• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Newcastle United - Remy Cabella (undisclosed fee, reportedly £12 million)
0,,10278~12969132,00.jpg

[article=http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140713/remy-ready-to-be-a-local-hero_2281670_3991142]Newcastle United have completed the signing of attacking midfielder Rémy Cabella from Montpellier.

The 24-year-old French international, who can play on either flank or in a central role, has put pen to paper on a six-year contract at St. James' Park and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

The attacking midfielder may have been on Tyneside for a matter of hours, but already he was intent on integrating with the Geordie ways.

A brief explanation later and Cabella was in the local groove, even signing his first couple of shirts with the Magpies' famous phrase.

"I understand its meaning now," he told nufc.co.uk.

"Every football club has its own signature and its own saying, and 'howay the lads' is Newcastle's.

"It is important for me, as a new player, to get to know things like this about the Club.

"I want to learn as much as I can and I look forward to finding out a lot more."

Another thing the 24-year-old is relishing is the opening weekend of the 2014/15 season, when a packed St. James' Park will see Newcastle take on Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City.

Cabella had a look around the famous stadium before completing the formalities on his six-year contract, and cannot wait to see it full.
"It is a magnificent place," proclaimed the French international.

"I have seen lots of photographs of the supporters and the black and white strip, but you cannot see the ambience in photos and that is something I am really looking forward to experiencing.

"I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

"I wanted to join a great English club and that is why I have arrived here. I'm looking forward to pulling on the shirt and playing in this magnificent stadium, and I will give this Club my maximum."[/article]

Trabzonspor - Vahid Halilhodzic (Head Coach)
188031_newsdetail.JPG

[article]Vahid Halilhodzic, who led Algeria to the second round of the World Cup in Brazil, has been appointed coach of Turkish club Trabzonspor, the club said over the weekend.

It will be Halilhodzic's second spell at Black Sea side Trabzonspor, where he worked previously in 2005. He has also coached in Croatia, France, the Ivory Coast, Morocco and Saudi Arabia.

Details of the deal with the 61-year-old Bosnian, who last week turned down pleas from Algeria's president to stay with the North African nation, were not disclosed.

Halilhodzic, a former Yugoslav international striker, had a testy relationship with the Algerian Football Federation and the country's media but emerged a folk hero after Algeria got past the group stage of the World Cup for the first time in four attempts.

The Algerians were beaten 2-1 in extra time by Germany in the last 16 of the World Cup in Porto Alegre. Algeria had already lined up Frenchman Christian Gourcuff as Halilhodzic's successor after he said several months ago that he would not renew his contract after the World Cup. [/article]

Southampton - Graziano Pellè (undisclosed fee, reportedly £8 million)
graziano-pelle-shirt-signing148-1749303_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/12072014-statement-southampton-football-club-graziano-pelle-1749319.aspx#hHwpgTqKY4A0VxCh.99]Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of prolific Italian forward Graziano Pellè.

The 28 year-old joins Saints for an undisclosed fee, and has signed a three-year contract to keep him at St Mary’s until the summer of 2017.

Pellè joins from Dutch side Feyenoord, where he spent two goal-laden seasons working under Saints’ new manager, Ronald Koeman.

Since Koeman signed him from Parma in the summer of 2012, the forward has netted 55 times in just 66 matches.

Koeman and Pellè had previously worked together at AZ Alkmaar, and the pair now link up for a third time.

The forward becomes Saints’ second signing of the summer, following the capture of Dušan Tadić from Eredivisie side FC Twente on Tuesday.

“I’m really happy that it’s finally signed,” said Pellè moments after putting pen to paper.

“I had some teams interested in me, but this is going to be the best choice for me because the club wants to keep improving every year.

“The talks between us were only short in terms of how long it took to convince each other. I was pretty sure that, for me, this would be a great step.

“[Ronald] Koeman and I worked together for two amazing years at Feyenoord, and I hope that it will be the same here.

“There are many good things about this club other than the trainer. The Premier League is amazing, and Southampton is showing year-by-year that it wants to improve.

“Last year, everyone in Europe was impressed by the performances of the team, and it’s clear that the club is growing. It’s great to be here.”

First Team Manager Koeman said of his new signing: “I had Graziano in my team for my last two years at Feyenoord. He scored a lot of goals – more than 50 in two seasons – and they brought a lot of points to the club.

“Goals mean points, and we needed a good player in that position after Rickie Lambert left.

“In terms of his qualities, he’s a tall striker with a lot of movement and he’s fast. He’s a player who gives confidence to the team because he keeps the ball, and he’s very dangerous in front of goal.

“He’s almost 29 years old, so he brings a little bit of experience to a young team.

“Overall, we’re pleased to have brought in Graziano after signing Dušan Tadić earlier this week. This shows we are committed to strengthening the team and progressing after last season.

“We know that we need some more players because we haven’t occupied all of the positions. We need more players to bring the squad to where we need and expect.”[/article]

Bsg2ynKIQAEu57J.jpg

Dani Pacheco to Betis

Good for the lad. His former club Alcoron seems to have settled into a comfortable position in their 4 seasons in the second division, making the promotion playoffs twice and finishing 9th the other two times. However, Betis seems to be at a different level, having spent the past 60 years either in the top or second division, usually spending 2 to 3 seasons in the second division before being promoted again, where their stay has varied from as short as 1 season to as long as 10 seasons. The move will hopefully give Pacheco more of a chance to play in the La Liga level in the near future.

He spent quite a few years with us but wasn't good enough, but I think he remains a Red supporter like Garcia.

Burnley - Lukas Jutkiewicz (undisclosed fee, reportedly £1.5 million)
JS22891155.jpg

[article=http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/lukas-jutkiewicz-signs-110714-1745281.aspx#waKzMsZskTSWrkgf.99]Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of former Middlesbrough forward Lukas Jutkiewicz for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old, who has signed a three-year deal at Turf Moor, ended the 2013-14 campaign on loan at Bolton Wanderers and scored seven goals in 20 games during his time at the Reebok Stadium.

Southampton-born Jutkiewicz began his career with his hometown club’s academy before signing for Swindon Town in 2006.

At the County Ground he made his debut at the age of 17 as a substitute against Swansea City and went on to contribute five goals as the club secured promotion to League One.

In 2007, David Moyes took Jutkiewicz to Everton for an undisclosed fee and he was loaned out to Plymouth Argyle to gain first-team experience.

Further loan spells at Huddersfield and Motherwell followed before he was transferred to Coventry City in 2010.

Jutkiewicz contributed 18 league goals in 67 appearances for The Sky Blues during a two-year spell in the Midlands.

He then made a permanent move to Middlesbrough, after an initial emergency loan, in 2012 and made a blistering start to his time on Teeside. Despite an injury setback at the start of the 2012-13 season, ‘The Juke’ scored four goals in three starts before adding a further six to finish the campaign on 10 goals.

And after starting the 2013-14 campaign at Boro, he joined Bolton Wanderers on loan in January and completed the season there.

Jutkiewicz becomes the second frontman to join Turf Moor this summer following on from the addition of Marvin Sordell.

And Clarets boss Sean Dyche is pleased with how his front-line is shaping up ahead of the campaign.

He said: “We’re looking forward to getting him into the group and making him feel welcome here.

“I still think there is development in Lukas, he’s 25 and has been around a little bit now and he finished last season very strongly.

“I feel there is even more to come and he’ll be hungry for that. He’ll be working with a good groupd who are all hungry to not only achieve things but to keep pushing themselves as individuals.

“That’s a big part of our mentality and he’ll fit into that very nicely.

“He’s a physical presence who can hold the ball up very well and link play. We think there is goals in him and it is very similar to the Sam Vokes story where he’s always done well and we’re looking for him to build on what he’s done.

“There is a nice demand now in that area of the pitch as all the players offer something different to the team so we’re happy with how that is developing.”

Jutkiewicz will now join up with his Clarets' teammates for their pre-season training camp in Austria.
[/article]

Newcastle's training centre looks like some awful house extension gone wrong. Is that the best they could do?

The architect was so hurt by the criticism of his building style that he has moved into a new career, & is now the number one hairdressing choice of new Newcastle signings.

Porto - Bruno Martins Indi (€7.7million)
Bsh-BAvIgAAK78j.jpg

[article]Porto have confirmed the €7.7million signing of Feyenoord central defender Bruno Martins Indi on a four-year contract.

Having broken into the first team four seasons ago Martins Indi, who was born in Portugal, went on to make 102 league appearances, and was a regular for Ronald Koeman last season as Feyenoord finished second in the Eredivisie.

He started five matches at the FIFA World Cup as the Netherlands reached the semi-finals of the competition before a penalty-shootout defeat to Argentina.

With the World Cup over he is now set to become the latest to leave De Kuip after Koeman and Graziano Pelle moved to Southampton, while Daryl Janmaat is on the verge of joining Newcastle.

Techincal director Martin van Geel revealed the Dutch club had not stood in the defender's way to and wished him well.

"This move comes at a good time for Bruno in his career," he told the club's official website. "A big part of his development has come through Feyenoord and he has become a major player in our first team and has become a full international.

"Now he is ready to move abroad. He is one example of what we do with our talents. We wish Bruno good luck with this new challenge in his career. "

The player himself admitted he felt the need to leave in order to test himself at a higher level, and he hopes Feyenoord can benefit from his departure.

"To me, this feels like the right time to leave," the defender said. "I now have over 100 games for the club and played in a World Cup.

"I have said from the beginning that I hoped that if I ever make the next step in my career that it would be better for myself or the club.

"Feyenoord will benefit financially from my departure while I'm set for a new challenge in Portugal."

Porto have inserted a €40m release clause into the 22-year-old's contract that will run until 2018. [/article]

Espanyol - Felipe Caicedo (free transfer)
BsruAxBIgAAudng.jpg

[article]Espanyol have announced the signing of Ecuador international, Felipe Caicedo, who joins Los Periquitos on a two-year contract.

It’s a move that has taken some time to complete, given Espanyol have been interested in Felipe Caicedo for some considerable time, but on Tuesday, the club officially announced his capture.

25-year-old Caidedo joins Espanyol on a two-year contract during the afternoon with club president, Joan Collet, having secured his release on a free transfer from Qatari club, Al-Jazira.

Having previously had spells in La Liga with both Levante and Málaga, the Equador international, who competed at this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, will spend the night in Barcelona before linking up with his new team-mates, at their pre-season training base in Garòs.[/article]

Inter Milan - Yann M'Vila (loan with option to buy)
Bsm1x3OCQAAYYH0.png

[article=http://www.inter.it/en/news/45996]FC Internazionale has completed the transfer of Yann M'Vila from Rubin Kazan. The French midfielder joins the Nerazzurri on loan with an option to purchase.

M'Vila will be unveiled at a press conference at the Paladolomiti in Pinzolo on Saturday 19 July 2014.[/article]

Besiktas - Demba Ba (£8 million)
Ba%201.jpg

[article]Demba Ba has left Chelsea to join Turkish side Besiktas, the player has confirmed.

The striker, who joined Chelsea from Newcastle United for £7m in January 2013, is expected to take the No 9 shirt for the top-flight Turkish side, although they have yet to confirm the deal.

The 29-year-old Senegalese international will leave Stamford Bridge after falling further down the pecking order behind Fernando Torres and new £32m signing Diego Costa.

He scored 14 goals in 51 appearances for the west London side.[/article]

Atletico Madrid - Jan Oblak (€16 million)
Bsrk-0sCQAI8g5n.jpg

[article=http://en.clubatleticodemadrid.com/noticias/atletico-and-benfica-reach-an-agreement-for-the-transfer-of-oblak]Atlético de Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement for the transfer of Jan Oblak to our Club, pending the corresponding medical examination and the subsequent signing of the player's contract. The Slovenian goalkeeper would be committing for the next six seasons.

The goalkeeper was born in Škofja Loka (Slovenia) on January 7th, 1993. He’s a full international player with the Slovenian National Team, where he made his debut on September 11th, 2012 against Norway. His 186 centimetres in height make Oblak a sober and highly reliable goalkeeper.

The Slovenian goalkeeper won the treble with the Portuguese Benfica last season. With the Lisbon Club he played 36 matches and helped his teammates win Portugal’s Son Zagres League trophy, the Cup and the League Cup. At the same time, he played a significant role in the UEFA Europa League, where he played in five matches, including the final.

Atlético’s new goalkeeper was trained in the lower categories of the Slovenian Olimpija Ljubliana, where he played several campaigns in its subsidiary, until he finally made his debut with the first team in the 2009-2010 season. Benfica contracted his services the next season, playing on loan with SC Beira-Mar, SC Olhanense, União Leiria and Rio Ave before making the final leap to Benfica and establishing himself as one of the goalkeepers with more projection in the international football scene.

José Luis Pérez Caminero was very satisfied with the reached agreement. For our Sporting Director, Jan Oblak "Is a goalkeeper with a great quality and future, who will contribute a lot due to his enormous qualities. He’s one of the goalkeepers with more projection in the world and we’re very pleased to be able to count on him. It’s great news for our Club", Caminero said. [/article]

Benfica's title winning squad broken up. Garay, Markovic, Oblak, Siqueira (end of loan), Gomes ...

Juventus - Massimiliano Allegri (Head Coach)
2972713e-869b-4b4f-b04e-8476f4683c44.jpg

[article]Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta insists new Old Lady Coach Max Allegri has been hired to continue the club’s recent success.

The former Milan boss takes over from Antonio Conte, who guided the Bianconeri to three straight Scudetti during his spell in charge in Turin.

“The objective is always to continue to win, so we had to act with extreme speed because the season started a few days ago,” Marotta said at the Press conference to announce Allegri’s unveiling.

“So, we identified the person with the profile best suited to replacing a winning Coach like Antonio Conte.

“Here with me is Max Allegri, who you know well. Max Allegri is a Coach who has shown he can win every time he has been called to.

“He won the League with Sassuolo, he did very well with Cagliari at a club who see survival as the prime target. That year, he earned recognition by winning the Serie A Coach of the Year award.

“Then, he was appointed by Milan and in his first year he won the Scudetto. We are opening this chapter with the principles and ideals that have been there throughout our history.

“We want to continue our cycle of victories.”

New Juventus Coach Max Allegri admits the call made to him to take charge of the Bianconeri was a bolt from the blue.

The former Milan boss replaces Antonio Conte in the Juve dugout, with the former Coach having only left his post yesterday evening.

“From today we will begin to work together,” Allegri said at a Press conference today. “For me it’s an honour, it was a bolt form the blue when I was called yesterday to ask whether I was available to coach Juventus.

“I am very happy and I know the importance of coaching Juventus. From tomorrow I will begin to work, together with the club, the players and the internationals who took part at the World Cup, in order to face up to an important and winning season.

“To do this we need good organisation in our work, something that over the last three years the players and the Coach have shown.

“Juventus is a club with history, tradition and a club which is constructing the present and future.

“At this moment I need to think about both the present and the future, I have inherited a team that has been winning for three years.

“I am here to put myself at the disposal of the club and the players, in order to contribute to this club continuing to win.”[/article]

Newcastle Utd - Emmanuel Rivière (undisclosed fee, reportedly £4.7 million)
0,,10278~12975229,00.jpg

[article=http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140716/newcastle-land-emmanuel-riviere_2281670_4006304]Emmanuel Rivière has become Newcastle United's fifth signing of the summer, after completing a switch from Monaco.

The 24-year-old French forward, has agreed a long-term contract on Tyneside and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

Born in Martinique, Rivière joined Saint-Étienne from local side Espoir Sainte-Luce in 2005 and rose through their ranks before making his debut in January 2009.

Two-and-a-half years later, the front man was on the move again, this time to Toulouse, where he was a teammate of current Magpie Moussa Sissoko.

Rivière's form for le Téfécé caught the eye of Monaco, who secured his services in January 2013.

The former France Under-21 international helped fire Monaco to the Ligue 2 title in his first few months at the club, before he struck 13 goals in 36 appearances last season.

Rivière said: "I'm very happy to be here at Newcastle.

"When the Club spoke to me I said yes immediately. It was an easy decision because Newcastle is a big club with great fans and a good stadium.

"My dream was always to play in the Premier League and Newcastle have given me the opportunity to realise that."

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew said: "This is an important signing because the striking area is one we really had to improve.

"We have looked at Emmanuel for a while and we know he will score goals for us.

"He is quick, hungry for success and will love having 50,000 Geordies cheering him on and singing his name.

"I am really looking forward to integrating Emmanuel in the group and cannot wait to see him in action for us."[/article]

Nottingham Forest - Michael Mancienne (£1.5 million)
mancienne-4340-1763784_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/reds-swoop-for-mancienne-1762674.aspx]Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of defender Michael Mancienne on a three-year deal from German side Hamburg.

The 26-year-old started his career with Chelsea but after finding game time limited at Stamford Bridge, he made two separate loan moves to Queens Park Rangers and featured 61 times for the Loftus Road side.

Mancienne's time in West London aided his development and he made another loan move, this time to Wolves, helping the Molineux outfit achieve promotion to the Premier League in the 2009-10 campaign.

After suffering a thigh injury which kept him out for three months, Mancienne returned to help Wolves avoid relegation before deciding to head away from England as he was snapped up by Hamburg on a four-year deal in May 2011.

The versatile defender, who can play all across the backline, made 51 appearances for the German side in total and also knows Forest manager Stuart Pearce from his days in the England youth set-up, appearing 31 times for the Under 21s during Pearce’s stewardship.

Pearce flew back from The Reds’ training camp in Portugal yesterday to meet with Mancienne to finalise the deal and he now becomes Forest's fifth signing of the summer.[/article]

Roma - Juan Manuel Iturbe (€22 million)
iturbe-celebrate490ai_12.jpg

[article]Juan Manuel Iturbe is officially a Roma player after agreeing a €22m move from Hellas Verona.

The Giallorossi released a statement confirming the transfer was worth €22m with performance-based add-ons up to €2.5m.

The player has signed a five-year contract, terminating June 30 2019.

Iturbe underwent part of his medical this evening and will complete the necessary tests tomorrow morning.

The Argentine forward just turned 21 and Verona activated their €15m buy-out clause after he spent last season in Serie A on loan from Porto.
He scored eight goals in 33 games and provided five assists.

Targeted by Juventus, Milan, Atletico Madrid and Benfica, Roma made the decisive push last night.

The €24.5m is considerably less than the €28-30m predicted by many sources, but it's reported a portion will go to his agent, which takes it up to around €30m.[/article]

Michael Mancienne has that, "cant believe I'm still a Professional footballer and get paid to do this" look.

Michael Mancienne has that, "cant believe I'm still a Professional footballer and get paid to do this" look.
We were linked with him at one stage when he was very young (just broken into the QPR team) and I was shitting myself because he is the flimsiest CB I've seen, he doesn't seem to want to get stuck in. Thankfully we dodged that bullet. Funnily enough the nearest current young player who reminds me of young Mancienne (and we've also been linked with) is Lascalles AT FOREST! If they play the 2 together they'll have a very fast CB pairing but I wouldn't fancy their chances against any sort of physicality.

West Ham - Enner Valencia (undisclosed fee, reportedly £12 million)
Enner_Valencia-Ecuador-Honduras.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20140717/hammers-agree-valencia-transfer_2236884_4012331]West Ham United are delighted to announce that exciting Ecuador international forward Enner Valencia will become the Club's fifth summer signing, subject to a successful work permit hearing.

The Hammers fought off competition from a host of Europe's leading clubs to secure the services of the 25-year-old from Mexican side Pachuca.

Valencia, who impressed hugely in scoring three goals for his country at the FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil, will join West Ham on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Born in the port town of San Lorenzo on the north coast of Ecuador, close to the Colombian border, Valencia began his career with Club Sport Emelec in the city of Guayaquil.

There, the forward helped Emelec to reach the Ecuadorean Serie A Championship Finals and the group stage of the Copa Libertadores - South America's premier continental competition - in both 2010 and 2011.

Valencia starred as Emelec reached the Copa Libertadores round of 16 and the Serie A Championship Finals again in 2012.

In February of the same year, the athletic frontman was handed his senior international debut by Ecuador manager Reinaldo Rueda in a friendly match against Honduras.

The year 2013 was the best of Valencia's career to date, with his club winning the Serie A title for the first time in eleven years and also topping the goalscoring charts in the Copa Sudamerica - South America's equivalent of the UEFA Europa League - with five goals in just four matches.

Valencia was also able to celebrate his first international goal in a 2-2 draw against Honduras last November.

That outstanding form saw the Ecuadorian move to Pachuca in January 2014. In Mexico, he hit the net with unerring regularity, banging in 18 goals in just 23 Torneo Clausura appearances as Pachuca finished as runners-up to Leon.

Prior to his eye-catching World Cup performances, Valencia came to the attention of English football fans when he headed Ecuador in front in their pre-tournament draw with Roy Hodgson's side in Miami.

In Brazil, he picked up where he had left off by opening the scoring in Ecuador's first group-stage fixture against Switzerland. He then netted both goals as the South Americans defeated Honduras 2-1, taking his tally to seven in 13 internationals.

Valencia becomes West Ham's fifth summer signing following the captures of Argentine forward Mauro Zarate, Senegalese midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate, left-back Aaron Cresswell and promising youngster Diego Poyet.

Subject to a successful work permit hearing, he will become the first Ecuadorian to play for the Hammers and the ninth to appear in the Barclays Premier League following the late Christian Benitez, Felipe Caicedo, Segundo Castillo, Ulises de la Cruz, Agustin Delgado, Fernando Guerrero, Ivan Kaviedes and namesake Antonio Valencia.[/article]

Leeds Utd - Gaetano Berardi (undisclosed fee)
gaetano-berardi_zm19mtkknv6q17024n7687p5p.jpg

[article= http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/14pjmrf3g0tuy19xak8gsa54nd/title/united-finalise-berardi-signing#sthash.zdr94js2.dpuf]Leeds United have completed the signing of Switzerland international defender Gaetano Berardi for an undisclosed fee from Serie A side Sampdoria, subject to international clearance. The 25-year-old, who can play at right and left-back, arrives at Elland Road having signed a two-year deal with the club. The defender started his career with Italian side Brescia, where he made more than 100 appearances. During his time with the Italian side he won promotion when Brescia won the 2010 Serie B Play-Offs. In January 2012 he moved to Sampdoria and Berardi once again helped his club secure promotion to Serie B through a successful Play-Offs campaign. The defender also has international caps to his name after playing for the Switzerland Under-20s, Under-21s and he made his full senior international debut in August 2011. The defender is United’s fifth signing of the summer following the arrival of goalkeeping duo Marco Silvestri and Stuart Taylor, midfielder Tommaso Bianchi and striker Souleymane Doukara.[/article]

West Brom - Brown Ideye (reportedly £10 million)
ideye-signing-a151-1768801_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-sign-brown-ideye-in-club-record-transfer-1768950.aspx]ALBION have signed Nigeria international striker Brown Ideye from Dynamo Kiev for a club-record transfer fee.

The 25-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year contract, plus a further year’s option in the club’s favour, after agreeing personal terms and passing a Hawthorns medical.

Ideye will wear the No.9 shirt and becomes the Baggies’ fifth summer signing.

His undisclosed transfer fee surpasses the amount Albion agreed with Sunderland for Stephane Sessegnon last summer.

The marksman, who boasts Champions League experience, arrives with a proven record having notched 74 goals in 182 career league appearances.

Head coach Alan Irvine said: “Brown is a quality striker and I’m looking forward to working with him.

“He’s a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience.”

Ideye will meet his new team-mates when they return from the club’s pre-season training camp in Sacramento, California.

Technical director Terry Burton added: “When I arrived at Albion the recruitment department flagged Brown up as the man at the top of their wish list.

“It is a fantastic signing because of the quality and the potential of the player.

“I can see that he really wants to be here and that he really wants to be playing in the Premier League.

“He’s a dynamic player who likes to get in behind defenders and he has the pace to do so.

“He gets himself into good scoring positions in the box and if there are opportunities then he will get on the end of them.

“We’re looking forward to seeing him play for the club and scoring goals.”

The 5ft11in forward started his career in Nigeria with Ocean Boys before moving to Swiss outfit Neuchâtel Xamax after impressing at the 2007 Fifa World Youth Championship.

He fired 23 goals in just 55 appearances for Xamax before moving on to Sochaux in France, where he helped his new club achieve a fifth-place Ligue 1 finish, scoring 15 goals.

During his time with Sochaux, he made his international debut for Nigeria in a 2-1 defeat against South Korea in August 2010.

After being snapped up by Dynamo Kiev in July 2011, he netted 12 goals in his first season with the Ukrainian giants, as they finished as runners-up to Shakhtar Donetsk.

He netted 34 goals in 74 league appearances during his three seasons in Kiev.

In 2013 Ideye helped Nigeria clinch their third Africa Cup of Nations title, scoring in the 4-1 semi-final victory over Mali.

In total he has five goals for the Super Eagles, having been capped on 24 occasions.[/article]

Napoli - Michu (loan - loan fee reportedly in excess of £1 million with option to sign for £8 million)
Bsxmg0-CAAApRjO.jpg

[article]Swansea City have confirmed that Michu has completed a move to Napoli on a season-long loan.

The Spanish forward joined the Premier League side two years ago but has been heavily linked with the Partenopei throughout the summer.

Now, the Welsh club have confirmed that the 28-year-old has finalised a switch to San Paolo, with Rafa Benitez’s team having the option to sign him permanently at the end of the coming season.

“Swansea City can confirm that Michu has joined Napoli on a season-long loan with an agreed option to buy,” a statement on the Swans’ website reads.

“The 28-year-old completed a medical earlier today and will now link up with Rafa Benitez's side ahead of the new campaign.”[/article]

Panathinaikos - Luke Steele
Steele_2685076.jpg

[article]Luke Steele has paid tribute to Barnsley's supporters after agreeing to join Greek outfit Panathinaikos.

The shot stopper admitted that leaving Oakwell was the hardest decision of his life and insisted the move was not motivated by financial gain.

"I want the fans to know how hard this decision was," he told the club's website. "It was the hardest decision in football that I've ever had to make.

"There were times when I thought I'd be here forever and I really did want to break all the records and play longer than anyone else.

"That made it more emotional for me to leave. Leaving is huge and I want to thank all of the fans for being so good with me from the start."

Steele, who joined Barnsley from West Bromwich Albion in 2008, made 227 appearances for the Tykes.[/article]

Torino - Fabio Quagliarella (€3.5 million)
Bs2NY_PCIAAXzm8.jpg:large

[article]Juventus have confirmed that they have sold Fabio Quagliarella to city rivals Torino for a fee of €3.5m payable over three years.

The two Turin clubs were seen as close to finalising the 31-year-old’s cross-city move yesterday, with the striker undergoing a medical having previously agreed personal terms.

Now, the Bianconeri have confirmed the operation’s completion, with a brief statement released on their official website.

“Juventus announces that it has finalised an agreement with Torino for the permanent transfer of the rights to player Fabio Quagliarella for an amount of €3.5m payable over three years.

“This operation generates a positive economic effect of about €0.9m.”

Torino have also confirmed the move in a similar, short statement released through their official website.

The move ends a four-year association between Juve and Quagliarella, with the forward departing with a record of 23 goals from 84 League appearances and five major honours won.

It is also a return to Quagliarella’s first career club, where he developed through the youth academy and with who he debuted in Serie A in 2000.[/article]

Derby - George Thorne (undisclosed fee)
thornekitsmile-4x3129-1769245_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-complete-the-signing-of-george-thorne-from-west-bromwich-albion-1769253.aspx#AGjvSEgCJwZ337G7.99]Derby County is delighted to confirm the signing of George Thorne from Premier League West Bromwich Albion.

The 21-year-old midfielder has penned a four-year deal at the iPro Stadium after an undisclosed fee was agreed with the Baggies.

Thorne was identified as one of Derby’s top transfer targets this summer after he impressed during a loan spell with the Rams last season.

He made 12 appearances in total and scored twice, with stunning long range strikes against Doncaster Rovers and Brighton & Hove Albion.

An England youth international at Under 16, 17, 18 and 19 level, Thorne quickly became a fans’ favourite during his temporary spell with the Rams.

Head Coach Steve McClaren said: “We’re really pleased that George Thorne has joined us on a permanent basis.

“I am sure the fans will be delighted to welcome him back and we’re equally pleased that he sees Derby County as the right place for him at this point of his career.

“He was one of the first players I spoke about with our Head of Football Operations Chris Evans when he arrived in November, and we were well aware of his qualities when he joined us on loan in January.

“After being patient in waiting for his chance in the side, he showed what he could do on the pitch. His level of performance was excellent.

“It’s taken a lot of hard work for us to get to this stage but I think it says a lot about where we are at as a Club that we’ve been able to bring someone like George in permanently.

“Credit should go to our President & Chief Executive Sam Rush for the time and effort he has put in to get this transfer completed.”

“I am delighted that after lengthy negotiations, we have agreed a deal with West Bromwich Albion for the transfer of George Thorne,” said President & Chief Executive Sam Rush.

“I think this transaction demonstrates that Derby County is a very competitive Football Club and I would like to particularly thank our Ownership Group, who have provided substantial support to the club to enable this deal to be concluded.

“George joins a young and extremely talented group of players here at Derby and I cannot wait for the season to start and for us to see them all in action.”

Thorne, a graduate of West Bromwich Albion’s Academy, made his first-team debut at 16 years of age during the 2009/10 season.

In total he made 17 appearances for the Premier League outfit and also spent time out on loan at Portsmouth, Peterborough United and Watford, prior to linking up with Derby in January.[/article]

Back
Top Bottom