• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannes Wolf - Swansea (loan)

[article]Swansea City has completed the signing of Hannes Wolf on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach, subject to international clearance.

The 22-year-old midfielder links up with the Swans for the remainder of the 2021-22 Championship campaign, and will wear the number 13 shirt.

The Austrian is available to potentially make his debut in this weekend’s home fixture against Preston, as supporters return to the Swansea.com Stadium.

The Austria Under-21 international had been linked with a number of clubs during the January window, and becomes Russell Martin’s third signing of the month following the arrivals of Andy Fisher and Cyrus Christie.

Wolf played for a number of clubs in his homeland at junior level before joining Red Bull Salzburg in 2014.

His first senior appearances came for their reserve side, FC Liefering, in the Austrian second tier, where he scored seven goals in 35 league appearances.

That earned him an opportunity with the senior side, making four appearances during the 2016-17 season before becoming a regular over the following two campaigns.

He made 70 appearances in total, scoring 17 goals – briefly playing alongside Erling Haaland - before making the move to RB Leipzig but he suffered a broken leg while on international duty and missed the first few months of the season.

He returned to make five appearances, and bounced back impressively when loaned to fellow Bundesliga side Monchengladbach for the 2020-21 campaign as he made 41 appearances and scored four goals.

His performances saw the deal made permanent, but has not seen as much game time as he would have liked since the departure of coach Marco Rose – who Wolf previously worked with at RB Salzburg - to Borussia Dortmund.[/article]

Sead Kolašinac - Marseille (free transfer)

[article]
Sead Kolasinac has joined Marseille on an 18-month deal after his Arsenal contract was mutually terminated six months early.

The 28-year-old joined the Gunners in the summer of 2017 following the expiry of his Schalke contract and went on to make more than 100 appearances for the club.

But Kolasinac fell out of favour under Mikel Arteta and made just two Premier League appearances this season.

Kolasinac won one FA Cup and two Community Shields during his time in north London.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international becomes the third player to leave the Emirates this month, following Ainsley Maitland-Niles' loan move to Roma and Folarin Balogun's temporary switch to Middlesbrough.
[/article]

Filip Benkovic - Udinese (free transfer)
Pablo Marí - Udinese (loan)

[article]
Filip Benkovic is delighted with his move to Udinese.

The defender joins Udinese as a free agent after being released by Leicester City.

He said at his presentation this morning: "I am very happy for this opportunity, when the Udinese option presented itself I did not think about it for a second, I had been coming from a tough year and I needed confidence, Udinese showed it to me and I thank the club, I will commit myself to the maximum.

"Returning to the national team is definitely my goal, but the primary aspect I want to focus on is playing football, after an unhappy period Udinese offers me important means to return to my levels, I certainly dream of the national team, but first of all, I want to repay Udinese's trust.

"It was a simple decision because when I was playing in Croatia I knew that Udinese followed me and I always thought it would be stimulating to play in Italy, here I found a great desire to work and grow, it will be important to achieve the desired goals."
[/article]
[article]Udinese have confirmed the signing of Pablo Marí on loan from Arsenal.

The Bianconeri have confirmed in an official statement that the 28-year-old moves to the Dacia Arena on a temporary deal until the end of the season.

Marí will return to the Emirates Stadium at the end of the season as Udinese do not have an option to sign him permanently.

“I am proud and happy, I am looking forward to beginning this new adventure and giving my all for the Bianconeri shirt and the fans,” the defender wrote on Twitter.

Marì joined Arsenal from Flamengo in a €6m deal in July 2020 but has only played 22 games across all competitions with the Gunners.

Udinese sit 14th in the Serie A table, six points above the relegation zone.

They have conceded 36 goals in 22 league games this term and sacked their coach Luca Gotti in December, promoting his assistant Gabriele Cioffi.

Udinese were eliminated from the Coppa Italia earlier this week, losing 1-0 away at Lazio after extra time.

Marí could make his debut with the Serie A side on Saturday when Cioffi’s men visit Genoa at Marassi in a key clash for survival.[/article]

Sardar Azmoun - Leverkusen (free transfer)

[article]Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed the signing of Sardar Azmoun from the summer of 2022, with the Iranian international joining from Zenit St. Petersburg on a five-year contract.

Azmoun, a 27-year-old forward with an eye for goals and assists, will compete for a place in Leverkusen’s starting attack with Patrik Schick and Lucas Alario when he makes his move to Bundesliga football in the summer.

“[It is] a step from the best club in Russia to one of the best leagues in Europe,” he told the Bundesliga club's website.

“Bayer Leverkusen have a really great squad. I’ve been keeping an eye on the club for a long time and am impressed by the team’s style of play. It’s incredibly exciting for me soon to be able to play in the Bundesliga. And I’m convinced I’ll make the team even better with my footballing ability.”

Capped 60 times by Iran, an impressive 39 goals for his country compliments his selection for the World Cup in 2018 and two Asian Cup squads in 2015 and 2019.

As well as being the youngest Iranian to score in a UEFA Champions League game, he is also the Iranian record-holder for the most goals scored in the competition with six goals.

He has spent his professional career entirely in the Russian top flight with two spells each at Rubin Kazan and Rostov preceeding his transfer to Zenit in 2019.

In St. Petersburg, he has found the net 62 times in 104 appearances across all competitions. He was named Russia’s Footballer of the Year for 2021 and his impressive goal stats have continued into this season, in which he has scored 10 goals in 21 games – including two strikes in the Champions League.

“We’re delighted to have completed this transfer,” said Leverkusen's sporting director Simon Rolfes.

“Sardar Azmoun has been one of Russian football’s top goalscorers for several years. He’s been champion three years in a row there with Zenit, regularly played in the Champions League and shown himself to be of international class at the highest level. Our attack gains extra quality with him. Sardar will make our attack even more unpredictable and powerful.”

Managing director for sport, Rudi Völler added: “He’s very quick, good in the air and has a good sense for space. But he’s not just a goalscorer. Sardar Azmoun also sets up a lot of goals and is an outstanding fit for the Werkself as a player who combines well with others.”
[/article]

Cameron Archer - Preston (loan)

Preston North End are delighted to confirm striker Cameron Archer has joined the club on loan from Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old, who has featured three times in the Premier League for Villa this term, will stay at PNE until the end of the current campaign.

Cameron has enjoyed a breakthrough season at his boyhood club, scoring regularly in all competitions and he has recently put pen to paper on a new deal at Villa Park until 2025.

Speaking after joining PNE, Cameron said: “I’m excited, I’m ready for the challenge and can’t wait to get started.

“[My aim is to] just hopefully get some experience, some games under my belt and hopefully score some goals.”

The young striker is very highly rated by Villa boss Steven Gerrard, having been kept at the club until now to contend with the likes of Danny Ings and Ollie Watkins up top.

As well as being involved in Premier League and Carabao Cup matchday squads, the Walsall-born man has also been in top form in the EFL Trophy, scoring six goals in just four appearances.

On the latest addition, manager Ryan Lowe added: “We’re absolutely delighted. I’ve been monitoring Cameron Archer for a while now.

“He’s a natural goalscorer who I’m really excited to work with and hopefully he’ll score some goals for us.

“His objective will be to play for the Aston Villa first team in the future and we want to help him do that, but his objective now until the end of the season will be to help Preston North End finish as high up the table as possible.”

Cameron will take the No.21 shirt and will go straight in to contention to feature on Wednesday evening as PNE take on West Brom at The Hawthorns.

Roy Hodgson - Watford (Manager)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to confirm the appointment of Roy Hodgson as the club’s manager.

The ex-England national team boss is joined by his trusted assistant Ray Lewington, who managed the Hornets so admirably from 2002 until 2005.

Best known for leading the Three Lions during a four-year spell which took in Euro 2012, World Cup 2014 and Euro 2016, Hodgson has also managed extensively at club level in England and across the world.

Most notably in this country, he led Fulham to their highest ever Premier League finish and Europa League qualification, where the Cottagers knocked out the likes of Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg on their way to the final, eventually losing to Atlético Madrid.

Named 2010 LMA Manager of the Year for his Craven Cottage exploits, Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager the following season and later took the reins at fellow Premier League clubs West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace.

He led the Eagles to an 11th-placed finish in 2017/18 despite taking over a team that had lost its first four league matches without finding the net.

Internationally, Hodgson has held the manager’s position with the likes of Malmo, Inter Milan, Copenhagen and Udinese – and he also led the national teams in Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Finland.

Hodgson and Lewington begin preparations immediately for Watford’s next Premier League fixture; away to Burnley on Saturday February 5.

Welcome to Watford, Roy. And welcome back, Ray![/article]

Anthony Martial - Sevilla (loan)

[article]Sevilla FC and Manchester United FC have reached an agreement which will see Anthony Martial, born in Massy, France on 5th December 1995, join the club on loan until the end of the current season. The club have completed a major signing and have strengthened their attacking options, with the player able to play either as a striker or on either flank, preferably on the left, where he can cut inside.

Martial began his career at Olympique Lyonnais in the 2012/13 season, making his debut in the UEFA Europa League, which he would go on to win a few years later. He featured on four occasions in all competitions that season, including in Ligue 1. He then moved to AS Monaco, where he played for two full seasons. He went on to make 70 appearances for the club, with matches across Ligue 1, the two French cup tournaments and the UEFA Champions League, featuring in Europe's elite competition for the first time aged 19. He clocked up fifteen goals and eight assists in his time there. His performances for Monaco, particularly in the 2014/15 campaign when he burst onto the scene, helped him to secure a call-up to the national team from Didier Deschamps, after playing for the lower age groups. He made his full international debut in September 2015 against Portugal.

In September 2015, he made the move to Manchester United, with the English club spending 60 million euros to prise him away from France. In his first season, he netted on 17 occasions and set up another nine in all competitions. In the two seasons afterwards, he did not score as many goals, but made up for that with more assists, scoring 19 and assisting 17 in those two campaigns. In 2016/17, the Frenchman was part of the Manchester United squad that won the UEFA Europa League, beating Ajax in the final. Manchester United also picked up the EFL Cup that year, taking Martial's trophy haul at the club up to four, after winning the FA Cup and the Community Shield in 2016.

His best season was yet to come, however. In the 2019/20 season, the attacker made nearly fifty appearances in all competitions and scored on 23 occasions, including 17 in the Premier League, whilst setting up another 12 goals for his teammates. Despite the fact that he did not start as often for United since then, Deschamps continued to call him up for international duty, and he was part of the squad that won the UEFA Nations League against Spain in October. In total, Martial has 30 international caps, and has scored twice and assisted a further eight. [/article]

Samuel Kalu - Watford (€500k plus add ons)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to announce the signing of Nigerian international winger Samuel Kalu on a deal until June 2025 from French club FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

The fourth new signing of the January window, Kalu joins full-back Hassane Kamara, central defender Samir and midfielder Edo Kayembe at Vicarage Road.

The 24-year-old signs for the Hornets following three-and-a-half successful years in France’s top tier, where he scored nine goals.

Capable of playing on either flank, Kalu is a versatile option in a competitive squad, typically operating on the right wing.

The quick-footed attacker first played for Slovakian side AS Trenčín after moving to Europe from his native Nigeria, and earned a switch to Belgian giants KAA Gent in 2017 following impressive performances. He then joined Bordeaux in August 2018, where he has since made 86 appearances for Les Girondins.

Kalu also has plenty of experience at European and international level, having played Europa League and Champions League qualifying football at his three previous clubs. Making his Super Eagles debut in September 2018, the winger also has 17 caps for Nigeria, scoring on his last competitive start against Benin.

He will wear the number 28 at Watford.

Welcome to the Golden Boys, Samuel![/article]

Sold just 6 months after signing for Rangers

Juninho Bacuna - Birmingham (undisclosed fee)

[article]Blues are delighted to announce the signing of Juninho Bacuna.

The 24-year-old midfielder arrives from Rangers for an undisclosed fee (subject to international clearance) and becomes Lee Bowyer’s fourth capture of the month, after Teden Mengi, Taylor Richards and Onel Hernandez all joined on loan.

After passing his medical at Wast Hills Training Ground, he put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Club.

Bacuna arrives from the Scottish Premiership Champions, having enjoyed a professional club career in three different nations to date. This started in the Netherlands with hometown side Groningen, whom he represented for three years, lifted the Dutch cup with in 2015 and represented in the UEFA Europa League.

From the largest city in Northern Holland the newly capped Netherlands Under-21 player joined Premier League Huddersfield Town on a three-year contract. This stint with the Terriers brought over a century of appearances and a total of 21 goal contributions.

A switch north of the border followed last summer, with the 12-time Curacao international making Ibrox his most recent destination. Under the management of Steven Gerrard and then Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Bacuna featured 12 times in the first-half of the current campaign and was on target in the Light Blues' title defence.

Now ready for his new chapter in the Second City, the newest addition to Bowyer’s side gave his first interview as a Birmingham City player when he chatted to BluesTV.

"It is nice to be here, [I am] excited to get going.

"I have got the opportunity to play games and show my abilities - Birmingham is a nice city. It is a big club and I am really excited to be here.

"The most important thing is to build something with the team and the Club. I have got three-and-a-half years to do it, I am going to do everything to make it an incredible time."

Bacuna will wear the number 21 shirt for Blues.[/article]

Quite a coup for Rangers

Amad Diallo - Rangers (loan)

[article]RANGERS are today delighted to announce the loan signing of Amad Diallo from Manchester United until the end of the season.

The 19 year-old winger goes straight into the Gers squad for Saturday’s match at Ross County, and will add further to manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s attacking options, given his pedigree from two of Europe’s top leagues as well as continental competition.

The Ivory Coast internationalist initially joined Premier League United from Serie A Atalanta last January for a fee in excess of £30m, and has featured in the Champions League and Europa League for both clubs.

He has also been capped twice by his national team and has one goal to his name so far.

Speaking upon his arrival in Glasgow, Diallo commented: “I am delighted to join Rangers until the end of the season.

“It is fantastic for me at this stage of my career to have the opportunity to come to such a big club that is challenging on a number of fronts and will give me some excellent opportunities to test myself in many environments.

“I look forward to training with my teammates for the first-time tomorrow and to meeting the fans for the first time at Ross County on Saturday.”

Manager, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, continued: “I am really pleased to add Amad to our squad for the rest of the season.

“He is a player who I have been aware of for some time, and when the opportunity to sign him came up, we very keen to make it happen.

“He will add a lot to our squad and provide even more competition for the players in the forward areas.”

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “This is a really exciting signing for us as Amad was highly sought after by a number of clubs.

"We have been working hard with Manchester United and Amad’s agents throughout January to reach an agreement for Amad to become a Rangers player.

“We have stayed patient in our discussions as we know what Amad can bring to our group. Amad and Manchester United had an array of options this window across the Premier League and in Europe, so needless to say, I’m absolutely delighted that we have been able to convince both Manchester United and Amad that Rangers is the perfect place for him to continue to showcase his undoubted and exciting talent.”
[/article]

Calum Chambers - Aston Villa (free transfer)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Calum Chambers from Arsenal.

The versatile defender, who can operate at both centre-back and right-back, has agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Chambers graduated into the first team from the academy at Southampton before earning a move to Arsenal in 2014. He has also enjoyed loan stints at Middlesbrough and Fulham.

Capped by England, the 27-year-old has made five appearances for the Gunners this season.[/article]

Robin Gosens - Inter (loan with obligation to buy for reportedly €25m)

[article]The German international had a medical this morning and put pen to paper on the contract at the Nerazzurri headquarters.

This represents another extraordinary bit of business for Atalanta, who purchased the 27-year-old from Dutch side Heracles Almelo in the summer of 2017 for just €1.17m.

He had also been heavily linked with Newcastle United, who had been prepared to offer more both for the transfer fee and his salary.

However, Gosens chose Inter to continue his career in the Champions League and at the top of Serie A.

He is expected to earn €2.5m per season plus bonuses for four-and-a-half years.

The current campaign has been dominated by a serious muscular injury, but he still scored two goals with one assist in eight competitive games.

Last season, Gosens scored 12 goals and provided eight assists in 44 matches for Atalanta.[/article]

Shota Arveladze - Hull City (Manager)

[article]Hull City are delighted to announce the appointment of Shota Arveladze as the club’s new head coach on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 48-year-old has managed over 300 games across spells with five clubs in three different countries, boasting a win percentage of over 50%.

His last managerial post came in Uzbekistan with FC Pakhtakor Tashkent from 2017 to 2020, where he was appointed by the same ownership group as Everton.

During his three-year spell, Arveladze won five trophies, including two Uzbekistan Super League titles and reached the Asian Champions League semi-finals.

He has also managed in Turkey with Kayserispor, Kasımpaşa and Trabzonspor, Israel with Maccabi Tel Aviv and coached in Holland alongside Louis van Gaal, Ronald Koeman and Dick Advocaat at AZ Alkmaar.

Georgia’s all-time leading scorer with 26 goals in 61 caps, the prolific former striker plundered over 300 goals and won 18 major honours during a distinguished 18-year playing career.

He lifted league titles in Scotland with Rangers, Holland with Ajax and his homeland with Dinamo Tbilisi, being named Georgian Footballer of the Year on three occasions.

Arveladze said: “I want to say thank you to everyone who has given me this opportunity. I believe everyone who is in this sector in football wants to be in England and I am just really happy and my family is proud.

“I am so motivated and have the hunger to show this club can do well with the boys, with the quality, with the young talents that we have.

“We have parts (of the team) where we are very creative, talented, parts with experience. It’s a good mix.

“I like attractive football when supporters are on your side – they want to come, they love to come to watch the game.

“It’s great to have this game (Swansea City) as soon as possible. I’m really looking forward to being here to meet the supporters.

“We’re going to try our best to show really good football, attacking football. The main target is always going to be to win.

“The fans have to come and cheer for the club they love and the boys. We have great players to come and have the pleasure to watch them.

“Let’s do this together, let’s cheer together and let’s win together.”[/article]

Daniel Wass - Atlético Madrid (reportedly €2.7m)

[article]
Atletico Madrid have announced the signature of Daniel Wass. Los Rojiblancos have signed the Danish international from Valencia on a contract that will run until the summer of 2023.

Diego Simeone was keen to bring in another right-back after losing Kieran Trippier to Newcastle United earlier in the window. Wass, 32, is versatile and can play in midfield and defence.

Wass began his career with Brondby before joining Benfica. He came to Spain with Celta Vigo in 2015 after a spell in France with Evian. He spent three years in Galicia before joining Valencia.

Atletico need him. The reigning champions are currently fourth in La Liga but only a point ahead of fifth-placed Barcelona, who they play next at Camp Nou. Real Betis are four points away in third although they’ve played a game more than Atletico.

Given Wass was going to see his contract at Wanda Metropolitano expire in the summer, Valencia will consider it good business to have secured a fee, however small, for him. They’re currently 10th in La Liga.
[/article]

Pietro Pellegri - Torino (loan with option to buy for reportedly €6m)

[article]
Torino have signed Monaco striker Pietro Pellegri on-loan.

Pellegri joins to the end of the season with an option to buy.

He joins Toro after his loan with AC Milan was terminated this week.

“Torino are delighted to announce the signing Pietro Pellegri from Monaco on loan with an option to buy," a club statement read.

Torino's option to buy is reportedly for €6m.
[/article]

Seems to be a lot of try before you buy deals going around these days.

Last edited:
Robin Gosens - Inter (loan with obligation to buy for reportedly €25m)

[article]The German international had a medical this morning and put pen to paper on the contract at the Nerazzurri headquarters.

This represents another extraordinary bit of business for Atalanta, who purchased the 27-year-old from Dutch side Heracles Almelo in the summer of 2017 for just €1.17m.

He had also been heavily linked with Newcastle United, who had been prepared to offer more both for the transfer fee and his salary.

However, Gosens chose Inter to continue his career in the Champions League and at the top of Serie A.

He is expected to earn €2.5m per season plus bonuses for four-and-a-half years.

The current campaign has been dominated by a serious muscular injury, but he still scored two goals with one assist in eight competitive games.

Last season, Gosens scored 12 goals and provided eight assists in 44 matches for Atalanta.[/article]

All sorts of clauses nowadays

Mohamed Ihattaren - Ajax (1 year loan loan with option to buy)

[article]Ajax have reached an agreement with Juventus FC for the loan of Mohamed Ihattaren. The 19-year-old player, who can play several positions, joins on loan immediately from the Italian club where he is under contract.

The lease has a term of almost one year, up to and including December 31, 2022. An option to purchase the player is included in the agreement.

Ihattaren (Utrecht, 12 February 2002) is a product of PSV's youth academy and eventually made the switch to Juventus in the summer of 2021. The Italian club loaned him out directly to Serie A club Sampdoria, where he did not feature. Ihattaren is currently in quarantine, after which he will join up with Jong Ajax.

Director of football affairs Marc Overmars: "Mo Ihattaren is only 19 years old and is regarded as one of the greatest talents in our country. However, due to certain circumstances, he hasn't played any games for a long time. With us he will continue to work on his fitness at Jong Ajax. There he can then show that he is still the good player that we know. I am very curious. We offer him this opportunity and we are going to help him, but of course it starts with himself and he knows that."[/article]

Finley Burns - Swansea (loan)

[article]Swansea City has completed the signing of defender Finley Burns on loan from Manchester City for the remainder of the 2021-22 season, subject to international clearance.

The 18-year-old is Russell Martin’s fourth acquisition of the January transfer window following the arrivals of Andy Fisher, Cyrus Christie and Hannes Wolf.

Burns is a towering central defender, standing at 6’5” and has been with Manchester City since the age of 13 after signing from Southend.

An England Under-18 international, the defender signed his first professional contract with the Premier League side in July 2020 and was a key part of their FA Youth Cup winning team of 2020 and Premier League 2 title win in 2020/21.

Burns has handed his first team debut by Pep Guardiola in Manchester City's 6-1 Carabao Cup win over Wycombe back in September and recently signed a new contract with the Premier League leaders until 2027.[/article]

Tiago Tomás - Stuttgart (loan with option to buy)

[article]VfB Stuttgart have bolstered their attacking options with the loan signing of Portuguese U21 international Tiago Tomás from Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Tiago Tomás was in action for Sporting on Saturday evening, helping them win the Portuguese League Cup with victory over SL Benfica. The 19-year-old striker joins on an initial loan until 30 June 2023, with VfB having the option to make the move permanent.

VfB sporting director Sven Mislintat:

“We’ve been following Tiago’s development for a long time. He brings a lot of qualities that will give us more options in attacking areas. Tiago won the Portuguese title with Sporting last season and won the League Cup very recently. He has also played in the Champions League and proven his qualities there as well. We’re very happy that he has chosen VfB and welcome him to Stuttgart with open arms.”

Tiago Tomás:

“I’m very happy to be here. VfB are a club with great history – one of the biggest in Germany. The Bundesliga is a very demanding league and I’ll try to do my best to help my new team.”[/article]

Ryan Hedges - Blackburn (reportedly £200k)

[article]Rovers are delighted to confirm the signing of winger Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen for an undisclosed fee.

The Welsh international has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal at Ewood Park, through to June 2025, with the option of an additional 12 months.

Hedges becomes Rovers’ fourth signing of the January transfer window, following the earlier arrivals of James Brown from Drogheda United, Deyovaisio Zeefuik from Hertha Berlin and Dilan Markanday from Tottenham Hotspur.

Born in Northampton, Hedges came through the youth ranks at Everton, before signing his first professional contract with Rovers’ next Championship opponents, Swansea City.

During his four years at the Liberty Stadium, he had loan spells with Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Yeovil Town, before Barnsley secured his services on a permanent deal in January 2017.

His impressive performances for the Tykes saw him rewarded with international recognition, with Hedges making his debut for Wales in a friendly against Panama in November 2017. He has since earned further international caps against Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

During his time at Oakwell, Hedges played 59 games for the club and helped Barnsley earn automatic promotion to the Championship in 2018-19.

The versatile winger, who can play in a variety of attacking areas, joined Aberdeen at the end of that season, making his Dons debut in the Europa League soon after.

He helped Aberdeen finish fourth in the Scottish Premiership in his first two seasons at Pittodrie and won both the Players’ Player of the Year and Player of the Year awards after an impressive 2020-21 campaign, in which he scored nine goals in 32 appearances.

This season, the 26-year-old has scored five goals in 22 appearances for the Dons.

After completing his move to Ewood, Hedges will link up with his new Rovers team-mates for the first time tomorrow.
[/article]

Josuha Guilavogui - Bordeaux (loan with option to buy)

[article]Josuha Guilavogui, one of VfL Wolfsburg’s longest serving players, has left the club with immediate effect. The 31-year-old has returned to his native France to link up with Ligue 1 outfit Girondins Bordeaux after VfL bosses accepted the midfielder’s transfer request. Guilavogui joined the Wolves in summer 2014 and was still under contract until 2023.

“An emotional farewell”
The Frenchman says the decision to leave was based purely on sporting matters. “It was very difficult for me because my family and I felt at home in Wolfsburg,” he said. “We made a lot of friends here, I’ll always have very fond memories of our time at VfL and I’ll certainly return for the odd visit. Seven and a half years is a very long time for a professional, which is why VfL will always have a special place in my heart. We’ve experienced a lot together, celebrated triumphs, successfully fought off relegation and qualified for continental competitions. That’s why it’s an emotional farewell. I’d like to thank all the VfL employees, the management, the staff and the fans for a wonderful and unique time here.”

Two trophies, three years as captain
The departure of ‘Josh’ – as the midfielder was known by teammates, fans and friends – marks the end of an exceptionally long journey together in modern football terms. After joining the Wolves on an initial loan deal from Atletico Madrid in summer 2014, the right-footer soon became a key member of the squad both on and off the pitch. He helped VfL finish second place in the Bundesliga and win the DFB Cup in his first season at the club, before winning the Super Cup soon afterwards. In 2016, the holding player completed a permanent move to the Wolves and was also named club captain – a position he held until last summer, when he became vice-captain to Koen Casteels.

After seven and a half years in Wolves colours, the seven-time France international can not only look back on two trophy wins, a runners-up finish in the league and two relegation play-off triumphs, but 239 competitive appearances and 11 goals for the Green-and-Whites.

VfL Wolfsburg would like to thank Josuha Guilavogui for nearly eight years at the club and wish him and his family all the very best back home, both privately and professionally. Merci Josh et prenez soin de vous.[/article]

Jordan Hugill - Cardiff (loan)

[article]We're delighted to welcome forward Jordan Hugill to Cardiff City Stadium.

The Norwich City man has agreed a deal to join the Bluebirds on loan for the rest of the 2021/22 season.

Hugill spent the first half of the 2021/22 campaign on loan with West Bromwich Albion. He has Premier League and Championship experience with a number of teams including West Ham United, Middlesbrough, QPR and Preston North End.

Speaking at The Vale Resort, Jordan said: "I'm delighted to be here. It's nice to be at a Club that values me. I'm really appreciative of that. I can't wait to get firing.

"I'm looking forward to the fight. I feel like we're in a bit of a false position at the moment. We've got a bunch of great players.

"I just want to get involved. I'd like to think I offer something different to what is already here and I'm really looking forward to getting my head down, fighting and scoring some goals."

Jordan will occupy the previously vacant number 9 shirt during his time in South Wales.[/article]

Ryan Hedges - Blackburn (reportedly £200k)

[article]Rovers are delighted to confirm the signing of winger Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen for an undisclosed fee.

The Welsh international has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal at Ewood Park, through to June 2025, with the option of an additional 12 months.

Hedges becomes Rovers’ fourth signing of the January transfer window, following the earlier arrivals of James Brown from Drogheda United, Deyovaisio Zeefuik from Hertha Berlin and Dilan Markanday from Tottenham Hotspur.

Born in Northampton, Hedges came through the youth ranks at Everton, before signing his first professional contract with Rovers’ next Championship opponents, Swansea City.

During his four years at the Liberty Stadium, he had loan spells with Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Yeovil Town, before Barnsley secured his services on a permanent deal in January 2017.

His impressive performances for the Tykes saw him rewarded with international recognition, with Hedges making his debut for Wales in a friendly against Panama in November 2017. He has since earned further international caps against Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

During his time at Oakwell, Hedges played 59 games for the club and helped Barnsley earn automatic promotion to the Championship in 2018-19.

The versatile winger, who can play in a variety of attacking areas, joined Aberdeen at the end of that season, making his Dons debut in the Europa League soon after.

He helped Aberdeen finish fourth in the Scottish Premiership in his first two seasons at Pittodrie and won both the Players’ Player of the Year and Player of the Year awards after an impressive 2020-21 campaign, in which he scored nine goals in 32 appearances.

This season, the 26-year-old has scored five goals in 22 appearances for the Dons.

After completing his move to Ewood, Hedges will link up with his new Rovers team-mates for the first time tomorrow.
[/article]

Blackburn need to sign Josh Benson from West Ham to play alongside this lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom