• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Finnan Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Finnan's property development business has gone bust.

Private memorabilia up for auction including the CL medal and Jersey

https://www.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/index.php?keyword=steve+finnan&x=0&y=0&search_priority[]=upcoming&task=search&option=com_bidders

Always hate it when players lose all their money. Didn't think it would happen to any of the modern day footballers outside of gambling.
Holy shit.
How the fuck do you lose all your money like that?

Fell out with his brother over £4m off losses , how they've managed to fuck up in the London property market so badly is slightly concerning , wonder whether there's more to it than meets the eye.

Apparently Finnan had already sold all of those items to a private buyer who in turn is auctioning them off and probably benefiting from Finnan's financial situation

That dude off Grand Designs lost loads of other people's money in shit property deals recently. I thought you had to try really hard to make a bollocks of property in the past decade

That dude off Grand Designs lost loads of other people's money in shit property deals recently.

I'm not surprised, the posh wanker. ''Oooh, another big glass house with everything open plan, just a sofa in the middle of what resembles a freezing cold office foyer, oooh, how delightful!' The daft twat!

Fuck me how so you not keep a certain amount of money seperate regardless of business interests.

They’re footballers. Generally they’re thick as pig shit with no financial acumen.

Fuck me how so you not keep a certain amount of money seperate regardless of business interests.

Seems like he invested his money into his brothers business. Brother lost it all and now hes left penniless.

He must have been on £1.5m a year during his time

They’re footballers. Generally they’re thick as pig shit with no financial acumen.
Not sure about his intelligence but; a rich mate of mine lived in a very exclusive block of apartments in Hale (Manchester) and Finnan moved in when he signed for Liverpool. My mate told me that Finnan was hugely popular in the block and local area and was a really great guy.

Seems like he invested his money into his brothers business. Brother lost it all and now hes left penniless.

He must have been on £1.5m a year during his time

So after tax and savings deposits, he spends £0.5m a year on his lifestyle. Once he retires, that income is gone. He's got £5m saved away maybe. To carry on with his previous lifestyle he needs to generate a 10% return on that capital. You invest it on the say so of your financial advisor, because they're an expert. The dumb cunt comes back to you in a few years and says your net worth is £2.5m now, sorry about that old chap, but that's after my fees of course I already took my fees so don't worry about that anymore. Now you need a 20% return to maintain your lifestyle. The only way to get that is to take massive risks. The rest is history.

Indeed, but you would have thought most of them would have someone else dealing with that kind of thing for them. I guess that relies on them recognising they are too stupid to deal with it themselves and always taking the advice. If it was a family thing he may well have gone ahead with it anyway.

Indeed, but you would have thought most of them would have someone else dealing with that kind of thing for them. I guess that relies on them recognising they are too stupid to deal with it themselves and always taking the advice. If it was a family thing he may well have gone ahead with it anyway.

I have dealt with them in work with taking poor financial advice. They believe everything they are told. They don’t have any thought process and do what they are told no matter the scammer in front of them.

Doubled his money.
Yey.. 4m in debt, that will get him about about 100k.

What the club should do is buy it, keep it for safe keeping. Allow Finnan to go through the bankruptcy process.

Wait for him to get back on his feet, then give it back to him as a loan. Not so he can sell it again.

04be9538ceb7740798c2b1d6be834733.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom