• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can you bring bags into Anfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Gonna have a rucksack with clothes on me when i go the game on Sun, will they let you in with it?

Ta. Just saw an article about OT not letting in pretty much anything so figured i'd better check

They'll let you in . Might have a rummage in it, but it'll be fine

You'll be fine to get in but you'll be pretty cramped with a rucksack taking up most of your leg room.

Yep - I went in with one at the last Drinkies game, it was a beast and I just got lucky I had an aisle seat and left my bag on the aisle.

There was absolutely no sort of security checking when I went last year. Is that standard?

You'll be fine to get in but you'll be pretty cramped with a rucksack taking up most of your leg room.
Take a small padlock & a bungee cord in the backpack, put the bungee cord around the straps that aren't detachable (usually the handle at the top), make sure the zip of the bag is locked with the padlock (you should always have your backpack locked with a padlock in any city) then you can put the bag under your seat with the bungee cord fastened around one of your ankles, meaning no one can steal it or open it, but it's easy to pick up & move as you can simply unclip the bungee cord.

I've done a version of this with a tighter cord around my wrist & leaning against the bag when taking the train alone in case I fall asleep.

Ha! Trust me, I prefer standing rather than squeezing into seats with leg room only just adequate for 12 year olds!

I concur - the leg room at Anfield is just terrible (well at least on the Kop and Anfield Rd). And I'm far from being a big guy.

I concur - the leg room at Anfield is just terrible (well at least on the Kop and Anfield Rd). And I'm far from being a big guy.

At the same time though it creates a good atmosphere being so close to others. E.g. When I have been at the Emirates you would need to take a whole step forward if you wanted to tap the person in front of you.

At the same time though it creates a good atmosphere being so close to others. E.g. When I have been at the Emirates you would need to take a whole step forward if you wanted to tap the person in front of you.
The leg space at the emirates is much better.
I didn't actually care too much when I was on the Kop as we were standing and jumping anyway. :D :cool:

Arsenal are shit.
The emirates is a beautiful stadium though... ;)

I've been there for work training courses and conferences, which gives a nice football related background. As a stadium though I don't like it. It feels too corporate with its arm rests and padded seats everywhere.

I have been a few times on my GF's Uncle's Season Ticket when he has a spare and enjoy winding up those sat around pointing out how shite different players are - at times I don't think they realise i'm not a gooner.

I guess the soul of the stadium depends very much on its population.
Arsenal fans are shit, so Highbury used to be called Library.
Better fans would bring to an Emirates like stadium a much better atmosphere.

The Emirates is a lovely stadium, and a great piece of architecture. It's a shit football stadium though, just like Wembley.

Wembley is a fantastic stadium, just fucking shite atmosphere. Everything sounds hollow and disjointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom