• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fitness Goals - 2018

Brizzle

Match thread starter
Thought i'd start up one of these ahead of the start of the new year.

Personally - i'm in potentially my worst 'shape' ever. I have always been spurred on by training for a sport or event, of which I currently have nothing planned. I'm 102kg (I think - will do a proper weight in when I find some scales), and my 'good' weight is probably closer to 92-95kg range.

I'm planning to get back to sub 95kg by mid March (when I turn 30) with a few small changes that I think will be pretty sustainable - more of a gym routine. I have a good gym in my office but I just don't use it much. I've set myself up with a proper locker now so I can take a weeks worth of gym kit on a Monday and make sure I get in there more often.

I also now have a better plan food wise - i've let myself get carried away in December but that should be easy to fix.

Goals wise - i have now shaken off what was a troublesome foot pain that I think was caused by bad trainers and I need to get back on with lower body workouts.

My March I want to get 100kg up for 5 x 5 squats, and i'd love to get back towards my peak strength when i was doing 125 for 5 x 5.

Fitness wise, I intend to do a lot more cycling and for the period until march I am just going to set some targets based on kilometers covered on a wattbike (not certain what this will be yet) and then I will likely aim for a certain time target for doing certain segments on strava e.g. a lap of Richmond Park (10km loop) or ascent of Box HIll.

Is anyone else planning to get back on top of health & fitness? Happy to use this as a support group!