1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Cherries for dessert - Post Match

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Insignificance, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

True.

2. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

To make so many changes that I shit myself twice in a few days, but we got six points and plus six goals, makes me finally believe we got this.

3. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

Said this last night whilst drunk (think I said it about four times actually, cos I was drunk), five changes against Everton, we win putting 5 past them), 7 changes against Bournemouth, a centre back going off injured, & win putting 3 past them, plus keep a clean sheet.

Add in Keita, Shaq, & Chamberlain all seeming to come good exactly when we need them to during our busiest period, & city dropping yet more points, & I'm almost beginning to hope.

SaRed, Stevesquash and Insignificance like this.
  4. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

None of us have so many children to rear mate - so you're excused.

mark1975 likes this.
  5. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

@6TimesaRed

6. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

Those this mean that RedNinja nickname is up for grabs?

7. Mystic

Mystic Moderator Moderator

So, I was watching with some Manc friends, so I was 50% watching, 25% telling them how fucking much I love Andy Robertson, 20% taking the piss out of their team and 5% calling Daniel James a diving cunt. In case I wasn't paying attention enough, could someone tell me if my summary of Keita's performance is correct?

I thought he had a very good game, he was positive with the ball, often beating a man, and always looking to get the vertical pass through the line. It also looked like he was playing more on the right this game, as opposed to his usual left behind Mane, could this be responsible for an improvement to you think? He took his goal very well, and although it was all about Salah's assist, it was a testament to his willingness to pass and move, and to run in behind, something he needs to keep doing in this team. Also his assist seems to have gone under the radar, it was an inch perfect sublime through ball, the kind we used to spaff up the wall when Coutinho pulled off. However, as positive and good his performance was, a solid 8 for me, the truth is also that he was allowed to play by a very poor Bournemouth side.

Is that fair, or am I wanting him to do well and letting that skew my view?

8. Shay_K

Shay_K Very Active Member

Are you implying that the lads might be already on the beach ........all seven miles of it?

9. darkstarexodus

darkstarexodus Well-Known Member

I think that's about fair. He played very well but Bournemouth put up little resistance.

10. Woland

Woland Part of the Furniture Member

I thought it looked like a game of 5 aside in the park, and I'm sure Keita is ace at that.

I suppose it's whether he made it look like that or if they were just total shit.

11. FoxForceFive

There's a reason klopp saved him for this, Bournemouth allow the midfield a lot of time & space that other sides get.

That said, he also won back the ball a helluva lot, probably more than anyone else .

If nothing else it was a very promising glimpse at what he may be able to offer if he can get a run of games to get his match fitness up.

12. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

You think you have it bad, Spare a thought for those poor crazy bastards in Germany who think it's fun to put up as many original trees in their home as they can, 300 this year and they started in August! They are aiming for 500 next year.

The human race is way beyond redemption.

13. refugee

refugee 4 * Xpert 11 Champ + only Veisercount Cup winner Member

Bournemouth were OK until their best defender went off injured, and about 5 seconds late they gave up.

14. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

No fucking way, I'm considerably shitter than you. Don't take that from me!

mark1975 likes this.
  15. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

I didn't even know you were a mod

Tinto, SaRed and darkstarexodus like this.
  16. FoxForceFive

They let any fuckers in these days.

SaRed and KopRed like this.
  17. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

That's my level of shitness.

18. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

They say the best referees are the ones you don't even notice

19. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

Otherwise known as lazy bastards.

20. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

The Red Juggernaut rolls on! Bournemouth actually seemed to lie down in front of us and just let themselves be squished. What an insipid, listless display from the Seasiders, or whatever their fucking nickname is. The SouthCoast Shithouses would be more apposite. Oh, wait it's the Cherries isn't it? Clue in the shit thread title.

Well, they played like virgins, although they did have almost an entire team out injured. They never even gave us a game, and we were effortless in our total control of the game and result.

Alisson (n/a) Yesssssss! A clean sheet! AT LAST. Not sure he actually had anything to do actually. Did they have a shot?

Gomez (7) Nobody likes Joe at RB, least of all Joe, but he did OK. He was clearly trying to do more in attack, and even made one or two good runs and passes but he's no TAA. Looked far more at home when he shifted to CB. I Like seeing him back next to Big Virgil.

Virgil (7) "What shall I have for dinner? Need to sort the tree aswell.....oh wait there's a ball coming in, I'll just head that away....now, er,....red tinsel deffo, and maybe I'll stick it in the other room this year, I spend more time in there......I may as well have a go up front here, I don't think anyone cares - I might do a little mazy dribble and have a shot, dunno yet. Be well funny."

Lovren (5) What was wrong with him? Cramp? Pulled a hammy? Looked er...OK before that, but was as bored as anyone else given that they had Solanke in attack, who hasn't scored for them yet. Few dizzy-arsed passes, which was annoying and then went off, so hard to rate really.

Robertson (6) Who was he up against on that side? Whoever it was did fuck all, and Robbo had his flank all sewn up defensively. pretty decent game, but I was disappointed that he didn't do more with all the time, space and possession he had, but fuck it, we won easily.

Milner (7) No fuss, no messing about; a rock solid, unshowy display of craft, grit and discipline. Quintessential Milner really. God, I love him.

Henderson (8) Same as Milner in many respects, but soon realised he was all alone in the holding role, so started pinging the ball about like a boss. The long pass for Chamberlain's goal was just exquisite and he never stopped moving, working and probing. Impressive indeed.

Keita (8) Finally! A game actually made for Keita, in that he had all the time and space in the world. The snorting workhorses behind him offered a great platform, and he was also more central, instead of the weird inside-left-next-to-Fabinho position. He's still not great defensively, and sometimes doesn't seem aware of danger, but he displayed an array of clever passing and movement, always looking to get forward. Scored one, made one, thumbs up.

Chamberlain (7) Beautiful technique for the goal, finishing smartly from a Henderson wonderball. Not massively involved apart from that, he doesn't look comfortable wider, but you can't have him and Keita both playing AM, so whatyagonnado?

Salah (8) Oh, this was far more like it from the Egyptian King. Took them to the cleaners with a display full of twisting, turning menace. Cute backheel to set up Keita, and then ran onto a sumptuous through ball as Naby returned the favour to slot the third.

Firmino (4) Looked half asleep in the first half, and his touch was horrible. Improved a bit, and then wasted a couple of chances, as usual. Struggling.

Subs:

TAA (7) Came on and immediately started making things happen. He's so good.
    Jones (6) Great to see and a very tidy debut. One shot over from a decent position.
    Shaqiri (amazing hair)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.