• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brendan Rodgers running out of time as air of resignation engulfs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
he talks about "a small minority" of Liverpool fans losing patience, but how would he know? (personally I doubt it is a minority now, but I'm not making claims I have no way of backing up, nor should he)

Wasn't there an Echo poll where 95% were unhappy with him ? Or maybe that was unhappy with the club or transfer dealings or or or ....

A win today and we are back on track. With Sturridge back and Ings ambition we can still make it. If coutinho decides to join in and Milner does more than just run we might do something this season.

We have been here before so many times the past 10 years so we know the drill.

With or without Rodgers.

Please just start winning!

A win today and we are back on track. With Sturridge back and Ings ambition we can still make it. If coutinho decides to join in and Milner does more than just run we might do something this season.

We have been here before so many times the past 10 years so we know the drill.

With or without Rodgers.

Please just start winning!

Everything is excellent!

No, it's just optimism and hope. Served me well and made me a lot of friends and even a little money.

You are a pessimistic realist, right? You probably owe that to accountancy.

Actually I'm an optimist, always have been. Optimism isn't dependent on an ability to ignore reality, though.

Am I the only one here who thinks that we should stick with Mr Rodgers till end of this season and start with a new manager and bigger stadium next season.

Am I the only one here who thinks that we should stick with Mr Rodgers till end of this season and start with a new manager and bigger stadium next season.

No, part of me thinks we might be better off holding on. Much better chance of landing a good manager if it's done in good order behind the scenes with fingers off the panic button. Just like in any other business.

If Rodgers could just find some sort of balance, especially between the back 6, he would be easier to love. We do look like a team without a playbook at times. No question.

The quest for his head isn't logical though. Too many tunneled visioned people with an agenda.

According to the Express, Ancelotti has said he's not available until January, while Klopp would come as soon as he was asked.

No, part of me thinks we might be better off holding on. Much better chance of landing a good manager if it's done in good order behind the scenes with fingers off the panic button. Just like in any other business.

If Rodgers could just find some sort of balance, especially between the back 6, he would be easier to love. We do look like a team without a playbook at times. No question.

The quest for his head isn't logical though. Too many tunneled visioned people with an agenda.

That's a pretty bold claim.

Many a calm and rational analysis would conclude that he probably isn't going to succeed as we'd like him to. Given that even this season can still be salvaged, and the apparent availability of two VERY attractive alternatives, it's simply BS to say that a strong desire for him to be sacked isn't logical.

Many a calm and rational analysis would conclude that he probably isn't going to succeed as we'd like him to. Given that even this season can still be salvaged, and the apparent availability of two VERY attractive alternatives, it's simply BS to say that a strong desire for him to be sacked isn't logical.

I find the problem with you reasoning is that it is so one dimensional.

I'm not unwilling to accept that letting him go could be the answer.

Logic would suggest that you should be willing to embrace my reasoning as well.

We could easily be better off waiting until next summer.

They chose to back him
They didn't let him go this window
We safe face as a club and send a message of stability and professionalism.

I'm sure we could add to the list of pros and cons?

If you really are as clever as you say this would make sense to you.

According to the Express, Ancelotti has said he's not available until January, while Klopp would come as soon as he was asked.

Kloop is a maverick and just too big a risk. We are 2 or 3 points off our objective and the season just started.

I honestly think the quest for his head is knee jerk at best.

At least until after we have completed the next month.

I agree, It would be madness to hold on to him till the end of the season if results and performances don't improve.

Why would anyone so early into the season even remotely consider this.. It does not make sense too..

They chose to back him

And the danger of keeping him could lead to a player exodus at the end of the Season.. Our very best players leaving..

You very reasoning for keeping him, discounts the fact we have had the same merry go round with him for the last 6 months.

Stability and Profesionalism?? more like a laughing stock by keeping him

He hasn't found that balance in 4 years of trying

They chose to back him

I do embrace your reasoning, if by that you mean taking into account the possibility that Rodgers staying on would be best.

I make that something in the order of 5-10% as opposed to being better to sack now.

So therefore I want us to sack him now.

I'm not sure how that can offend you.

Agree. If the alternative is this character Mazzarri or some other randomer out there I'd (reluctantly) keep Rodgers, but if we can get Ancelotti or Klopp - in that order of preference - it would be ludicrous not to. The references by Wiberg and others to "if he could just find some sort of balance" etc.are just desperation talking. There is zero reason to suppose Rodgers can do it now when he's failed to do so for the past three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom