• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad - I hope your right. I fucking hate Spurs - I really do, its very difficult to accept what has happened to us since coming 2nd in the league and reaching all those CL semi-finals only a few seasons ago.

I am always right Moron....you know that.
I don't know why everyone is giving spurs so much credit, I think they punched above their weight last year and when Modric goes they are going to suffer. I also think that replacing Harry with AVB is a massive mistake. Not that I think Harry was a great manager , but he seemed to get the best out of people and was a shrewd wheeler dealer, as we have seen AVB is not good at either.

regards

As a club since we have hit rock bottom, why not put loads of messages for this player to get it a 100 pages at least, just to prove the point that we really are a desperate club now. It will be amazing if he signs for us won't it ?
Why are we a desperate club again?

I don't get why people are really poor, or calling this an 'embarrassing' thread etc ...

As Hansern said earlier, IF Rodgers really wanted him, we'd have offered him more. Until he proves me wrong, I just hope that means that Neymar and Ganso are going to be our key signings this summer.

I don't know why everyone is giving spurs so much credit, I think they punched above their weight last year and when Modric goes they are going to suffer. I also think that replacing Harry with AVB is a massive mistake. Not that I think Harry was a great manager , but he seemed to get the best out of people and was a shrewd wheeler dealer, as we have seen AVB is not good at either.

regards

Harry's shrewd wheeler dealer reputation doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

In general though I never got the hysteria either. 99% of players are going to take the higher offer - I don't get the massive surprise. I don't get the bollocks about "levels" the clubs are at.

It's all about the money.

And before people go and just decide he's a mercenary go and see Gerrard and Carraghers attitudes and responses to not being offered what they wanted in contracts.

They're all the same. Talk about matching ambitions, the direction of the club, or any such bollocks is all a cover story for seeking more money.

regards

This.

regards
Finishing 4th 5th and 4th for the last 3 years isn't classified as punching above their weight. Doing it once is fair enough, but not three years in a row. They are a good team.

Vlad's referring specifically to last season, when TBH one or two teams below them (notably LFC) let themselves down.

And before people go and just decide he's a mercenary go and see Gerrard and Carraghers attitudes and responses to not being offered what they wanted in contracts.

They're all the same. Talk about matching ambitions, the direction of the club, or any such bollocks is all a cover story for seeking more money.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. You can be motivated by all the right reasons and still try to get the best financial deal for doing so. That's different from a mercenary who'll just jump at the sight of the highest bidder.

Vlad's referring specifically to last season, when TBH one or two teams below them (notably LFC) let themselves down.

To be fair the team that let themselves down the most was Spurs; they're not likely to have to endure a 2 month period of their new manager being linked with the England job day in and day out. Till that point they were within 2 games of the summit.

I don't think Spurs punched above their weight; more likely they were under-performing in the previous two years. They're a good team and the only question now is whether Levy continues the project of looking for the title or decides that "top 4" is good enough.

AVB is a massive gamble but the team is well suited, imo, to the football he wants to play.

Er.....? Just because the meat and 2 veg have been removed, it doesn't equate to your second sentence. Or have I missed something?

STOP TRYING TO BE A SMART ARSE AND LOOKING FOR THINGS THAT AREN'T THERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom