• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League : Last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
End of the road ? Or the next round of our CL winning run?

The opposition is going to be tough, with City, Spurs and Chelsea winning their groups there are only 4 (5) potential opponents : Real Madrid, PSG (or Benfica if PSG fail to win away at Juventus), Bayern or Porto.

We'll all be praying it's Porto (again). However the odds mean it's unlikely. Obviously we want to avoid Bayern and I'd say PSG too. I wouldn't mind a revenge tie vs Real as the only desirable option to Porto.

I don't fancy our chances against any of the big guns based on what we've seen so far this season.

Porto hopefully.

Think we've about run our course in this competition.

Not gonna be able to get away with our lazy lousy performances against the bigguns.

It seems like we are going back to the good ol' days where we beat the bigger names and lose meekly to the shit teams. So just as well.

To be honest - I am shit scared of facing Bayern this season - I don't like the idea of coming up against an attack that consists of a Sane, and Mane. I celebrated Sane leaving City like it was a signing for us, he use to fill me with dread, and now it might be that we have to face him again, along with Mane.

To be honest - I am shit scared of facing Bayern this season - I don't like the idea of coming up against an attack that consists of a Sane, and Mane. I celebrated Sane leaving City like it was a signing for us, he use to fill me with dread, and now it might be that we have to face him again, along with Mane.
Bayern are rumoured to be signing the Spurs mouth breather in January, so we may be up against Sane Kane and Mane

The knockouts are a long way away and much can happen with form / injuries in that time.

Anyway, even in the worst run of form in recent years we’ve managed to absolutely show our class against big, in-form sides in the last weeks so good luck to anyone thinking we’re a soft touch in big games, especially in Europe.

Bring it on.

Looks like Benfica pipped PSG to the nr 1 spot in the group on away goals scored.

The way we are playing we are more likely to beat the bigger teams than the smaller ones.
Let’s put the Madrid debacle right.

If rather get Madrid so we either get them out of the way or get knocked out. Can't take another loss against them in a final

We have a 37 percent chance of facing Bayern.The remaining teams around 21 percent chance.

Mentally prepare to watch Sadio Mane smash us out the CL.

Games are not til mid Feb right? We have time to regroup and possibly add to the squad before that. If we are still giving every team a 1 goal headstart by Feb we have bigger things to worry about than the CL

We have a 37 percent chance of facing Bayern.The remaining teams around 21 percent chance.

Mentally prepare to watch Sadio Mane smash us out the CL.
It's the most likely tie out of all possible ties.

Followed by Bayern vs Milan at 24%

Mane it is then.

It's the most likely tie out of all possible ties.

Followed by Bayern vs Milan at 24%

Mane it is then.

There’s a 99% probability that City get Brugge or Frankfurt - how I’d love them to get PSG & knocked out.

There’s a 99% probability that City get Brugge or Frankfurt - how I’d love them to get PSG & knocked out.
It's actually a 13% and a 18% chance but I concur with the sentiment.

sketch-1667468370048.png

When is the Champions League last 16 draw?
The draw takes place at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday 7 November. The ceremony begins at 12:00 CET, which is 11am in the UK and Portugal.

Where can I watch the Champions League last 16 draw?
The live stream will appear on this link.

I'm sure its obvious, but if there are 4 teams we can draw, why are the odds not 25% each?

EDIT Oh - I think I get it. Munich can only draw 4 teams, whereas the other 3 have a choice of 6-7.

Yes. But it would be even sweeter, however unlikely, for our old friend Simon to blank them for Brugge and then roll over for us in the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom