• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Huntelaar Fancies United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roopy

Very Active
Ajax forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has revealed his desire to follow in the footsteps of compatriot Ruud Van Nistelrooy and star for Manchester United.

Huntelaar is one of the most sought-after commodities in this transfer window, with Real Madrid also competing for his signature.

The striker’s Ajax departure now looks imminent after the Amsterdam club smashed the Dutch transfer record with the signing of Miralem Sulejmani from Heerenveen.

Ajax have slapped a £20 million price tag on Huntelaar’s head, which could deter potential suitors. However, the player is adamant that a move to Old Trafford would be his preference.

Huntelaar has an outstanding scoring record for Ajax, with 70 goals in just over 80 league appearances for the club. He has also netted eight strikes in 13 international outings.

He now hopes to emulate his Oranje team-mate Ruud Van Nistelrooy, who spent five fruitful seasons at Manchester United.

He told the Dutch media: "I love clubs with great history like Ajax. I also love United. It`s a club that makes me dream, especially as Ruud van Nistelrooy played there and did great things with them.

“I know certain English clubs are following me, like Manchester United, who are very interested in me."

He's not half the player Ruud was when he was at Utd. I'd be suprised if they spent £20M on him.

you should be bothered - he's just as good a finisher as Ruud AND scores goals from outside the box unlike Ruud. Oh well ... #18 is up for them.

He is a very good player and he's young. I think United are going to be very difficult to beat even if they don't buy one player, let alone a player of Huntelaar's ability. He's a much better option than Berbatov imo.

We'd want to start signing some quality players, fast!

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=24997.msg611057#msg611057 date=1215284055]
Riding through the Glen.
[/quote]

Oh his own?

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=24997.msg611036#msg611036 date=1215281119]
you should be bothered - he's just as good a finisher as Ruud AND scores goals from outside the box unlike Ruud. Oh well ... #18 is up for them.
[/quote]

Isn't he pretty slow though? As in just a little bit quicker than Crouch-kind of speed? Have never watched much of him.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=24997.msg611083#msg611083 date=1215286540]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=24997.msg611057#msg611057 date=1215284055]
Riding through the Glen.
[/quote]

Oh his own?
[/quote]

I don't think he's into threesomes but I could be wrong. Glen definitely isn't.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=24997.msg611118#msg611118 date=1215289089]
[quote author=Asim link=topic=24997.msg611083#msg611083 date=1215286540]
Riding through the Glen.
[/quote]

Oh his own?
[/quote]

I don't think he's into threesomes but I could be wrong. Glen definitely isn't.
[/quote]

Not a band of merry men running around then?

[quote author=juniormember link=topic=24997.msg611115#msg611115 date=1215288872]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=24997.msg611036#msg611036 date=1215281119]
[/quote]

Isn't he pretty slow though? As in just a little bit quicker than Crouch-kind of speed? Have never watched much of him.
[/quote]

he's not the fastest but he's the best finisher the dutch have produced since RvN, and he's in that class. He lives in the box (which no Manure strikers do currently) and the ball always finds his boot (see his goal in the Euro, 1 game, 1 goal). I could care less if a striker is as entertaining to watch as Mr. Torres or not, their job is to finish and few are as capable as Huntelaar in the finishing department. He's the 'closest' I've seen to the young Fowler - he scores goals from everywhere (perhaps the only department he's 'weak' at is long distance shots)

Dirk Kuyt looked like a Van Nistelrooy in the Dutch League.

Forgive me if im a bit speculative about Mr. Huntelaar for the mean time.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=24997.msg611177#msg611177 date=1215297489]
Dirk Kuyt looked like a Van Nistelrooy in the Dutch League.

Forgive me if im a bit speculative about Mr. Huntelaar for the mean time.
[/quote]

he really didn't ... huntelaar's record with Ajax and heerneven piss on Kuyt's record with Feyenoord - Just look at their int'l records and how many starts/sub appearances they had ... That tells a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom