 23-year-old Denmark international spoke to Tipsbladet after his transfer from Eintracht Frankfurt, which was worth €30m plus €5m in various add-ons.

It happened very late in the summer transfer session and Lindstrom had other offers on the table, including an approach from Premier League giants Liverpool.

The switch to Anfield would’ve been a childhood dream come true for the Dane, but he had to look beyond his heart to what was best for his career.

“It was Liverpool and I am a Liverpool supporter, so it would’ve been a madly fascinating experience, but would it have been an intelligent move?” Lindstrom told the Danish paper.

“If I don’t play, then I may as well sit in front of the TV and watch them play there while I am at a different club. I am at an age now where I have to play football.

“This is why I think Napoli represent a good change. It is one of the best clubs in the world and they said I will have many opportunities to play.”

Lindstrom only arrived on August 29, but he is already experiencing the extraordinary passion of the Napoli supporters, which has been known to limit the freedom of some well-loved players.

“It is not possible to walk the streets of the city and this is also why many of the players live on the outskirts. You can’t go for a walk, you have to cover yourself up, because otherwise they attack you for selfies.

“I knew it would be like this, as there is only one club in Naples, everyone here grew up supporting Napoli and it is all extreme. I can’t just go out for coffee. It’s different, but an amusing experience.”

Lindstrom made his debut at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona for the final 15 minutes of their 2-1 defeat to Lazio.[/article]

His dad who is often seen at my local club is also a massive Liverpool-fan but I do think he made the right move considering the size of Napoli as well. Do well there and he’s Anfield-bound in a few years time.

Dammit binny, I posted about Lindstrom in another thread, 6 hours after you.

The man's too damn good at aggregating news God damn it. The best to ever do it

Dammit binny, I posted about Lindstrom in another thread, 6 hours after you.

The man's too damn good at aggregating news God damn it. The best to ever do it

Nah, it's cos of timing. I'm in GMT +8 time zone and that tweet was dated a few hours before I woke up so it showed up in my feed the moment I logged on. :p

Back
Top Bottom