• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling this rumour would somehow spill out of this scenario, makes sense he’d want to go there with his family

[Sport Witness] Luis Manuel Diaz, Father of Luis Diaz: "It is true that Luis is a loyal Barcelona fan and it would be his dream to go there. So far I would like to thank Porto and Liverpool for the way they welcomed him and received him."
Ffs

[Sport Witness] Luis Manuel Diaz, Father of Luis Diaz: "It is true that Luis is a loyal Barcelona fan and it would be his dream to go there. So far I would like to thank Porto and Liverpool for the way they welcomed him and received him."
60m and he can go.

He comes out being kidnapped for over 3 weeks and this is what he says?
He can go, 70m but doubt Barca will pay. Klopp will just go and buy from millions other LWF available. RWF is going to much harder to replace.

hahaha
5b13e2722a7d0cad5b821d241a727af9.jpg

As long as he's giving his best on the pitch, who cares??

Players have contracts for a reason. Barcelona can have him when hes 29. If they outbid Al-Ittihad

So are Barca ditching Felix and Torres for Diaz?
I don't see it happening.

This is the risk that comes with signing south Americans. You think Darwin will want to stick around if Barca calls?

Torres is up for sale, isn't he? I saw him linked with Newcastle the other day.

Anyways, Diaz is a good player but he's replaceable.
Didn't know that about Torres. Anyway, I agree that Diaz is replaceable. It's not like it's prime Mané leaving.

I'm pretty sure his dad has been created by an AI PR firm to make us feel sorry for him and force a move. He looks like someone asked midjourney to make a central american fella in the style of Jim Henson. Has anyone counted his fingers?

Reactions: jan
I think we could do better than Diaz.

Watch him for a different team like in a game for Columbia and you see all the traits that make him impressive and very limited at the same time.

He likes to hold the ball and dribble. He's good at it. Not brilliant by any means, just very good.

He holds it too long, he takes too many touches, he doesn't let the ball do the work. He gets into good positions, but isnt a lethal finisher, just good.

None of this has changed one bit since he's been at Liverpool. He never figured out how to have one bit of the interplay with Robertson that mane had. His goals come faster when we can dedicate resources to allowing him to come inside.

There are other players who can do all this stuff, and players who can do it better on a team. His most impressive era was when he just arrived and looked a revelation due to his contrast with the malaise tha had just begun to waft about the place. He has entirely stagnated and is at the peak of his career.

He comes out being kidnapped for over 3 weeks and this is what he says?
He can go, 70m but doubt Barca will pay. Klopp will just go and buy from millions other LWF available. RWF is going to much harder to replace.

swap for Raphina

I think we could do better than Diaz.

Watch him for a different team like in a game for Columbia and you see all the traits that make him impressive and very limited at the same time.

He likes to hold the ball and dribble. He's good at it. Not brilliant by any means, just very good.

He holds it too long, he takes too many touches, he doesn't let the ball do the work. He gets into good positions, but isnt a lethal finisher, just good.

None of this has changed one bit since he's been at Liverpool. He never figured out how to have one bit of the interplay with Robertson that mane had. His goals come faster when we can dedicate resources to allowing him to come inside.

There are other players who can do all this stuff, and players who can do it better on a team. His most impressive era was when he just arrived and looked a revelation due to his contrast with the malaise tha had just begun to waft about the place. He has entirely stagnated and is at the peak of his career.

All of this. He flatters to deceive IMO. Looks exciting, delivers less.

He never figured out how to have one bit of the interplay with Robertson that mane had. His goals come faster when we can dedicate resources to allowing him to come inside.
You mean like prime time Robbo? Not the current Robbo who's assists have dropped off a cliff the past 1.5 seasons, no matter who he's playing with?

If there's a lack of interplay then that's on the manager. If he doesn't promote it and have them working on it in training then it's hard to blame the players.

Exactly. We used to have so much joy from Robbo and Trent out wide. If we go back to our usual 433 then we’ll see far more link up play on the flanks, it’s that simple. The system we play doesn’t allow us to do that with Robbo having to stay in a back 3 while Trent dozes around in the middle.

Exactly. We used to have so much joy from Robbo and Trent out wide. If we go back to our usual 433 then we’ll see far more link up play on the flanks, it’s that simple. The system we play doesn’t allow us to do that with Robbo having to stay in a back 3 while Trent dozes around in the middle.

The Robbo of 3-4 years ago, just like Trent of 3-4 years ago don’t exist any more. If you go back to the same tactics, all you will get is the diminished production from the wings. There is a reason both are playing deeper now.

The Robbo of 3-4 years ago, just like Trent of 3-4 years ago don’t exist any more. If you go back to the same tactics, all you will get is the diminished production from the wings. There is a reason both are playing deeper now.

How can Trent of 3-4 years ago not exist anymore? Is he past his peak at the elder age of 25 now?

If Robbo can no longer fly up and down the flank with deadly effect like he used to, then sign someone who can.

Oh come on. Robbo - yes absolutely he's done, but Trent? He's a young 'un and could easily go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom