• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gakpo

Can we also ban Fabio and KopRed from the Diaz thread? :p
If you are even half as objective as you claim you are, you will realise there is a growing group of posters who don't see the point of one Luis Diaz who starts every game but produces very little.

The numbers are growing after every match.

I give Gakpo some slack because he has been used in every position and mostly from the subs bench.

Maybe we should give Gakpo Diaz's spot and see how he fares. I suspect it will be more interesting than we think.

If you are even half as objective as you claim you are, you will realise there is a growing group of posters who don't see the point of one Luis Diaz who starts every game but produces very little.

The numbers are growing after every match.

I give Gakpo some slack because he has been used in every position and mostly from the subs bench.

Maybe we should give Gakpo Diaz's spot and see how he fares. I suspect it will be more interesting than we think.
It's mostly you and Fabio taking it to the extreme during and after every single game, the rest are standard criticism when he should be doing better in certain games which more or less goes for any player.

Klopp doesn't seem to agree otherwise he'd have done it by now, no?

& maybe the reason he gets moved from left to right to false 9 to wherever else is because he's never really looked good for a sustained period in any position he's asked to play? Have you ever stopped and maybe given that some thought?

It's mostly you and Fabio taking it to the extreme during and after every single game, the rest are standard criticism when he should be doing better in certain games which more or less goes for any player.

Klopp doesn't seem to agree otherwise he'd have done it by now, no?

& maybe the reason he gets moved from left to right to false 9 to wherever else is because he's never really looked good for a sustained period in any position he's asked to play? Have you ever stopped and maybe given that some thought?
You think we will be able to call him out for anything if he is shit hot like you have imagined him to be?

Just look at our front 3, touch your heart and tell us who is our weakest link? The fact that if Jota was available, we would likely have dispatched this pile of shit with ease is the best evidence how Diaz is not good enough for us.

You think we will be able to call him out for anything if he is shit hot like you have imagined him to be?

Just look at our front 3, touch your heart and tell us who is our weakest link? The fact that if Jota was available, we would likely have dispatched this pile of shit with ease is the best evidence how Diaz is not good enough for us.
Do you or don't you ramble on about him negatively 50000x more than any other player, yes or no?

Why do I need to pick a weak link? Should I also look at the midfield, defence and goalkeepers and also pick a weak link too or does that rule only apply to the forwards because we have Diaz? We couldn't even beat Luton with Jota on the pitch and we needed Diaz to save us from a humiliating loss. Chelsea are way worst than Utd and guess what, we couldn't beat them either despite Jota being on the pitch so no Jota isn't some kind of saviour to LFC.

Do you or don't you ramble on about him negatively 50000x more than any other player, yes or no?

Why do I need to pick a weak link? Should I also look at the midfield, defence and goalkeepers and also pick a weak link too or does that rule only apply to the forwards because we have Diaz? We couldn't even beat Luton with Jota on the pitch and we needed Diaz to save us from a humiliating loss.
Oh wow, Luton again. The match where Luis Diaz brought us to glory. His highlight of the year.

I rest my case.

Gakpo could be one of the players that Edwards wants us to move on from. It was a transfer that was a bit outside our usual scope and process, and appaz Klopp lost his shit multiple of times yesterday at Gakpo for not being in the right places or pressing the right angles etc.

We should at least get a decent fee for him.

Oh wow, Luton again. The match where Luis Diaz brought us to glory.

I rest my case.
"but the fact is if Jota was available, he would've dispatched of these useless shithouses"

There is no fact there. Only waffle.

We were also 1 down at Wolves when we needed to bring Diaz and Nunez in place of Mac and Jota to turn the game around.

"but the fact is if Jota was available, he would've dispatched of these useless shithouses"

There is no fact there. Only waffle.
Just check Jota's productivity against Diaz's.
Simple as that. That's facts, not whatever gibberish you are saying.

Bloody Luton town. Really, I can't continue with this.

Just check Jota's productivity against Diaz's.
Simple as that. That's facts, not whatever gibberish you are saying.

Bloody Luton town. Really, I can't continue with this.
You can't continue this because you're going down blind alleys passing off silly opinions as "facts". That's the definition of gibberish.

I've given 3 games this season, teams all worst than Utd where Jota started and subsequently had to be hooked in each one because he wasn't doing anything yet here you are putting him as the saviour of LFC like he'd automatically win us any game he's involved in. Can you not understand how stupid that sounds?

Adama traore changes games when he comes on as well. Tired legs and all that

Is that the height of our aspirations?

Diaz has the work rate and work ethic that we desire and we need on the flank. Problem is, he's Baros. Will score goals, will fuck up chances more

Now, the issue with this chat in this thread, is that it's about gakpo, a much much inferior player to diaz. Difference is, gakpo is usually a bench player for us, so gets less grief because of that.

Gakpo is echelons below diaz, bt is also 3 years younger, so i'm on with the slack.

this is prime age diaz, and he's making mistakes i'd be annoyed if Doak made

Neither of them are good enough to be starters for me, in a team challenging for the league. One however is a solid bench option, the other is a versatile younger bench option. Starting either for me is not ideal

Adama traore changes games when he comes on as well. Tired legs and all that

Is that the height of our aspirations?

Diaz has the work rate and work ethic that we desire and we need on the flank. Problem is, he's Baros. Will score goals, will fuck up chances more

Now, the issue with this chat in this thread, is that it's about gakpo, a much much inferior player to diaz. Difference is, gakpo is usually a bench player for us, so gets less grief because of that.

Gakpo is echelons below diaz, bt is also 3 years younger, so i'm on with the slack.

this is prime age diaz, and he's making mistakes i'd be annoyed if Doak made

Neither of them are good enough to be starters for me, in a team challenging for the league. One however is a solid bench option, the other is a versatile younger bench option. Starting either for me is not ideal

I think all our forwards are good enough to be a part of a rotation of starters for a title chasing team, even Gakpo. It depends on formation, who we play and form. Only Mo would be guaranteed starter but even then only just.

We have a good set, not perfect, but they are a reason we’re challenging this season

There is a decent player in Gakpo. He's not shit.

BUT he's a squad player for us as he's not good enough to establish himself as a nailed on starter in any of the forward positions long-term. And if a squad player whose main advertised qualities are that he's tidy and versatile can't deliver on those, then it's a bit of a problem. We can't give squad players consistent game time or guarantee them their preferred position.

We started the season with question marks over everyone in the forward line and right now Gakpo is the one that has his flashing the biggest and brightest.

I thought for most of last season (and this) that the forward line needs work and still do. I'm not necessarily against keeping Gakpo but if we need to make room for new players, he's definitely first out the door.
We'll he wasn't good enough as squad player yesterday. The game changed when he came on. People can say it wasn't his fault we lost but how he fucked up that 5 v 2 chance which would more than likely killed the game. I haven't see a player as bad since balotelli..

Lol ya that's pretty bad
Never hated a player more. Think I even have more disdain in my cold heart for him than I do Thiago.

Anyway, I wonder now that ME's back if he'll approach PSV involving some kind of swap deal, Gakpo for Bakayoko.

There were times within the game I thought Gakpo could have been more involved, but it seemed he didnt care that much. However judging from the comments on here, I am beginning to think I missed a great deal of that game. So once in a while I am checking on here hoping to see a clip on Gakpo that says about all his game yesterday. If anybody has one please share it here

There were times within the game I thought Gakpo could have been more involved, but it seemed he didnt care that much. However judging from the comments on here, I am beginning to think I missed a great deal of that game. So once in a while I am checking on here hoping to see a clip on Gakpo that says about all his game yesterday. If anybody has one please share it here
All you have to see is the 5 v 2 when he leaves it to late to pass and then gives a bad pass to Elliott anyway...

The 5 v 2 all round was bad, and Gakpo definitely should've shown more urgency, as per. But the situation wasn't completely dead until Elliott fucked it up. It still could have been salvaged and should have resulted in another goal.

However, Elliott isn't a lanky, coward shithouse, and he actually runs about and seems like he actually cares. So, I can chalk it up to a stupid fuck up from a young lad who's learning and striving to get better.

Gakpo, though, I reckon he'd still be out there now, slovenly shuffling about the pitch humming 3 Little Birds to himself if they kept the floodlights on and nobody told him to go home.

I think there is still a very good player in there. Like many players I think he needs to play every week to consistently play well. Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll get that here.
I think he’d do very well at Spurs or Villa.

I think there is still a very good player in there. Like many players I think he needs to play every week to consistently play well. Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll get that here.
I think he’d do very well at Spurs or Villa.
Wow you really are so obsessed with ange

Netherlands and Liverpool attacker Cody Gakpo has admitted he is aware of criticism coming at him.

Gakpo has not enjoyed the best of seasons, despite his club side being in the Premier League title race.

He is the lowest scoring of the team's forwards, with the likes of Mohamed Salah, Darwin Nunez, Luis Diaz, and Diogo Jota outshining him.

“I personally wasn't that concerned," he told Voetbal International of talk about his displays.

He then added: "I am aware of the situations that have occurred and that are occurring and the expectations. I am someone who always looks at, what can I do better and how can I develop myself? That is still the case today.

“There are things that are going well and things that are not going so well that I have to develop that can be developed and I am fully engaged in that, and I am not really concerned with whether that transition has been successful anymore."

“Cody, I’ve said it before, is a super important player,” Klopp told a press conference on Wednesday. "He came on against Sheffield [United] and played incredible, against Man United [he was] really good.

“I caused a bit of a problem in a phase where we didn’t have midfielders, so I put him in midfield. It didn’t work out well. I thought he was alright but he couldn’t gain the confidence each player needs.

“Since he’s back up front, and he can play in between the lines and be himself, it’s all heading in the right direction again.”

Hoping he can play himself in to form. Just want to see a bit of fire and tenacity from him

Back
Top Bottom