• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Chelsea Caribao Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Incredible, just incredible! Everyone who watches football knows how enormous is the gulf between youngsters and seasoned pros – in the Union SG away game we fielded a hybrid team of youngsters and backups and were completely disjointed and soundly outplayed. So watching this group of kids confidently hold their own against Chelsea's first team in a final at Wembley was akin to finding out that laws of gravity suddenly don't work – it just didn't make any logical sense, except that we were seeing it with our own eyes!

So with that in mind, I want to express my gratitude to Chelsea football club, Todd Boehly, Moises Caicedo, "captain wind-up" Chilwell and two circus dwarves desperately trying to fit in Mauricio Pochettino's trench coat (what did you do with the real Mauricio, you fiends?) for making this game and this result possible. Can we play you every week?

Oh, and Endo looks twice the player Caicedo is, for real. Wishing all the injured players quick recovery and onwards for more trophies.

Let's be clear here - Chelsea's starting team (bar Reece their strongest team however) was younger than ours (shorn of 6-7 starters). It was 'kids' in the extra time that killed them off.

Oh and what is this thread mate? Nearly everything has been said in the match thread !

That Chelsea team was littered with big money signings and seasoned players (even if they were young).
Not one of them lacked any top flight experience.

Yeah, for me average age means nothing. We had Elliott and gravy, 21 or under, starting for us; Yet both are seasoned pros.

We had genuine inexperienced players come on and beast them. They were bringing on 30m madueke, 100m mudryk and chalobah. All have played many many times at senior level. Clark played 40 minutes and has made about 7 appearances, maybe 2 starts? Bradley getting in chilwells head is a personal favourite.

It's an unreal achievement for them. Never been more proud of the team than I was yesterday.

Just an incredibly satisfying win, a much deserved one. Has to be said it was a very good final, only let down by a terrible referee on the night who was not fit for purpose.

Kelleher phwoaarrrrr, when I saw Gallagher bear down on goal with all the time and space in the world I genuinely thought this is over for us. Unbelievable goalkeeping and the one from Palmer first half was even better.

Virgil different class, our hero, our leader, our captain, our inspiration.

Endo. Fucking hell Endo lad, how do you do it. Breathless. Literally breathless watching him running about tirelessly covering every blade of grass.

I think we will look back at this match like Utd fans do when they think of times Butt, Scholes, Beckham and the Nevilles played.

The kids are stars in the making.

Chelsea a team void of confidence and a cutting edge.

Perfect storm for what we accomplished.

6 cup domestic cup finals in a row lost by Chelsea.

Last three to us. Take that you plastic cunts!!

6 cup domestic cup finals in a row lost by Chelsea.

giphy.gif

We don't discourage people from posting new threads Froggy. We used to have a post match thread for all games. For a final it seems absolutely appropriate.
Yeah but straight after the match - a day later seems superfluous. Not that I'm complaining it's just a little weird since there are umpteen pages on it in the other thread - which is still rampaging on.

I'm just completely broken

This morning I woke up feeling extremely depressed. It didn't hit me much last night because I was very tired and fell asleep easily. But man, am I feeling it today.

Last two seasons have been so bad that I got used to losing. Trust me when I say when we lost to Wolves, to Liverpool in the league and even the losses before that, it didn't hurt me much. Because at some point, we got so used to losing that at some point it just became the norm. Winning games felt like bonuses and I went into every game with almost no expectation.

But last night, it was different. Believe me when I say I wanted this league cup as much as I wanted the champions league in 2021. Believe me. When Liverpool revealed their line up, I was so confident that we would win this cup. But we didn't. I'm so heartbroken that I can't put it into words. All of those missed chances are being constantly replayed in my head. Telling myself, just one...just one of them had to go in. In a season where everything's going down, this trophy would have meant the world to us. I was almost ready to brag about how winning trophies is in the Chelsea DNA, that even in our worst season we can go out with something.

Since 2004, there has not been a single instance where Chelsea have gone trophyless for 2 seasons in a row. But it's starting to look very likely now. I am also scared to get ahead in the FA Cup because I know if anyhow we reach the finals, it will just be Liverpool waiting for us at the finish line. Losing 6 finals in a row in Wembley is no joke.

I'm sorry for being so pessimistic but I'm just not feeling it. I feel so terrible I can't even explain it. I genuinely can't remember the last time I felt so gutted after a loss. Have so much work pending but I can't focus on anything right now.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/1azzh0x/media_bias/

I love how Chelsea fans are rubbishing this argument themselves.

Some comments:

--Hutch--
13h ago
Yeah but we spent a huge amount of money on our young players lol. We were shit and the finishing was horrendous yet again.
The media bias was crazy which is why I refused to watch the Sky coverage but no excuses today. In extra time we got dominated by a very inexperienced Liverpool and Poch said the players looked like they were playing for penalties. That's embarrassing.

eric_3196
14h ago
Prior to this match, not a single one of the academy players klopp fielded today would have been deemed good enough to get into our squad let alone our starting 11 today. Let’s cut the victimization bs

https://www.reddit.com/user/jMS_44/
jMS_44
14h ago
I mean, now do in terms of minutes played in senior football

https://www.reddit.com/user/AncientSkys/
AncientSkys
14h ago
When you are languishing in midtable and constantly struggling after spending over 1 billion then these narratives will be written and overly exaggerated. We deserve to be clowned for being a complete disgrace.

Just watched Klopps post match presser in full.

He looks very sick. I do wonder if he is hiding a bad illness.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/1azzh0x/media_bias/

I love how Chelsea fans are rubbishing this argument themselves.

Some comments:

--Hutch--
13h ago
Yeah but we spent a huge amount of money on our young players lol. We were shit and the finishing was horrendous yet again.
The media bias was crazy which is why I refused to watch the Sky coverage but no excuses today. In extra time we got dominated by a very inexperienced Liverpool and Poch said the players looked like they were playing for penalties. That's embarrassing.

eric_3196
14h ago
Prior to this match, not a single one of the academy players klopp fielded today would have been deemed good enough to get into our squad let alone our starting 11 today. Let’s cut the victimization bs

https://www.reddit.com/user/jMS_44/
jMS_44
14h ago
I mean, now do in terms of minutes played in senior football

https://www.reddit.com/user/AncientSkys/
AncientSkys
14h ago
When you are languishing in midtable and constantly struggling after spending over 1 billion then these narratives will be written and overly exaggerated. We deserve to be clowned for being a complete disgrace.

You're trying to reason with a Chelsea fan.

Where's the logic in that?

Just watched Klopps post match presser in full.

He looks very sick. I do wonder if he is hiding a bad illness.
Looked tired to me if anything.

Probably sick of all the constant shitty refereeing decisions he keeps having to dig out.

I got curious because of all the talk about the billion dollar bottlers - like sure, their  squad may have cost that much, but what about the starting line-up? So here it is (all prices taken from Wiki as highest costs plus add-ons etc):

Chelsea:

Petrovic - £14M
Gusto - £30.75M
Disasi - £38.5M
Colwill - Academy
Chilwell - £45M
Caicedo - £115M
Fernandez - £107M
Palmer - £42.5M
Gallagher - Academy
Sterling - £47.5M
Jackson - £32M

Starting cost: £472.5M

Subs:

Mudryk - £89M
Madueke - £28.5M
Chalobah - Academy
Nkunku - £52M

Total cost: £641.75M

Liverpool:

Kelleher - Academy
Bradley - Academy
Konate - £36M
Virgil - £75M
Robbo - £8M
Endo - £16M
Gravenberch - £34.2M
Macca - £55M
Elliott - £4.3M
Gakpo - £44.3M
Diaz - £50M

Starting cost: £322.8M

Subs:

Gomez - £3.5M
Tsimi - £11.75M
Clark - Academy
McConnell - Academy
Danns - Academy
Quansah - Academy

Total cost: £338.05M

I got curious because of all the talk about the billion dollar bottlers - like sure, their  squad may have cost that much, but what about the starting line-up? So here it is (all prices taken from Wiki as highest costs plus add-ons etc):

Chelsea:

Petrovic - £14M
Gusto - £30.75M
Disasi - £38.5M
Colwill - Academy
Chilwell - £45M
Caicedo - £115M
Fernandez - £107M
Palmer - £42.5M
Gallagher - Academy
Sterling - £47.5M
Jackson - £32M

Subs:

Mudryk - £89M
Madueke - £28.5M
Chalobah - Academy
Nkunku - £52M

Liverpool:

Kelleher - Academy
Bradley - Academy
Konate - £36M
Virgil - £75M
Robbo - £8M
Endo - £16M
Gravenberch - £34.2M
Macca - £55M
Elliott - £4.3M
Gakpo - £44.3M
Diaz - £50M

Subs:

Gomez - £3.5M
Tsimi - £11.75M
Clark - Academy
McConnell - Academy
Danns - Academy
Quansah - Academy

Ffs, why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Blue billion pound bottlejobs is more a reflexion of the state of the club as a whole, just so happens Gary blurted it out during yesterday's final.

Yeah he doesnt look good at all. I'm glad he found some joy yesterday but yeah he's not the same
Would not surprise me if it comes out after the season that he has an illness although Pep has said the decision was made in the summer so maybe just exhausted and worn out.

Chelsea:

Petrovic - £14M
Gusto - £30.75M
Disasi - £38.5M
Colwill - Academy
Chilwell - £45M
Caicedo - £115M
Fernandez - £107M
Palmer - £42.5M
Gallagher - Academy
Sterling - £47.5M
Jackson - £32M

Subs:

Mudryk - £89M
Madueke - £28.5M
Chalobah - Academy
Nkunku - £52M

Liverpool:

Kelleher - Academy
Bradley - Academy
Konate - £36M
Virgil - £75M
Robbo - £8M
Endo - £16M
Gravenberch - £34.2M
Macca - £55M
Elliott - £4.3M
Gakpo - £44.3M
Diaz - £50M

Subs:

Gomez - £3.5M
Tsimi - £11.75M
Clark - Academy
McConnell - Academy
Danns - Academy
Quansah - Academy

If you did it total squad cost I’d imagine it’s even closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom