• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Harry Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Scored two against Spurs today. One was another set piece beauty.

I have not been following him closely though.

Would you see a future for him at the club?

Scored two against Spurs today. One was another set piece beauty.

I have not been following him closely though.

Would you see a future for him at the club?
Nope.
Remember Matthew Taylor? Former Portsmouth player, used to score spectacular goals. That's pretty much Harry Wilson.
He's just not good enough for us. Just watch him play for 90 mins, screw the YouTube highlight reel.
I saw him play for the reserves and Derby. He just isn't a player in the Klopp mould. People wonder why Shaq isn't getting any time, you think Wilson will instead?

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's just that this has been done to death.

He'll top up the summer splurge fund nicely.

Just doesn't have enough about him to make it at the very top level, will be a good solid Prem player for most of his career with maybe a goal of the season to tell the grandkids about, but not for us unfortunatey.

Young guy with potential. Should come handy but no rush to bring him back yet. He will not take a key position here now.

If Lallana and Milner are moving on dont we need to bring in a couple more home grown players?

Im not as convinced as others he cant be moulded into a useful squad player. Particularly in a squad where there is very little goal threat from midfield or long range.

If he gets 10 goals from midfield in his debut season of premier league football we would be crazy not to give him a chance.

Klopp just confirmed my thoughts about Wilson.

Klopp also insisted that Harry Wilson can still be a success at Liverpool as the Reds head to Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon. The Wales international was loaned to the Cherries back in the summer and is ineligible for the game at the Vitality Stadium.

The Reds boss says Wilson needs to improve a number of attacking aspects of his game but believes he can still have a place in his Reds squad next season.

"Can he succeed? Of course, that's why we loaned him so he can make the steps," Klopp said.

"It would have been difficult for Harry and I would have loved to have had him here if we had another choice, especially when Shaq (Xherdan Shaqiri) was injured, you want to have these kinds of players, but that is not the moment to decide.

"All the players we sent on loan have the chance to make it in the first team otherwise we would have sold them. His shooting is world class, that is how it is.

"Find me five players who shoot better than him, that is obvious, but the game is more and that is what he has to improve and that is clear. But to be involved as an offensive player you have to connect with other players.

"He has that, it is not like he doesn't, but to get to the next level, he needs game-time at the highest level and that is why we loaned him to Bournemouth."

Sauce: [bcolor=rgb(253, 251, 248)]www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-could-sign-striker-january-17376558[/bcolor]

If Lallana and Milner are moving on dont we need to bring in a couple more home grown players?

Im not as convinced as others he cant be moulded into a useful squad player. Particularly in a squad where there is very little goal threat from midfield or long range.

If he gets 10 goals from midfield in his debut season of premier league football we would be crazy not to give him a chance.
Mark Maddock reckons Millie will stay another season. I reckon he's right.

Mark Maddock reckons Millie will stay another season. I reckon he's right.

Do you reckon if Leeds get promoted and we win a specific trophy that shall remain unnamed he might fancy that?

I don’t mind either way - perfect professional and still more than capable physically.

Do you reckon if Leeds get promoted and we win a specific trophy that shall remain unnamed he might fancy that?

I don’t mind either way - perfect professional and still more than capable physically.
Well in that scenario you have first to assume Leeds would want, and could afford, him!

I don't know. He is a very valuable member of the squad behind the scenes too. The thought of Leeds maybe romantic but more trophies and helping (& learning management & tactics from the best) LFC may be even more attractive. Especially when one imagines we will be paying him substantially more than Leeds could afford.

I imagine , if we remain at the level were currently at and his involvement remains at the same level, he would stay as long as the club needs him to on the basis he should be getting trophies

If Lallana goes, Wilson will be a good replacement. Right age, potential and packs a shot which none of our midfielders have.

Listening to Klopp he doesn’t rate Wilson’s game outside of free kicks at all

If Lallana goes, Wilson will be a good replacement. Right age, potential and packs a shot which none of our midfielders have.
According to Klopp world class. Needs to work on other aspects of his game but has a future here.

According to Klopp world class. Needs to work on other aspects of his game but has a future here.

No, no, no. He doesn't rate his game at all, did you not think that was completely obvious from the interview Froggy? He was just being nice with the World Class accolade, and the comments about him needing games to progress the rest of his game was really just Klopp code for "he's fucking shit".

We do need some HG players though. I guess a lot depends on what fee Wilson can fetch + our transfer dealings?

We do need some HG players though. I guess a lot depends on what fee Wilson can fetch + our transfer dealings?
Do we? I mean we got Jones and Elliott coming in. Hoever will count as Homegrown in a few years. I think we're good.

I think more likely we're still tracking his progress and whether he can make the step up Klopp will no doubt have discussed with him.

Do we? I mean we got Jones and Elliott coming in. Hoever will count as Homegrown in a few years. I think we're good.
Long term wise, yeah, no major worries. I think Grujic qualifies for HG status soon, too? I was just thinking if we have him in the squad, at least we can afford to loan out the likes of Jones, Elliot and Brewster if need be.

The 8 HG players from our 23 man 19/20 squad:
Christie-Davies, Isaac David*
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin*
Gomez, Joseph David*
Henderson, Jordan Brian*
Lallana, Adam David*
Lonergan, Andrew Michael*
Milner, James Philip*
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexander Mark David*

Long term wise, yeah, no major worries. I think Grujic qualifies for HG status soon, too? I was just thinking if we have him in the squad, at least we can afford to loan out the likes of Jones, Elliot and Brewster if need be.

The 8 HG players from our 23 man 19/20 squad:
Christie-Davies, Isaac David*
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin*
Gomez, Joseph David*
Henderson, Jordan Brian*
Lallana, Adam David*
Lonergan, Andrew Michael*
Milner, James Philip*
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexander Mark David*
At least two of those are likely to have left by next Summer and at least another two the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom