• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forecast your Top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Final Top 6 positions (add a points guess too if you like) and a one line reason why. See how your forecast pans out.

Just for a bit of fun !

City - 92 pts (won't take as many points from the other Top 6 sides otherwise much the same as last season. Aging players may make the fall off greater than anticipated over the last few months of the season.
Liverpool - 87 pts - we didn't add backup to the front 3 and that is going to come back and bite us big time.
Spurs - 81 pts - easily the best strengthening of the Top 6 during the Summer .... and didn't lose Eriksen.
United - 76 pts - strengthened their defence. Lost goals from the attack. Will win more against fodder due to the defence. Expecting a lot of 1-0 games.
Arsenal - 75 pts - will win a lot of games 4-3. Replacing Koscielny with Luiz not a good move.
Chelsea - 70 pts - Treading water. loss of Hazard will cost them a few points.

City
Us
Spurs
Arsenal
Utd
Everton

I think Chelsea are in for a tough season, novice manager, the core of the team has aged and they cant bring in reinforcements.

City - 94 pts
Liverpool - 86 pts

Spurs - 80 pts
Arsenal - 77 pts
United - 74 pts
Chelsea - 73 pts

Top 2 between us and City.
Third Spurs.
Fourth between United and Arsenal.
Can't be bothered with fifth and sixth.

After yesterday performance I can't see chelsea making top 4 as they wont score enough goals.

Not Utd either, the scoreline flattered them.
But it will be close between Arsenal and Utd.
Chelsea 6th.

One thing I've noticed this year, pretty much every pundit asked on the radio or in print has pretty much said 'same as last year'. Even the clickbait things that say stuff like 'you'll never believe Rio's predictions for the season ahead'. Which turn out to be a two horse race that city narrowly win, spurs third and the others fighting for fourth.

I wish I could get paid for saying everything today is going to be the same as yesterday

Yeah top4 predictions basically look the same no matter who you ask this season.

So let's try some other predictions instead

Relegated:
Newcastle
Palace
Norwich

Top scorer:
Kane

Best signing:
Maguire

Biggest flop:
Joelinton

First sacked:
Dean Smith

Surprise package:
Brighton

Liverpool - 93 pts - sorted by the end of April.
City - 89 pts - other teams will have more of a go at them this year.
Spurs - 78 pts - best of the rest, but they'll lose too many games.
Arsenal - 73 pts - good attack.
United - 73 pts - no CL on goal difference. :)
Wolves - 66 pts - can't see how Chelsea can keep up.

Good idea -

Relegated:
Newcastle
Villa
Sheffield Utd

Top scorer:
Mo

Best signing:
Maguire

Biggest flop:
Rodri (I can hope ...)

First sacked:
Ole

Surprise package:
Norwich

Liverpool*
City
Spurs**
Chelsea***
Arsenal
United

*Why not?

**IF Eriksen stays on for the full season this might become a tight three-horse race.

***I find it pretty laughable that the media etc are all writing off Chelsea after yesterdays game. Yeah they lost and looked vulnerable to say the least at the back but were by far the better team for the first hour or so. United could easily end up struggling loads this season however, as a lot of their young ones are going to have a hard time coping with the pressure that'll arrive when they begin to lose.

City (inevitable)
Liverpool (inevitable)
Arsenal (played well, without two of their senior players who are at risk of being stabbed in Sadiq Khan's London)
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]Chelsea (played well, were unlucky)[/bcolor]
Spurs (played shit, luck won't last)
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]United (played shit, luck won't last)[/bcolor]

One thing I've noticed this year, pretty much every pundit asked on the radio or in print has pretty much said 'same as last year'. Even the clickbait things that say stuff like 'you'll never believe Rio's predictions for the season ahead'. Which turn out to be a two horse race that city narrowly win, spurs third and the others fighting for fourth.

I wish I could get paid for saying everything today is going to be the same as yesterday
I think it was Zola (with Gray and Hairy Paws?) I saw after the Norwich match that predicted us to win it.

After the first games this weekend, Bruce and Hodgson must be up there. Both teams looked awful.

I think the newly promoted sides will hold on to their managers for most of the season.

City (inevitable)
Liverpool (inevitable)
Arsenal (played well, without two of their senior players who are at risk of being stabbed in Sadiq Khan's London)
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]Chelsea (played well, were unlucky)[/bcolor]
Spurs (played shit, luck won't last)
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]United (played shit, luck won't last)[/bcolor]
Spurs’ win had very little to do with luck.

Spurs’ win had very little to do with luck.

If you are suggesting they intentionally planned upon losing for the majority of the match in front of their own fans, in some sort of rope-a-dope strategy, before asking Eriksen to reverse the scoreline in the final 15 minutes, you're right, that sounds more like stupidity than luck.

If you are suggesting they intentionally planned upon losing for the majority of the match in front of their own fans, in some sort of rope-a-dope strategy, before asking Eriksen to reverse the scoreline in the final 15 minutes, you're right, that sounds more like stupidity than luck.
Definitely more to do with stupidity/stubborness/desperation than luck in my opinion.

So Poch obv banked on the others to bring home the bacon but as that failed he brought on their most influential player and the game turn immediately and their win was never really in any doubt afterwards. Without Eriksen and to some extent Son this Spurs team is lacking that creative spark that Kane thrives from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom