• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting to know you, getting to know....

Hi - I'm Lewy. I'm 37 from Buckinghamshire. I split my time working as a freelance script writer/supervisor and helping run the financial consultancy company that me and my wife set up 3 years ago. I've been a mad keen Liverpool fan since my Uncle bribed me with a shiny 50 pence piece when I was 4 years old. I rarely get the chance to go - Although I did travel up a few times last season with the help of fellow SCMers, Sunny, Woland, Spion et al.

I play the guitar and am the proud owner of a wine red Gibson ES-335 - I also have a lovely Martin&Co dreadnought that was a gift from my wife last x-mas. Two guitars that far outstrip any talent that I have unfortunately. I can play a bit of piano as well. I'm a big Jazz nut but love Country blues, 60s psychedelia, Bowie and The Floyd (Although I hate 'Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - But love 'Madcap Of Laughs') I'm also a big fan of vinyl collecting. My favourite being an original Rykodisc version of 'Fruit Tree' the Nick Drake box set.

My real passion in life though is cooking and travelling. I've been to a lot of places in the last 15 years but my favourite place is Japan where I lived for 3 years.

I'm a sucker for real crime stories, caramel ice-cream, giving directions to lost Americans, and I shamelessly love putting 'Riders On The Storm' on when it rains.

Nice to meet y'all.

I'm Modo.
I'm 29 going on the big 3-0
Born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden. I've lived here my entire life. Moved around a bit though (to other cities in Sweden).
My parents are east-African, Ethiopian/Eritrean.
I speak 4 languages fluently.
Im not married nor am I ready for that yet.
Graduated with honours.
Work in IT.
Been a fan all my life, I've been to a few matches.
I've played football my entire life but injuries and studies kinda crippled my dream of becoming professional.
I enjoy stand up comedy, live music and travelling.
I'm generally impatient. I get bored quite easily and I'm a bit lazy.
I hate social networks.
Xbox live is my second home during the winter.
I usually try to do new things from time to time. Often odd things.
Grew Cannabis.
Taught myself to play the guitar.
Repair electronics, Tv's, cellphones etc. Soldering and stuff.
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and I usually don't drink.
Most of the time I just lay on my couch and read rants on SCM.

I'm Modo.
I'm 29 going on the big 3-0
Born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden. I've lived here my entire life. Moved around a bit though (to other cities in Sweden).
My parents are east-African, Ethiopian/Eritrean.
I speak 4 languages fluently.
Im not married nor am I ready for that yet.
Graduated with honours.
Work in IT.
Been a fan all my life, I've been to a few matches.
I've played football my entire life but injuries and studies kinda crippled my dream of becoming professional.
I enjoy stand up comedy, live music and travelling.
I'm generally impatient. I get bored quite easily and I'm a bit lazy.
I hate social networks.
Xbox live is my second home during the winter.
I usually try to do new things from time to time. Often odd things.
Grew Cannabis.
Taught myself to play the guitar.
Repair electronics, Tv's, cellphones etc. Soldering and stuff.
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and I usually don't drink.
Most of the time I just lay on my couch and read rants on SCM.

Four? Fuck you man!

Haha...Swedish of course, English, learned German in school and my parents languages which is Arabic and Amharic. But I don''t speak Amharic fluently.

I'm stuck with Greek, I understand it quite well (not fluently) but I'm still not the best at speaking. Need to practice more but my job is all in English, everyone I work with all speak English and all my mates here all speak English.

I suppose I should go back to classes but they're bloody expensive.

I'm stuck with Greek, I understand it quite well (not fluently) but I'm still not the best at speaking. Need to practice more but my job is all in English, everyone I work with all speak English and all my mates here all speak English.

I suppose I should go back to classes but they're bloody expensive.
Haha Greek is so difficult to learn though. It's a completely different alphabet for starters.

Haha Greek is so difficult to learn though. It's a completely different alphabet for starters.

The alphabet is the easy part! It's phonetic so once you learn the alphabet you can read it, someone like yourself could probably learn the alphabet quite quickly. The grammar is the difficult part. Nouns have a gender and the adjective changes according to the gender, the definitive article varies depending on the gender and the case of the noun... It goes on!

The alphabet is the easy part! It's phonetic so once you learn the alphabet you can read it, someone like yourself could probably learn the alphabet quite quickly. The grammar is the difficult part. Nouns have a gender and the adjective changes according to the gender, the definitive article varies depending on the gender and the case of the noun... It goes on!

It's bascially the same in arabic but it comes natural to me due to learning from my parents.
I had a lot of trouble with german grammar. Definite articles der, das, die, den....(are all "the" in English).
I wish I chose to learn Spanish instead. German is such a isolated language.

I'm about to learn Spanish - Ordered my 'Rosetta Stone' 1-4 the other day. I can speak French and Japanese too (Japanese is surprisingly straight forward) and French is a joy to speak.

I'm about to learn Spanish - Ordered my 'Rosetta Stone' 1-4 the other day. I can speak French and Japanese too (Japanese is surprisingly straight forward) and French is a joy to speak.
Is it something you'd recommend?
I'm thinking of travelling to south america....

What learning Spanish for travelling around South America? Well it wouldn't hurt Modo. Of cause it depends where you are going. Most of the East side of South America speak Spanish (Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina). While most of the west side speak Portuguese (Brazil. Paraguay) The only country that speaks English is Guyana. Hope that helps.

Yeah man - Absolutely! Very comprehensive. I taught English for 3 years and it follows the same pattern as what I was teaching. I learnt French up to Level 4 with it as well. It took me about 6 months but I was very pleased. I visit France a lot so a winner all round. I usually skip the writing part as generally I just want to speak and understand it - The best bit about it you can schedule online 1-1 (Like facetime) with other learners or native speakers who want to learn English. That part is really useful as a multi lingual person such as yourself would know - Speaking is as much a confidence thing as anything.

It's not cheap though - I bought mine (And claimed it as a company expense 😉) But you can get torrents of it. Most of them are tricky though with all the serial keys etc that you need. Happy hunting!

Alright man. Pleased to welcome you to our community. What brings you to these strange shores?

Alright man. Pleased to welcome you to our community. What brings you to these strange shores?
Looking for a nice size forum that's not to big . use to post over on TIA but the its turned to shithole because of the admins .
Have been looking through the threads and there seems to be a decent enough crew here so decided to stay .

Been a Liverpool fan for over 40 years and have seen some great sides through that time but this one is special

Looking for a nice size forum that's not to big . use to post over on TIA but the its turned to shithole because of the admins .
Have been looking through the threads and there seems to be a decent enough crew here so decided to stay .

Been a Liverpool fan for over 40 years and have seen some great sides through that time but this one is special
Can't argue with that. Apart from the 'decent crew here'. We're all pretty much bastards, one way or t'other.

Can't argue with that. Apart from the 'decent crew here'. We're all pretty much bastards, one way or t'other.
Seems a step up on TIA. Double standards mods/admin where certain lads get afforded special privileges.
Enjoy good banter /arguments even when I'm shown up to been wrong but when you have a wanker reporting every post that you say boo to him you know its time to move on

Another newbie here hello all. Not as eloquent as others in my intro, but supported Liverpool since I was 5. Yet to experience a league title win but hoping to this year. 🙂

Work as a strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer. Maybe I should ring klopp about a job?😉:woot:

Back
Top Bottom