• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

(He's alive) Aubameyang

Status
Not open for further replies.
So - we spend most of our time bemoaning the fact that we spend too much time & effort signing potential (only for them to leave if they're any good).

Then we get linked to a top quality player who would slot in to any top team in the world.

You'd think we'd be overjoyed.

Nope - "he's too old" - "we'll only get 2 Top seasons out of him".

Fucking hell.

Sign the fucker - let's get 2 top seasons out of him and worry about it in 2 years.

According to Paul Joyce we are not pursuing Aubameyang and are continuing to negotiate for Naby Keita.

Liverpool & Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

When it comes to Liverpool news, few journalists are more in-the-know that Paul Joyce, and on Tuesday morning the Times reporter has delivered bad news to Reds fans.

In a blow to supporters’ hopes, it’s been confirmed that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be joining Liverpool this summer.
Contradicting claims last weekend from Le Parisien that the Reds were ready to pay Borussia Dortmund 70 million euros for the 27-year-old Gabonese international, the Times categorically claim the story is nonsense. Readers are informed:
There is no interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Sources in Germany claim the striker did not enjoy a good relationship with Klopp when they worked together.

Well, thats not the kind of news we want to hear!

On the positive front it may spell relief for those in the Keita camp. There are rumours they ran out of beer and any food other than Morrisons own brand supernoodles 4 or 5 days ago, and their campsite has become a lawless wasteland.

On the positive front it may spell relief for those in the Keita camp. There are rumours they ran out of beer and any food other than Morrisons own brand supernoodles 4 or 5 days ago, and their campsite has become a lawless wasteland.
I've been forced to drink Carling for the last week. CARLING!!!

It's inhuman!

According to Paul Joyce we are not pursuing Aubameyang and are continuing to negotiate for Naby Keita.

When it comes to Liverpool news, few journalists are more in-the-know that Paul Joyce, and on Tuesday morning the Times reporter has delivered bad news to Reds fans.

In a blow to supporters’ hopes, it’s been confirmed that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be joining Liverpool this summer.
Contradicting claims last weekend from Le Parisien that the Reds were ready to pay Borussia Dortmund 70 million euros for the 27-year-old Gabonese international, the Times categorically claim the story is nonsense. Readers are informed:
Sources in Germany claim the striker did not enjoy a good relationship with Klopp when they worked together.

Those sources in Germany don't square with direct quotes from the player about Klopp that I've seen, and it was "The Times" which broke the "story" back in the day that the Chinese were going to buy the club. We'll see.

Lacazette presses harder and plays effectively anywhere across the front three .. im not sure what you're basing any of the above on?

Fair enough. I've seen both of them play a few times and based my views on that, but you may have seen more of them than I have.

So - we spend most of our time bemoaning the fact that we spend too much time & effort signing potential (only for them to leave if they're any good).

Then we get linked to a top quality player who would slot in to any top team in the world.

You'd think we'd be overjoyed.

Nope - "he's too old" - "we'll only get 2 Top seasons out of him".

Fucking hell.

Sign the fucker - let's get 2 top seasons out of him and worry about it in 2 years.

He's got a good 6 years left in him ffs....

What the feck is wrong with people, hes one of the best strikers in the world.... we would be bloody lucky to have him!

He's got a good 6 years left in him ffs....

What the feck is wrong with people, hes one of the best strikers in the world.... we would be bloody lucky to have him!
An hour ago I 100% agreed with this, but then I read Paul Joyce's comments, so now my opinion has changed to : he would be a waste of money, too old, past his best and would not fit in Klopp's system. Bullet dodged as far as I am (now) concerned.

An hour ago I 100% agreed with this, but then I read Paul Joyce's comments, so now my opinion has changed to : he would be a waste of money, too old, past his best and would not fit in Klopp's system. Bullet dodged as far as I am (now) concerned.

DAMN YOU Tom Brown!

Lucky I couldn't get any cheap flights over then !

Yeah you're right,

we should persist with Danny Ings and Solanke..... more future potential and sell on value.

If signing VVD, regardless of the cost was going to be a "statement"...

... then I'd take signing Aubameyang, for about the same amount, any day of the week.

Big fan of Firmino - recognise his limitations - but this guy - if there's any chance - we should be all over it.

