• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Greatest Ever Tennis Player

Best ever men's tennis player

• Nadal

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Federer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bluebell

Well-Known
Growing up I remember the Ginger Manis and now convicted felon, Boris Becker but there have been no players as dominant as these 3
f_Federer-Djokovic-Nadal-Triad_MW_2018-08-26-1-1024x576.jpg

They're all so fucking good though - and so dominant.
To have 3 fucking stars all playing near/at their primes is insane ...
I think it will go down to personal preference, and/or who has won most majors.
I went with most majors, which I assume will be Joker.
But I'm happy if 1) Nadal 1) Federer 1) Joker

Djokovic. This guy has dominated for the last decade if not longer…if it wasn’t for injuries and his Covid stance that kept him out for 3-4 other tournaments, he would have about 26 grand slams by now.

Yep Greek Pete for me.
The Swede in me wants to say Björn Borg, but I never saw him play so...

Sampras at his peak would wipe the floor with all of them

I love Pete ... love him but I don't think he'd be able to cope with any of them - maybe at Wimbeldon.

I love Pete ... love him but I don't think he'd be able to cope with any of them - maybe at Wimbeldon.
This was old, balding and retired Sampras Vs peak Federer.

I've always thought that the reason why Federer was so dominant was because early in his career there was no Djokovic and Nadal, no one could match him. Compare that to when Sampras was playing.

This was old, balding and retired Sampras Vs peak Federer.

I've always thought that the reason why Federer was so dominant was because early in his career there was no Djokovic and Nadal, no one could match him. Compare that to when Sampras was playing.

Yes, Federer's early dominance was due to lack of competition, but once it came, he still was bloody dominant - just not as dominant.
It's like going from a 97 average to 93 - it's not *bad*!

As I said, I love Pete. Favorite player of all time ... but I think these 3 are ahead of him.

Those are the big headed, high tech racket all time greats.

But who were the wooden racket greats? Before power took over from panache, when tennis was more about tactics than a 160 MPH serve.

Here's one answer

bjorn-borg.jpg

Djokovic has been more consistent across all formats. The others have significant sets of majors in 1 particular discipline.

Likewise Serena.

Djokovic & Serena for me. He'd have won even more if he'd have stayed away from YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom