• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabs might come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabio wasn't up to much today and Hull in general have been shit but Tyler's just scored a 25 yard corker on his weaker foot.

A player’s attitude can change with the wind depending on what environment you’re in and it’s possible to put Leipzig down to being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the level of attitude at a club like Liverpool or Leipzig needed to be better than it was at Fulham or now at Hull. He’s a loanee so the onus to impress is really on him and I’m sure he would’ve started more games had he impressed enough.

He’s been with Rosenior for 5 minutes, he was at Leipzig for 6 months….he’s not even their player, there isn’t really a reason to dismiss everything the Leipzig SD said. After the City game in the cup where he scored in the loss, he was taken off at half time and was never seen again, my question would be why?

New country, new culture, different playing style, teammates, not speaking the language and the manager having other players he favors.
The Leipzig experience doesnt define him as a player or person.

We probably should have loaned him out to a club in England in the first place.

7206759fc5888b28543a0d4ba4d260ebff628436.jpeg

Could've used a bit of this in our FA cup game in a few weeks, same again tonight Fabio, both he and Morton starting.

A player’s attitude can change with the wind depending on what environment you’re in and it’s possible to put Leipzig down to being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the level of attitude at a club like Liverpool or Leipzig needed to be better than it was at Fulham or now at Hull. He’s a loanee so the onus to impress is really on him and I’m sure he would’ve started more games had he impressed enough.

He’s been with Rosenior for 5 minutes, he was at Leipzig for 6 months….he’s not even their player, there isn’t really a reason to dismiss everything the Leipzig SD said. After the City game in the cup where he scored in the loss, he was taken off at half time and was never seen again, my question would be why?

Was it because we signed Gakpo, moved Nunez to the left and then Jota & Diaz came back from injury, addutionally Curtis shrugged off his injury and nailed the left central midfield role.

We’re writing him off too quickly - he could turn into a left sided Harvey, capable of filling in at LW or LCM.

Or he won’t and we should be looking for upwards of £20m for him.

I don't think Fabio's attitude will change. He thought he should play more for us; he couldn't. He swanned in to Leipzig expecting to start; he couldn't. Short of a personality transplant, he's transfer fodder for us

I've never heard of anyone connected to the team complaining of his attitude. He's apparently quite a hard worker.
Yet klopps binned him off, and the sporting director of the club he was on loan to actively questioned his work ethic, after being happy to send him back.

Nah

Yet klopps binned him off, and the sporting director of the club he was on loan to actively questioned his work ethic, after being happy to send him back.

Nah
He didn’t actively question his work ethic. It was a comment to save face for an unsuccessful loan + fee.
Klopp ‘binning him off’… I assume you mean loaned him out? Is that an attitude thing? Did Harvey or any of the others have a shit attitude?
We’ve seen no evidence of an attitude problem, and yet are doing what other club supporters do to our own. Strange.

He didn’t actively question his work ethic. It was a comment to save face for an unsuccessful loan + fee.
Klopp ‘binning him off’… I assume you mean loaned him out? Is that an attitude thing? Did Harvey or any of the others have a shit attitude?
We’ve seen no evidence of an attitude problem, and yet are doing what other club supporters do to our own. Strange.

To be fair, he lasted longer that the usual 29 minutes of our first pre-season friendly before he was declared “shite” that it normally takes on here.

So, Harvey came in as a 16 year old, and was a regular for us by 19. A loan is usually not a mark for failure if they're young. When you're a consistent starter for a decent team, it's usually expected you shouldn't need a loan, even if young.

Fab came in, made about 8 appearances, then barely made the bench for the second half of the season.

Then he's loaned out. With zero success. Course it's easy to blame Leipzig for it rather than the player. Now he's on loan to a championship side and doing alright; as he's starting games.

Is it outlandish to think he must be fucking shite in training for 2 teams to drop him like a bad habit? What's hulls depth like for his position? Does he walk in as the best?

We've seen no evidence of an attitude problem, because what? You'd like klopp to do a ten hag with Sancho?

If you think it's all rosy, then fair enough. for him to barely get a kick last year, and be loaned out twice this year at 21; he's either a prick, shite, or in the shop window as he doesn't fit us

I think for us he appeared too lightweight and so he stopped getting games. The move to RB should have been perfect until days after he signed they brought in another loanee who plays as a Winger / AM, Xavi Simons. Given Xavi has come up via Barca and PSG, had a cracking last season with PSV and is on big bucks already it is no surprise he got the nod ahead of Fabio initially. From then on he played really well and so why would they drop him for Fabio

I think for us he appeared too lightweight and so he stopped getting games. The move to RB should have been perfect until days after he signed they brought in another loanee who plays as a Winger / AM, Xavi Simons. Given Xavi has come up via Barca and PSG, had a cracking last season with PSV and is on big bucks already it is no surprise he got the nod ahead of Fabio initially. From then on he played really well and so why would they drop him for Fabio
And all that is more than fine. But surely he's got to be rested, or subbed? Was he even first choice backup?

Screenshot_20240121-102847.png

Generally seemed a late game sub, whether they were winning or losing. Sometimes not even brought on when losing.

So the clubs fucked it when doing the loan, or he just doesn't impress in a decent side

The club obviously still rates him. Otherwise they would have sold him to Wolves or Fulham, instead of loaning him to Hull

The club obviously still rates him. Otherwise they would have sold him to Wolves or Fulham, instead of loaning him to Hull
Did bids come in we fancied? Every chance we think he's good enough to make a profit on.

Two ways of looking at it.

One is that we do still rate him, he needs games, won't get them here and we might well bring him back and play him eventually.

Other is that we don't want him but his value will be higher if he goes elsewhere and performs.

I don't know which one it is but am leaning towards the latter.

What doesn't make sense to me, is if Klopp rated him why isn't he back with squad just like Beck? I'm not even sure if Klopp rates Beck but he sure as hell put him on the bench. We have 4 healthy attackers Gakpo, Jota, Nunez and Diaz and we're entering a phase when we have a game every 3-4 days. The Europa League will start soon as well. Despite all this, why isn't Carvalho part of the rotation?
On the other hand we have four CB's and people are going on and on about signing another one. "Oh, they're injury prone".
OK, what happens if one our four attackers get injured? Happy with Elliott on the wing until Salah comes back knackered?
It just doesn't make sense to me.

Please dont bring up Doak, he's still eligible to play in the FA youth cup and Carvalho is obviously better than him.

I don't hate Carvalho, in an ideal world he would have gained 10 kilos of muscle in the summer and been part of our squad.
All I'm saying is, Klopp clearly doesn't rate him.
And yes I believe the Leipzig coach or whatever he was when he said that he had an attitude problem because that actually makes sense considering what happened at the club.
And don't forget why he isn't playing for the Portugal u21s. Look it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom