• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Firmi-NO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll replace if he goes. I cant imagine klopp wanting to be in the situation where we're relying on cannonier.

Difficult one.. is he the same player he was 3 years ago? No.

Is he something different from our other attackers? Yes

I think £20m is about £10m light.

Honestly, I say sell.
Firmino needs to play and he wants to make the world cup squad. Why give him away for free next year?
Like I said in the other thread his last two seasons haven't been great.
But I also see how it leaves us a bit exposed with Nunez being our only real striker.

When Jota turned up and started so well I thought he was going to replace Frim eventually. Since then we've also gone and got Darwin and Nunez who look to be replacing Mane and / or Frim, plus Elliot and Carvalho who are far more attacking than our previous midfield options.

I don't want Frim to leave but I get it as part of the squad evolution.

It would give us a chance to balance the forward depth a bit better i.e bring in someone who can play on the right.

So let's say he goes, who replaces him?
Do we buy another striker or a more versatile player?

When Jota turned up and started so well I thought he was going to replace Frim eventually. Since then we've also gone and got Darwin and Nunez who look to be replacing Mane and / or Frim, plus Elliot and Carvalho who are far more attacking than our previous midfield options.

I don't want Frim to leave but I get it as part of the squad evolution.

Are Darwin and Nunez not replacing Raheem and Sterling?

Ok with him leaving.....only if we get a replacement in first or at least someone who can play wide as I think we're a bit light in that area.

I'd prefer to keep him, he has a fairly unique set of skills. He is also decent off the bench.

To replace him at this point would cost serious money as well.

Difficult one.. is he the same player he was 3 years ago? No.

Is he something different from our other attackers? Yes

I think £20m is about £10m light.
We sold Mane for £28m wasn't it? The press is saying the club will sell at £25m

If he goes this Summer it leaves us ridiculously exposed. No one really knows how well Nunez will integrate or how long it will take, Diaz is great but a bit goal shy at the moment, and Jota is out for a while. It's a daft decision when we're banking on Nunez, Fabio and Elliott bridging the gap immediately. It's more sensible to keep him for the year and have him play a part in bedding everyone else in.

There's no better way to learn than alongside the best, we lose him and we're a praying for a few surprises from what is beginning to look like fairly limited, inexperienced options. The only reason we did so well last season is because of that depth we've been crying out for, now it looks a bit like we're back to square one if we sell Bobby.

It wouldnt be square one either. When we were starting our traditional big three every game, it was better than what we currently have, and I don't think it's close.

Calm down everyone.

One unverified tweet and this place goes nuclear.

No way Liverpool will sell Bobby this window, unless he insists on moving.
Don't get all the fuss myself.

Every Liverpool fan should know by now we're winning the league this season regardless of who stays or goes.

I loathe to lose the forward depth that kept us competitive in everything last season but i think Bobby is falling into that space where he’s missing too many games and might very well be unavailable when we need the depth.

It was something like started 10, unavailable for 16 and i guess a sub for the rest in the league last season.

Ideal world you keep him, I’ve no doubt he’s a great guy and showed a bit of his old self at times last season but it’s money we’re not going to get next season. Suppose it all depends on who could come in.

I loathe to lose the forward depth that kept us competitive in everything last season but i think Bobby is falling into that space where he’s missing too many games and might very well be unavailable when we need the depth.

It was something like started 10, unavailable for 16 and i guess a sub for the rest in the league last season.

Ideal world you keep him, I’ve no doubt he’s a great guy and showed a bit of his old self at times last season but it’s money we’re not going to get next season. Suppose it all depends on who could come in.
Also 14 goals in his last two season in 56 appearances in the PL, is kinda on the low side for a high scoring and attacking team that we are.
I just don't think he's the same any more.

Also 14 goals in his last two season in 56 appearances in the PL, is kinda on the low side for a high scoring and attacking team that we are.
I just don't think he's the same any more.

It was never really about the goals with him but yea i have the same feeling, it’s not the same Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom