• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I'm falling for this Chick..

Ryan said:

I thought things like that only ever happend to Adrian Mole and David Brent.

What sort of bumbling fools are you lot?

I wish I could be more like you Ryan, gliding through life, so effortlessly funny, so suave, in a super-human state of quasi perfection, no flaws, no errors, no mishaps, just lines and lines of comic genuis, dripping with wit and satire, from every angle as you admire your rugged stubble in the mirror, flex your muscles and wink at the stunning barmaids.

On the other hand could simpy be a bored, unkempt, unremarkable irishman in his late twentys, running an internet forum in his (spare) time, with a stack of hideous debt, a missus the other side of the world, and a leg so fucked up even taking a shit is deemed virtually unachievable.

anfieldanfield said:
Ryan said:

I wish I could be more like you Ryan, gliding through life, so effortlessly funny, so suave, in a super-human state of quasi perfection, no flaws, no errors, no mishaps, just lines and lines of comic genuis, dripping with wit and satire, from every angle as you admire your rugged stubble in the mirror, flex your muscles and wink at the stunning barmaids.

On the other hand could simpy be a bored, unkempt, unremarkable irishman in his late twentys, running an internet forum in his (spare) time, with a stack of hideous debt, a missus the other side of the world, and a leg so fucked up even taking a shit is deemed virtually unachievable.

Oh do shut up you moody fool.

You're hardly shy at poking fun when required yourself.

Mark, you should get talking to her "accidentally on purpose" if you know what i mean....

This way, no matter what happens, you won't look like a twat..

Just jump onto a machine beside her, pretending not to even notice her and take it from there.

Works a treat.

(well for me anyway because i'm great :wink: )

anfieldanfield said:
Ryan said:

Hahahaha. You're the strangest 19 year old I've ever come across.

And Top Marks for the use of "unkempt" it's a great word, even if I'm not 100% how to pronounce it.

Marky18 said:
Colemere said:
Either talk to her or if she goes in by herself ask her if she would like a gym partner.

Cheers mate, thanks for a decent and logical suggestion unlike those from the 'let's try to be funny all the time', 'lets take the piss', 'lets be sarcastic' all the fucking time gang.

The best way to score points with a woman is to make her laugh.

Helps if you look good aswell, of course.

Brendan said:
anfieldanfield said:
Ryan said:

He's terribly 'on edge' isn't he?

I'm trying to recall if I was so snappy when I was 19. He went off in a huff the other day cos i called him "spoilt".

He doesn't work.
Doesn't go to Uni.
Treks round South America and Amsterdam when it takes his fancy.
And offers absurd amounts of money for FA Cup final tickets.

I thought it was a decent assumption to make.

Nic-flush83 said:
Mark, you should get talking to her "accidentally on purpose" if you know what i mean....

This way, no matter what happens, you won't look like a twat..

Just jump onto a machine beside her, pretending not to even notice her and take it from there.

Works a treat.

(well for me anyway because i'm great :wink: )

I don't get it, how the hell will that work?

I mean, say, the bike beside her.

Wait for something to happen that you can remark on to break the ice...like when she uses her towell to wipe the sweat off her face....

Say something simple like" a little tired are we".

Just something simple to make her crack a smile and then start off a conversation.

P.s, no doubt Ryan or Brendan will respond to this post but take no notice, i've had more women at 23 than the 2 of them together will have in their lifetime..

Nic-flush83 said:

Wait for something to happen that you can remark on to break the ice...like when she uses her towell to wipe the sweat off her face....

Just something simple to make her crack a smile and then start off a conversation.

P.s, no doubt Ryan or Brendan will respond to this post but take no notice, i've had more women at 23 than the 2 of them together will have in their lifetime..

Cheers bud, i'll take your advice on board.

Nic-flush83 said:

Why on Earth would I need to respond to that with something witty?

You've succeeded in making a big enough cock out of yourself in the last 3/4 months, without me having to compund it yet further.

You're 9/11. On the Internet.

So how would you break the ice?

Something like "Fancy riding something other than that bike darling"?

Nic-flush83 said:

Who says Romance is dead?

Nic-flush83 said:

I'd hand her a business card with the address for your mytard site on it, and the tag "I'm the complete opposite to this" underneath it.

She'd be mine in no time.

Nic-flush83 said:

Thats brilliant
:lol:
I might use that when i start back at college

IGotALuvlyBunchOfCoconuts said:
Forget a watch, ask for the time. If she tells you there's clocks all over the gym, tell her you can't tell the time.

eyebrow.gif

Paddy said:
Pretend to be bent.
Befriend her.
Then revert.
Easy.

Then you get a kick in the balls for being devious and dishonest :shock:

Nic-flush83 said:
Forget a watch, ask for the time. If she tells you there's clocks all over the gym, tell her you can't tell the time.

eyebrow.gif

Oh alright, that one only works on blondes.

Just build up the courage to talk to her, try to be smooth and be relaxed, if she see's you're tense and don't look comfortable then she will probably feel the same.

You can start off by mentioning something gym related. Be nice, smile (but not too much or she'll think you're weird), be natural.

Paddy said:
Colemere said:
Paddy said:
Pretend to be bent.
Befriend her.
Then revert.
Easy.

Then you get a kick in the balls for being devious and dishonest :shock:

Nah.Just say it wasn't your scene.
Say she was the reason you converted.

You can't befriend her though because then you just become a mate who she tells secrets and calls when she is down and needs cheering up.

Nic-flush83 said:

eyebrow.gif

Oh alright, that one only works on blondes.

Just build up the courage to talk to her, try to be smooth and be relaxed, if she see's you're tense and don't look comfortable then she will probably feel the same.

You can start off by mentioning something gym related. Be nice, smile (but not too much or she'll think you're weird), be natural.

She is a blonde actually, there's many a nice looking lady at my Gym, probably on par with the one i'm one about but this one in particular has caught my eye. Just something about her.

Ryan said:
Brendan said:
anfieldanfield said:
Ryan said:

He's terribly 'on edge' isn't he?

I'm trying to recall if I was so snappy when I was 19. He went off in a huff the other day cos i called him "spoilt".

He doesn't work.
Doesn't go to Uni.
Treks round South America and Amsterdam when it takes his fancy.
And offers absurd amounts of money for FA Cup final tickets.

I thought it was a decent assumption to make.

This is rude and condescending at best and just plain malicious at worst.

You don’t know the first thing about me Ryan, and I most certainly do not have to justify myself, or the way I was brought up to you on an internet forum. For you to launch such a personal and judgemental bout of abuse, stemming from little more than spiteful (and incorrect) guesswork is a horrible, horrible way to spend your afternoon, when you start making personal comments about someone you’ve never met, you’re in real danger of crossing a line.

I don’t think anyone’s ever said anything quite as vindictive to me on the internet, I’m almost certain I’ve never sunk low enough to attack someone in such a way on here. No doubt this will be greeted with that heady blend of profanities and sarcasm and from the forum hierarchy, I clearly do not expect an out pouring of support, but I honestly believe more and more feel the same way, you should tone it down, or at the very least, keep the ‘banter’ indirect.

I always thought DJS was a bit of a twat for five years on Koptalk, when I met him he came across as a really nice fella, I can only hope you are the same, because there are times when you leap from friendly and rather amusing to astonishingly callous over the internet in a matter of seconds.

Call me a self-righteous, over elaborate wanker if you so desire. I'm not wrong about this.

I’ll make the (‘translation; I’m a spoilt cunt’ gag now to save you some time)

RafasShanksLC said:
Marky18 said:
that goes to the same Gym as i do, haven't spoken to her or ought but anyway it's getting a bit worrying now.
Any advice lads?

Let the Lovechild guide you.

Next time you see her, wait until she is on some equipment and use whatever is next to her. Then after a bit, make a little joke about being knackered or something similar. It will break the ice and hopefully lead into a conversation.

You will know within the first 30 seconds whether she is interested or not. Dont be scared of rejection, it happens to the best.

Not me of course.

Rafa knows.

Exactly, just be relaxed and yourself and make a little joke or whatever. As Rafa says, you'll know if she's interested just from her response. She'll either be polite but not forthcoming or she'll be friendly and give you space to involve her more.

Go go go.

Or if the concept of talking to a female with a pulse is somewhat daunting initially, then just make eye contact and smile.

Back
Top Bottom