Fuck that. If Studge, with all his issues and weirdness, can enjoy some sort of relationship to Klopp I am convinced Aubumsomething can too.

Well, this was the story last year:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang lauds Jurgen Klopp by insisting Liverpool boss played major role in his rise to the top

By Anthony Hay for MailOnline
PUBLISHED: 15:04, 27 March 2016 | UPDATED: 15:05, 27 March 2016

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has lavished praise on Jurgen Klopp by insisting the Liverpool boss played an influential role in his recent success.
Klopp put his faith in the Gabon international when he purchased the striker from Saint-Etienne in July 2013 during his successful managerial spell at Borussia Dortmund.
The 26-year-old has gone onto become one of the most prolific strikers in Europe and the Manchester United target believes he would not be the same player if it wasn't for Klopp.
3298109700000578-0-image-m-2_1459086652513.jpg

+5

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang believes he would not be the player he is today if it wasn't for Jurgen Klopp
329810A300000578-0-image-a-4_1459086726032.jpg

Liverpool boss Klopp brought Gabon international Aubameyang to Dortmund from Saint-Etienne in 2013

AUBAMEYANG'S KEY STATISTICS

2008–2011: Milan 0 apps (0 goals)
2008–2009: Dijon (loan) 39 (10)
2009–2010: Lille (loan) 24 (2)
2010–2011: Monaco (loan) 23 (2)
2011–2013: Saint-Etienne 96 (41)
2013– : Borussia Dortmund 134 (76)

Aubameyang, speaking to The Fucking Rag , said of the German tactician: 'Klopp explained that when you come to play for Dortmund, the first season always happens in this way — it’s an apprenticeship.
'He helped me to understand that things would be better the next season.
'He told me, "I know that you young players want everything right away. But you have to learn".
'I worked hard in training, I stayed behind after training. That’s what helped me to shine in the Bundesliga because I scored quite a lot of goals despite some difficult games in the league.

'Klopp gave me strength of character and helped me progress. He’s a charismatic person and I have a lot of respect for this man.'
Aubameyang, who has scored 22 goals in 25 league appearances for Dortmund so far this season, could go up against Klopp's Liverpool next season if Manchester United get their way.
The Red Devils are hoping to beat off competition from Arsenal to sign Aubameyang during the summer transfer window but will have to fork out £70million if they want to land the highly sought-after striker.
Aubameyang is contracted to the Bundesliga outfit until 2020 but the club could be tempted into selling their star asset if United meet their demands.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...played-major-role-rise-top.html#ixzz4kYD1Cnys
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'Laud' and 'lavished' seem over the top when you read the quote

I don't think laud is over the top. He gives him praise: 'Klopp gave me strength of character and helped me progress. He’s a charismatic person and I have a lot of respect for this man.'

I remember before the Europa game he also said he was looking forward to having a chat with Klopp. I don't think they're sucking each other's dicks but the idea that they're at each others throats also sounds unlikely.

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has set a £63m asking price for Liverpool transfer target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, stating that the club will listen to any offer which shows “its appreciation” for the forward in “a financial way”.
Liverpool have been linked to the in-demand forward, who scored 42 goals for club and country last season, as Jurgen Klopp looks to bolster his squad ahead of the new campaign.
Aubameyang has spoken publicly of his desire to leave Dortmund, stating in January that “If I want to go to the next level, I need to leave in summer”, and Watze has confirmed that the club are willing to sell the player

The forward had initially looked set for a summer move to Paris Saint-Germain but despite making an official approach, the Ligue 1 side pulled out in a development that opens the door to Liverpool and other interested parties.
3And speaking to Bild, Watzke revealed that any offers worth £63m and beyond for Aubameyang would bring Dortmund to the transfer table.
“We will listen to it when a club is willing to show its appreciation for Aubameyang in a financial way as well,” he said

“If an official bid were to reach more than £63million, it would have to be reported as a necessary to proceed. This has not happened so far.”
The Gabonese forward has scored a total of 85 goals from 125 appearances for Borussia Dortmund, and has been crowned the Bundesliga top scorer, Bundesliga player of the year and African footballer of the year during his time in Germany.

£63m ? how has he not been snapped up by any of the big clubs already ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom