• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I want to win shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep selling our best players and either fail to replace them, or we replace them with lesser quality, then it's going to be a longtime coming.

I couldn't give a fuck about Coutinho though, he plays for them now, I had no desire to see him granted his "dream" nor do I want to champion him or support him in winning trophies for another club.

Our club and the players who currently play for us are more important to me as a Liverpool fan. I couldn't give a fuck what Rafa is doing at Newcastle either, or Lucas in Italy. If we're going to get into that sort of territory and mentality, I'll be wishing Sammy Lee the best at Everton. Yeah right.

I agree to an extent Mark but the problem is the comment is deeper than Coutinho going right?

Our best player has gone to Barcelona because he believes he will win stuff there. And not here.

That's the long and short of it.

All of the players in our first team will be lucky to win ONE or two trophies in their career if they stay with us.

Coutinho will win 2 this year in Spain.
Can will win 2 next year in Italy or Germany.

Surely this was posted not for us to support Coutinho in his quest for trophies but to highlight that he didn't see any realistic prospect of trophies with us. Sad to say but i share his pessimism when it comes to us obtaining silverware especially in domestic cup competitions where our performances lately have been very poor. Whether that's down to the club, manager or players not taking them seriously enough I don't know but it's apparent that we are consistently out fought and at times it's been embarrassing.
When the manager of a self proclaimed big club says he doesn't feel under pressure to win trophies then something isn't right.

The only chance we have of beating this conundrum. Is buy buying seven starlets and converting them into world class players in three seasons. Whilst buying at least one top target per window. Easy.

I agree to an extent Mark but the problem is the comment is deeper than Coutinho going right?

Our best player has gone to Barcelona because he believes he will win stuff there. And not here.

All of the players in our first team will be lucky to win ONE or two trophies in their career if they stay with us.

I still believe that anyone saying .. I came here (wherever here is) to win trophies, is really just a cover for ... I came here for bucket loads more dosh. Very few are in the position to be able to pick and choose based on the potential for that team to win trophies. No matter how romantic that notion seems to the fans that isn't the reality of the world we live in,

Exactafuckingmundo.

If we won a fa cup / league cup would it make a difference Big players want the big trophies or bug wages. Sadly we don’t do either so our problems are more acute.

If we won a fa cup / league cup would it make a difference Big players want the big trophies or bug wages. Sadly we don’t do either so our problems are more acute.
Would have made some difference but I think main thing is competing, not being out of every race by January.

Would have made some difference but I think main thing is competing, not being out of every race by January.
Wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever. Barca and Real Madrid get the majority of players they want. Ronaldo was winning stuff at manure but real madrid wanted him so he left. No matter what we won coutinho would have gone to barcelona. i don't blame him for that, he's south american.

You mean getting raped in the Europa League final?
If he put in a decent performance rather than disappearing like he did in the league cup final, I'd cut him some slack.

Nah. That's bollocks.

As far as winning trophies are concerned ? Not about the trophies at all, just take a look at the increase in his salary. Barca and RM pay an insane amount to their top earners.

Man's a shithouse

What he means is he wants to win trophies where he doesn't have to give 100% more often than not.

He can fuck off.
I think he wants to win shit without having to carry us to wins like Gerrard or maybe Suarez.

I think he wants to win shit without having to carry us to wins like Gerrard or maybe Suarez.
As one of best players that's what's expected of him

He wants trophies without the effort

Last edited:

Yes but why is winning anything even important?
As long as we make our owners wealthier, we are exceeding expectations as a business entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom