• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game Week 21 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think TAA is actually the shite defender everyone says he is. I think I thought he was an average defender because I was comparing him against players who people I thought were considered "good", despite all their flaws. But this weekend I've seen poor defending and goals scored against Walker, AWB, Trippier and Porro. All considered excellent to good defenders from their respective fan bases.

Maybe they're just average and TAA is fooking shite.

Last edited:
I'm annoyed. I dreamt that this would finish 2-2, but didn't do a bet

You dreamt about a Utd - Spurs match? Are you from Galway, living in Australia wearing a red dressing gown in Stevie's wardrobe?
Weirdly i dreamt I was in work, killing time, so I was on the BBC sport page and saw in the bottom corner it finished 2-2

What a load of defeatist pessimism in this thread.

City just got the same result against Newcastle away as we did, with just a couple of small differences - they played Newcastle when they are in the doldrums (FA cup win against a lower division side notwithstanding), and they needed 11 men on the pitch for 90+ minutes to do it.

Oh, and this is a Newcastle side that we recently beat comfortably, and, in reality, were very close to absolutely twatting - and before you say "yes should have twatted them but DIDN'T", remember that is the same argument you are using to defend the fact that City only won by a last minute goal.

We are two points ahead, we have City to play at home, we have only dropped 2 points at home all season and the collective wisdom is we are yet to hit our best form.

Sometimes it feels like a spurs forum on here
Its not a Spurs forum, but most people have experienced 3 close encounters with City... all three we have lost the title to them. So this nervousness and not over the top confidence is based on past experience.

Yeah, yer man in that vid talking up our chances discounted Villa precisely because of their more dodgy away form.

I see Dermot Gallagher thinks the Gusto challenge was a correctly given yellow card, but at the same time he said after the Spurs game that Jones tackle was worthy of a red card. Make it make sense.

I see Dermot Gallagher thinks the Gusto challenge was a correctly given yellow card, but at the same time he said after the Spurs game that Jones tackle was worthy of a red card. Make it make sense.
It's the same every year. The refs say "we're gonna clamp down on x, y and z" and they do for 2 months, see the backlash, the quietly revert back to the norm.

Those type of tackles, injury time, handballs; they've shit out on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom