• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries ... and it begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offal: Harvey Elliott has undergone successful surgery on the ankle injury he sustained during Sunday’s victory at Leeds United.

Nice message from Pascal,

At least it's season over, who knows he may end up recovering quicker and be back sooner.

95b0633278f001b418014de20a4268c5.jpg

What, first quote was 12 wks, then 8/9week ....now 6 months. FFS
I remember that article, it was up within 5 mins of his injury ! OK lunchtime the next day but fact remains that the expert was just talking in general terms, he had/has no idea how bad (or not) the ankle is. The Mail (ha!) certainly didn't, here's their quote demonstrating their complete ignorance : resulting in a dislocation and possible break of his ankle

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a big fan of all this based positivity. Bring back Mongy Kane impressions
Agree. I was even disappointed with the Leeds fans applauding him off. In the good old days the ground would have been filled with chants of "Die, you bastard, die!" and we could all be morally outraged.

Agree. I was even disappointed with the Leeds fans applauding him off. In the good old days the ground would have been filled with chants of "Die, you bastard, die!" and we could all be morally outraged.

According to a mate who was at the game on Sunday. They (Leeds fans) were singing about Hillsborough while he has was down injured.
So I guess some of it was like the good old days.

The media already seem to have it in for Klopp when he goes on about "protecteding the players" and having his own player weaken his arguments like this doesn't help, surely? (not that any of it really matters).

Carra made a great point about the difference. Tarkowski’s challenge against Richarlison compared to Struikjs.

Klopp wont be the last manager to complain about Burnley.

According to a mate who was at the game on Sunday. They (Leeds fans) were singing about Hillsborough while he has was down injured.
So I guess some of it was like the good old days.

In the press box there was someone working who was also a Leeds fan, but wasn't being professional in the slightest. Up and down, and shouting etc. When Elliott got injured, he got up and shouted "I hope he's broken his leg!". Not sure who he worked for, but it might have been the Leeds official website.

6 months about right, was a fracture dislocation as I said. Depends on the exact location of the fracture in relation to joint line, ligament damage etc...

Crazy though how I have more legs than United have trophies in the past eight years, X.

[article]
Liverpool's Harvey Elliott aims dig at Manchester United fan who mocked his injury on TikTok
Liverpool midfielder Harvey Elliott successfully underwent surgery in London on his ankle injury and will now start his road to recovery

Harvey Elliott has poked fun at Manchester United after receiving an insensitive message from a supporter on TikTok.

The 18-year-old successfully underwent surgery on his ankle in London yesterday and will now begin his road to recovery.

Elliott shared an update to supporters on this procedure on his Instagram shortly after being treated, and said: "Operation was a success. Thank you so much to everyone for your amazing support.

"The road to recovery starts now. At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky. YNWA."

Messages of support have been flooding in for the talented teenager, who has seen his progress in the Liverpool first-team disrupted despite making a promising start to the campaign.

One Liverpool fan shared a video on TikTok yesterday afternoon stating that Elliott would 'come back stronger' from this setback, which attracted an unsavoury comment from one United fan.

In response to the video clip showing Elliott making his way out onto the pitch at Elland Road prior to kick-off, he posted: "He's not walking like that anymore."

The talented teenager picked up on this remark, however, and responded in a light-hearted way.
du_pyt_down.png

Elliott said: "Crazy though how I have more legs than United have trophies in the past eight years, X."

0_Elliott-TikTok.jpg

Harvey Elliott responded to a Man Utd fan on TikTok (Image: Getty)

After viewing this reply from the Liverpool midfielder, the United supporter quickly backed down from the situation. He said: "Haha, fair enough. You're a baller."
[/article]

[article]
Liverpool's Harvey Elliott aims dig at Manchester United fan who mocked his injury on TikTok
Liverpool midfielder Harvey Elliott successfully underwent surgery in London on his ankle injury and will now start his road to recovery

Harvey Elliott has poked fun at Manchester United after receiving an insensitive message from a supporter on TikTok.

The 18-year-old successfully underwent surgery on his ankle in London yesterday and will now begin his road to recovery.

Elliott shared an update to supporters on this procedure on his Instagram shortly after being treated, and said: "Operation was a success. Thank you so much to everyone for your amazing support.

"The road to recovery starts now. At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky. YNWA."

Messages of support have been flooding in for the talented teenager, who has seen his progress in the Liverpool first-team disrupted despite making a promising start to the campaign.

One Liverpool fan shared a video on TikTok yesterday afternoon stating that Elliott would 'come back stronger' from this setback, which attracted an unsavoury comment from one United fan.

In response to the video clip showing Elliott making his way out onto the pitch at Elland Road prior to kick-off, he posted: "He's not walking like that anymore."

The talented teenager picked up on this remark, however, and responded in a light-hearted way.
du_pyt_down.png

Elliott said: "Crazy though how I have more legs than United have trophies in the past eight years, X."

0_Elliott-TikTok.jpg

Harvey Elliott responded to a Man Utd fan on TikTok (Image: Getty)

After viewing this reply from the Liverpool midfielder, the United supporter quickly backed down from the situation. He said: "Haha, fair enough. You're a baller."
[/article]
Lovin this guy more !
hope he recovers well and speedily ❤️

Any news on Thiago? It's worrying how we've already started losing players to injuries. God knows where we will be by Xmas?

Any news on Thiago? It's worrying how we've already started losing players to injuries. God knows where we will be by Xmas?

this was the latest I could find from a Klopp comments on Thiago.Should find out more after X-rays soon…
I'm hoping it’s not a bad one

‘Jurgen Klopp watched on as Thiago was forced off in Liverpool's win over Crystal Palace and hoped the issue "wasn't too serious".
The Reds boss was unable to give a lead time on the Spaniard's recovery.
Thiago felt discomfort in his calf and had to be replaced by Naby Keita on the hour mark.
The former Bayern Munich man has struggled with injuries since arriving last summer but walked straight down the tunnel at Anfield on Saturday afternoon after being taken off.
Klopp said after the contest: “He felt his calf but we hope it is not too serious.”
The German is already having to work without Harvey Elliott, whose season may be over following a horrific injury at Leeds last weekend’

Don't want to be negative but I'm not expecting good news. Klopp is putting a good spin on it, but I'm expecting him to be out for 2-3 weeks.
Even minor calf injuries take about 1-3 weeks of recovery and rehab.

Yeah its definitely a few weeks. Hopefully Keita can stay fit and contribute. We're down to the bare bones otherwise.

I’m fine with 3 weeks as we have another international break. He’ll be back after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom