• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In through the out door

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy

Salah for £37.5m ( We made such a huge effort for him)
Lemar £30m (press valuation)
Lacazatte £50m
Left Back £20m
Simon Kjær £17.5m
Ruben Neves £35m

That's £190m

Sold
Markovic: £17m
Sakho: £30m
Moreno: £12m
Origi £17m
Flanagan £5m
Karius £15m
Ings £14m
Ojo £15m
Kent £15m
Stewart £7m
Randall £3m
Brannigan £3m
That's £138m

Net spend £52m
So we would be down to two GKs then ? :whistle:

I live seeing people's estimates on sales. I can't see us making any notable sales apart from Markovic and Sakho. Any youth/ academy players who go will all be like £2m or under, and I'd expect us to agree more loans than sales of that bunch anyway as that seems to be out go-to approach.
Used to be. However Klopp has said he doesn't like loans except in exceptional circumstances, so I wouldn't bank on it.

The club did well getting fees they got for Sinclair ,Smith and Ibe last summer

That's insane. One, we should hold on to him, he's a really good prospect, and two, if Bournemouth paid almost three times that for Ibe then they're just having a laugh. Yes, Ibe had some games under his belt but he's no better than Kent.
We are inserting a buy back clause, makes perfect sense to me.

Why? Have you seen him play regularly? You've decided on his potential? It only makes perfect sense if you haven't done that.
I don't profess to have seen him regularly, but I did see a few Barnsley games and highlights from last season. I like to keep upto date as possible with loan players in the UK.

He has trickery in abundance, but for me, like Ibe, little end product.

He's nowhere near our first XI in my opinion. So similar to what Madrid and Barcelona do (Bojan, Morata et al.), sell him cheap with a favourable buy-back clause makes savvy business sense to me. Even if we buy him back after 2/3 years and decide to sell him on at a further profit (See case points above).

Or are you suggesting he'll get more than a handful of games (let alone starts) with us next season? Because I just don't see it.

[article]Wagner said: 'I've spoken with Jurgen and unfortunately he's made the decision that Danny Ward has to go back to Liverpool. This is a player we will not be able to bring to our club like we we've done with Aaron.'[/article]

Could Karius be going out on loan instead?

[article]Wagner said: 'I've spoken with Jurgen and unfortunately he's made the decision that Danny Ward has to go back to Liverpool. This is a player we will not be able to bring to our club like we we've done with Aaron.'[/article]

Could Karius be going out on loan instead?

I read recently that Kloop wants to bring back all his players for pre season to run the rule over them and then decide who goes out on loan.
Three keepers seem like one too many so I would expect someone to be loaned out.

I read recently that Kloop wants to bring back all his players for pre season to run the rule over them and then decide who goes out on loan.
Three keepers seem like one too many so I would expect someone to be loaned out.
Yeah, apparently did the same with Ojo and Gomez but I thought Ward to Huddersfield would've been more 'straight-forward' - already at the club for a season + chance for regular EPL football (not sure if there's any other PL clubs who will need/want him as no. 1 at the moment). Can't help but feel that Ward's ahead of Karius in the pecking order (albeit just).

I'd rather be third choice out on loan in the premier league than second choice and on the bench. I think Karius will look to leave if he spends another season on the bench and could be given a loan deal to placate him. Not that him leaving would be any great loss.

I mean £60m for vvd is mental , until you realise that Sakho is going for half that. Hes certainly twice the player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom