• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fans blast £100.00 tickets Fulham v LIverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red rose

Well-Known

Liverpool will head to Fulham for their opening game of the Premier Leagueseason on August 6, with fans of the London club outraged at the price of tickets.
The Reds are set for Craven Cottage as they begin the new campaign in just under a month’s time, for their third consecutive opening-day clash with the winners of the Championship.

Fulham coasted to the second-tier title last term, with the Liverpool connection playing a key role as Harry Wilson, Neco Williams and Fabio Carvalho all shone.
Carvalho has since swapped Fulham for Liverpool in a £7.7 million deal, while Williams’ loan spell is over and a £17 million move to Nottingham Forest awaits.
It remains to be seen how the Cottagers, who struggled last time out, will cope in the Premier League this season, but they are clearly attempting to cash in on the interest.
The newly promoted outfit have now announced the price bands for tickets to the Liverpool clash on August 6, with adult tickets ranging from £30 to £100, averaging at around £70.
Unsurprisingly, this has not gone down well with Fulham fans:

About ten years ago I was playing golf with Mark lawrenson for some reason, and I was sure he was a closet manc so I quizzed him on who he supported, and he said Preston North End was where he'd take his kids to watch footy, so I said well if you were getting a season ticket in the premier league where would you want one, and he said Craven Cottage, cos it's in a cracking little spot by the Thames, surrounded by lovely pubs. See that's what you're paying for down there.

About ten years ago I was playing golf with Mark lawrenson for some reason, and I was sure he was a closet manc so I quizzed him on who he supported, and he said Preston North End was where he'd take his kids to watch footy, so I said well if you were getting a season ticket in the premier league where would you want one, and he said Craven Cottage, cos it's in a cracking little spot by the Thames, surrounded by lovely pubs. See that's what you're paying for down there.
Sounds nice that..I wanna go there now :D

Edit; oh and state of you name dropping, nice one :)
hope you won the golf btw

Oh it wasn't a name dropping thing. I thought I'd drawn the short straw having to spend four hours with him, but he was a lot more of a laugh than the dude I was used to seeing on TV.

I dunno, it's Lawrenson's dog, you don't want to be stirring another man's porridge.
You're saying Woland only bums his own dogs? And that only Skully is perverse enough to break this dog-bumming code?

I just want to believe that Lawrenson randomly observed that Keane is shit. It's just a running theme of all his interactions.

I'm sorry the only facts I can remember from the whole thing where that his best mate is Ray Stubbs and that Alan Shearer still lived in Newcastle when he did match of the day, so they got a van made with a bed in it to take him home at midnight. Oh and he'd just played Augusta with Gary lineker a week before the masters. And Lee Dixon was going to pack match of the day in when they moved it to Manchester. And that the whole match of the day gig was a pain in the arse cos you got in early, did football focus, watched all the games, but then from half seven till half ten when it went out live you sat round doing nothing and couldn't go out for a pint and they only had a vending machine so they just ate Mars bars and had shit coffee while calling each other pricks for three hours.

I remember when Lawrenson got sacked as Oxford manager, he was filmed walking out of the morning meeting where it happened - it would have been BBC, and the cameras were right in his face as he walked down the street. He got to a pub and tried to go in, but it was locked, and that really pissed him off - he checked his watch a few times (it was in the days when pubs didn't officially open until 12) then stormed off with steam coming out of his ears.

Made me chuckle that, for some reason

Interesting fact - he got a league winners medal the same week he got Oxford relegated & got the sack, as he played a few games for us early in the season before injury got the better of him and he left for the Oxford job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom