• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How good is this team?

Tall Paul Gorst and gremlin Pearce were ready to release the story. The club got in there first.

Sorry I did not make it clear, We chose to signed Mac,Szobo and Endo when we could have signed Jude. Mistake num' 1
And not selling Salah when we could have done so was mistake num'2
We did need three midfielders not one, but had we agreed to sell Salah earlier we may have had the dough to get Bellingham instead of SoBoss.

We did need three midfielders not one, but had we agreed to sell Salah earlier we may have had the dough to get Bellingham instead of SoBoss.
I said some where on SCM before that we where looking to buy Caicedo £111m; on one player. And that Real paid £88.5 for Bellingham, Who wanted to sign for us, so we could have sign Jude and Mac for £123.5m
Mac Cost £35m Szobo £60m and Endo £16m Total £111m same price the were will to spend on Caicedo, and for an extra £12.5m we could have had Mac and Jude

There’s more to the Bellingham deal than the transfer fee. We were blown out of the water by agent fees and his contract which we couldn’t match.

It would never be that simple for Bellingham. If we had bid £90m Real would have bid 100 etc etc. It was never happening.

We were a mixed bag since the Brentford game. We've lost the league that much is certain, I am not going escape goat anyone.
Everyone seems to be piling on Nunez who has 31 GAs to his name Yes, he has been shit lately.
FSG should have sold Salah as Klopp had handed his notice in, they would have had £150m, that's on them
Klopp looks tired and with the personnel we have, the style he wants to play isn't working. I look at how the Arse play and its very reminiscent of us going back 3 years. We need younger and hungrier players.
We have 3 players leaving, and as much as I want to say sell Jota, Salah and Diaz, it will be disastrous. I think Salah's time at Liverpool has run its course, and he needs to be sold. Diaz, if a great offer comes for him or Jota (but not both).

The defence is where major surgery is required.

Klopp should have told Ulla and no one else.

But ultimately while that might be a factor - the biggest variable is without a doubt the lack of ability to score goals since the end of Feb. The front players not finishing off games is ultimately why we led into this crisis of confidence.

So I’m not going on a journey of exploring what happened myself. We know this is the reason that triggered the collapse in confidence.

We have five forward players and only one is able to score with ease and he’s always injured.

I think he had to do it.
Klopp should have told Ulla and no one else.

But ultimately while that might be a factor - the biggest variable is without a doubt the lack of ability to score goals since the end of Feb. The front players not finishing off games is ultimately why we led into this crisis of confidence.

So I’m not going on a journey of exploring what happened myself. We know this is the reason that triggered the collapse in confidence.

We have five forward players and only one is able to score with ease and he’s always injured.
He couldn't have done that. It would have leaked.

Not if it’s just him and his family talking.

But that’s NOT why we collapsed.

We collapsed because we have a StrikeForce that doesn’t convert chanced in tight games

Last edited:
Not if it’s just him and his family talking.

But that’s why we collapsed.

We collapsed because we have a StrikeForce that doesn’t convert chanced in tight games

You don't think the club needed to learn that they needed to replace the manager with enough time to react? You think klopp would be cool with renewing contracts of players knowing he was equivocating?

I’m positive about next season. We just need to get through this nightmare period first - and use the negative information to make some tough, but necessary decisions.
It's probably good to see who should really be a part of the core (Diaz) and who should leave (Salah) etc

You don't think the club needed to learn that they needed to replace the manager with enough time to react? You think klopp would be cool with renewing contracts of players knowing he was equivocating?
I’m sure there will be contractual / legal issues to sort out. It’s not very often a manager just decides to quit.

Even if I was to leave my job, I’m expected to provide at least 3 months notice.

I think it was a price worth paying to win the league.

But I was missing a "NOT" in my prior comments. We can go back and forth on his decision.

But if we had strikers who could finish - we wouldn't even be talking about this.

But if we had strikers who could finish - we wouldn't even be talking about this.

I don't find this persuasive. We haven't played that well all season. The goals we give up are just as ugly as the goals we miss scoring.

The overall play of Salah and Nunez was bad, and Salah hasn't played well for most of this season. You can say he made up for it with the goals earlier in the season, but I didn't see it that way. This team isn't fixed by better finishing. The strikers need to do other things to contribute to attack. Salah has been shit at helping us move up the pitch most of the season. Nunez seemed to be learning how to do just that, and now has fallen apart. Diaz... can dribble.

I don't find this persuasive. We haven't played that well all season. The goals we give up are just as ugly as the goals we miss scoring.

The overall play of Salah and Nunez was bad, and Salah hasn't played well for most of this season. You can say he made up for it with the goals earlier in the season, but I didn't see it that way. This team isn't fixed by better finishing. The strikers need to do other things to contribute to attack. Salah has been shit at helping us move up the pitch most of the season. Nunez seemed to be learning how to do just that, and now has fallen apart. Diaz... can dribble.

Deffo defensive issues. But isn't there always some plumbing to fix?

If we had finished off the United with the Gazillion chances we had. Palace too - Jones for one, and all those other chances. And Diaz and his SITTER against Citeh, we would be in a MUCH different position confidence wise. Which changes the Everton game.

I actually think this team is and was the best in the league and should have found a way to be crowned champions. The pressure got to us, and I think the leadership on and off the pitch has dropped off and allowed levels in concentration to drop.

However I don't think we are or have been a bad team. In every game we've dropped points in.. every single one.. we have actually created the better chances and either missed by fine margins or just failed at the critical shooting moment. However as a team in almost every game this season we have made more and better chances than the opposition.

There is a lack of killer instinct from the players we need it from. But up until a month ago I was and would argue with anyone who felt we didn't deserve to be top. We did, easily.

I think we've been a fundamentally flawed team all season and the results and heroics papered over it. The stats told a different story and I eventually began to concede that maybe what I saw each week wasn't reality.

And then all our debts from the first half of the season came due and it's all unravelled of late.

I definitely don't think we're the best team around. That's Arsenal and a not-quite-their-best City. We're fortunate that Chelsea and United are complete turd, Newcastle is tied up in FFP and Spurs and Spurs.

We're a good but not great team who overachieved and got hopes up. We'll see which direction we go next season, whether we develop on new foundations or have been emotionally and physically devastated.

I think we're an excellent team that are shooting blanks up front. And that's caused our confidence to collapse. Yes there are other issues, but none intractable. It's really that simple. Oh yeah TAA can't defend. But that's not new.

I think saying this side overachieved is an excuse. I don’t think it has. Every side we have beaten you’d expect us to go out and beat. Look at our record against the rest of the top 6. We only beat Villa (so far) and we have been robbed in 3 other of those. The rest of the league we should be putting to the sword regardless.

We through away silly points but the league isn’t strong. Far from it. Yea we had players out for long spells but we had players ready to come in and do a job because they do that job at a different level within the club. Even with the players I despise or want to boot out of the club, they should be better than half this league.

The reason we aren’t top is 3 fold. Slow starts, naive defending at times and firing blanks when it really matters. You can add VAR to that too.

Saying we’ve overachieved is when you look at what most of us expected at the start of the season which was top 4 and a decent cup run. Looking back it’s a missed opportunity because the league is wank. Most of it absolutely wank. We were in a boss position and pissed it up the fucking wall. That’s down to some of the spineless wankers we need to get rid of.

We've over-achieved because of Klopp, we all know that. We don't spend as heavily as the others. So, the weight on the new manager is immense. I can't see it ending well to be honest, a la Wenger and Ferguson. I can't help but feel the chances of anyone coming in and keeping us at this level are low, to say the least. Hope to God I'm wrong.

Bollocks. We gave Klopp boss players. Then went on a mad spree buying shit. Now the adults are back in charge of players.

Bollocks. We gave Klopp boss players. Then went on a mad spree buying shit. Now the adults are back in charge of players.

I wouldn’t get carried away with the spreadsheet boys. Their analysis suggested Aspas was a good player for example.

Our signings improved significantly after Klopp had a say too.

The spreadsheet boys have all their power now and I don’t know how much fun this experiment will be, but let’s see

Reactions: jan
It all went to shit from Thiago. Who have we bought since then that’s actually any good and done it for more than 3 months? Mac Allister?

I would never sell Jota, yes he's injured a lot but that's a player who performs when fit. A good player to have in the squad.
We need to get rid of Nunez.
I think saying this side overachieved is an excuse. I don’t think it has. Every side we have beaten you’d expect us to go out and beat. Look at our record against the rest of the top 6. We only beat Villa (so far) and we have been robbed in 3 other of those. The rest of the league we should be putting to the sword regardless.

We through away silly points but the league isn’t strong. Far from it. Yea we had players out for long spells but we had players ready to come in and do a job because they do that job at a different level within the club. Even with the players I despise or want to boot out of the club, they should be better than half this league.

The reason we aren’t top is 3 fold. Slow starts, naive defending at times and firing blanks when it really matters. You can add VAR to that too.

Saying we’ve overachieved is when you look at what most of us expected at the start of the season which was top 4 and a decent cup run. Looking back it’s a missed opportunity because the league is wank. Most of it absolutely wank. We were in a boss position and pissed it up the fucking wall. That’s down to some of the spineless wankers we need to get rid of.
Absolutely spot on.

Didn't the win against Fulham give you a hint?
A few changes and suddenly we looked absolutely fine again.
Klopp, the hard headed bastard, reverts back to the Palace team afterwards and we're back to square one again. Gravenberch who fucking scored doesn't get a minute on the pitch. WTF?!

I mean, we won the League Cup, Q/F of Europa League, Q/F of FA Cup and only dropped out of the title race with 5-6 games to go.

That’s pretty fucking good for a “transition” season.

Despite the change in management l, if the appointment is good and knows how to make good use of the talent we have in a similar system, then there’s no reason to suspect we can’t be in the mix next season.

A total fuck up would be appointing a manager that wanted to change our entire system and way of playing and bring in loads of new players - that’s how you fuck things up.

What us surprising is the amount of people that seem to want to actively fuck us up - as if their life wouldn’t be worth living unless they had something to bitch about.

Last edited:

Nah. It's just that a few of our rivals have continued to underachieve. If you want to say that they're genuinely shit and we finished about where we deserved, I'm ok with that.

But Chelsea and United both continuing to struggle isn't something I would have banked on I August, although long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom